Jump to content

2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

I also wouldn’t count out Phillips yet. I know he had a rough rookie year but I’m excited to see him after a full nfl off-season and preseason

Neither would I. Big learning curve. We've seen guys eat sh*t the first couple years and turn into quality starters along the OL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Neither would I. Big learning curve. We've seen guys eat sh*t the first couple years and turn into quality starters along the OL. 

If we end up drafting a C/LG and/or moving Bozeman to C, I would also consider Makari as an option as RT. 
 

Played LT in college and has performed well in all positions on the line throughout last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, berlin calling said:

now i've seen it all. Somebody actually calling this team to sign ***** Dennis Kelly. 

i get it, he was the starting RT for the line Henry run 2k with.

he's also the epitome of below average and JAG. If you believe he was instrumental in that aforementioned achievement then god bless, Brother.

if they sign Kelly it better be for backup duty only.

He would be a placeholder for sure, not a real solution. The team is short on real tackle depth though. 

I like Mekari but I'm not sure where he really fits. As the top backup at pretty much every spot (maybe even LT now?) besides RG he's great. As a true starter? Eh. 

Agreed on Phillips. The condensed offseason last year wasn't good for any of the rookies. If the team believes he still has something to offer as a starter going forward then they're probably not going to draft someone at the same spot with a high pick. Is that spot right tackle or left guard though? I'm assuming right tackle. That would make sense with Kelly brought in on a platoon/see who's doing better rotation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ravens run scheme is so different than the rest of the NFL, I don't think we can really predict how some of these outside guys will perform in it. A guy who is seemingly average/declining could come in and really excel. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The Ravens run scheme is so different than the rest of the NFL, I don't think we can really predict how some of these outside guys will perform in it. A guy who is seemingly average/declining could come in and really excel. 

That's why I prefer Kelly. Watch his run blocking tape. It's clear as day. He can boogy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Feel bad for Hurst. He's essentially living out an extended sitcom episode right now where every time he thinks he's settled an All-Pro TE pops out to F up his day. He's a Jacksonville kid and I think he might end up with the Jags when he becomes a FA. They need a receiving TE and he and Lawrence can exchange haircare tips. Wish him the best. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Feel bad for Hurst. He's essentially living out an extended sitcom episode right now where every time he thinks he's settled an All-Pro TE pops out to F up his day. He's a Jacksonville kid and I think he might end up with the Jags when he becomes a FA. They need a receiving TE and he and Lawrence can exchange haircare tips. Wish him the best. 

 

Can’t say I feel bad. I feel he’s overvalued himself and his talents. He was an overaged prospect that the Ravens stupidly selected with their 1st pick in 2018 (he looked like more of a 3rd round pick on tape IMO), yet because he went that high he seemingly had an inflated ego. Dude demanded out so he could be a “#1 TE” and went to a high volume offense and did little with it.

The only difference IMO between Hurst last year and Brown Jr this year is that we got more than acceptable compensation for Hurst, while falling short with Brown Jr (IMO). In either case, I won’t feel bad for either player. Both were on a successful team that provided them with ample resources to develop and yet they campaigned their way out of town searching for greener pastures. In both cases they found more than ideal landing spots too.

What they do with those opportunities after leaving is all on them IMO. Hurst brought this on himself; he’s got above average to good athleticism and excellent hands, but same as I said my concern for him as a prospect was, his feel for the game is pretty trash. The fact it’s still this way (after already being an overaged player) caps out his potential as simply average to above average at the NFL level IMO.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

What they do with those opportunities after leaving is all on them IMO. Hurst brought this on himself; he’s got above average to good athleticism and excellent hands, but same as I said my concern for him as a prospect was, his feel for the game is pretty trash. The fact it’s still this way (after already being an overaged player) caps out his potential as simply average to above average at the NFL level IMO.

I remember how pissed you got when he screamed "Get the ball to me!!" or whatever it was. I guess I didn't interpret it to be so bad, but boy did you get on Hurst's case after that.  Seems like you've still got some venom for him. 😂 Remember to go easy on the elderly DB.

I just view him as a good player that got over drafted and consistently out shone by a bigger talent. First Lamar who goes a couple picks after him, then Mark, and now Kyle Pitts will push him off the roster. Really weird career path for him. Do think he's a good match for Jacksonville though. I also appreciate his work with the NFL's mental health campaigns too.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Multiple Tackles would serve us better than a Tackle & Edge combo imo. I'd like to see us bring a couple guys in.

 

Leno has played RT before.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Feel bad for Hurst. He's essentially living out an extended sitcom episode right now where every time he thinks he's settled an All-Pro TE pops out to F up his day. He's a Jacksonville kid and I think he might end up with the Jags when he becomes a FA. They need a receiving TE and he and Lawrence can exchange haircare tips. Wish him the best. 

 

That's a bit surprising to me. His option is only around $5M dollars. He's a fine, but certainly not special, starting-caliber TE. I'd take him at that price in a heartbeat.

I think the falcons should have held on to that, if not to keep, for a trade.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

I remember how pissed you got when he screamed "Get the ball to me!!" or whatever it was. I guess I didn't interpret it to be so bad, but boy did you get on Hurst's case after that.  Seems like you've still got some venom for him. 😂 Remember to go easy on the elderly DB.

I just view him as a good player that got over drafted and consistently out shone by a bigger talent. First Lamar who goes a couple picks after him, then Mark, and now Kyle Pitts will push him off the roster. Really weird career path for him. Do think he's a good match for Jacksonville though. I also appreciate his work with the NFL's mental health campaigns too.

As the old heads remember to tell me; age before beauty. But real talk, Hurst to me, was a combination of Brown Jr and Soulja Boy Brown. Clamoring for opportunities, yet soft when the ball is floated to him. He’s got excellent hands, better than Andrews for sure. The difference is Andrews is a soldier and pushes off defenders for last minute separation and attacks the ball in the air at its highest point, to limit defenders from feasting on turnovers. Hurst (perhaps because football is his 2nd sport) doesn’t have the savvy physicality at the top of routes and while he plucks the ball, doesn’t do it at its highest point. Nor does he have the same adjustment speed for low throws either. If Hurst simply was what he was, I wouldn’t castigate his only above average talents, but instead he overplayed his hand.

Though I do thank him considerably for doing so because I much prefer JKDobbins to Hurst. By asking for an out, he allowed the Ravens to get up from under him and elevate their talent comparatively.

But I do absolutely agree with you about Hurst being a good dude that is using his platform to talk about mental illness. From a dude perspective, he’d be a definite share a good ale with type. But from my team fan/loyalty perspective... he can kick rocks. 😂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, coordinator0 said:

I feel like Morgan Moses should be an attractive option for the Ravens regardless of already signing Villanueva. 

I'd rather have another Tackle than a FA EDGE addition like Houston. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...