2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Gurley is far better than Ingram. Younger too. The legs though? Remains to be seen. I don't see the issue with a one year kick of the tires. You're also one injury away from just having Dob/Hill or Gus/Hill. I'd rather have Gurley being that 3rd option. 

I completely agree with you as long as the money is right.

18 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Gurley is far better than Ingram. Younger too. The legs though? Remains to be seen. I don't see the issue with a one year kick of the tires. You're also one injury away from just having Dob/Hill or Gus/Hill. I'd rather have Gurley being that 3rd option. 

Debatable as to whether he's even better than Ingram when he's 3 years removed at this point from even putting up a YPC over 4. And youth isn't really a factor when he has the knees of a 35 year old. 

Idk, if we bring him in I'd assume it's close to the vet minimum so I'm not too fussed about it unless we pay real money on it and it gets in the way of signing someone like Houston who can actually help this team in a big way. If we were to add another RB it feels like it would make sense for it to be a pass-catching back, since we don't really have any natural receivers in the RB room right now. Gurley was a good receiver in his prime but doesn't really have the burst/acceleration you'd need to make more out of the screen/checkdown game. 

2 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Ingram was a weekly inactive by the end of the year because Gus and Dobbins are better and Hill plays special teams. Hard to see how it would be any different with Gurley. 

Yea, maybe there is a niche role as a passing down back, since none of the 3 backs we have are even average in pass pro/picking up a blitz. But like you said, it's hard to see how that becomes a gameday active.

• Like 1

Its good for the Ravens to weigh their options in case of injury.   Gurley will eventually land somewhere.  I don't mind Gurley being on the team at the right price.

Edited by famousj

• 2 months later...

We'll definitely see some guys hit the IR(COVID rules in effect again this year) and PUP list pretty soon. Guys still dealing with issues(big, small, imaginary) can hit those lists and make room for some of the young background pieces we want to secure. So the really tough roster decisions might not come for a while because we'll have some artificial space(wiggle room).

If things do get extra tight I think we could see CoCap be a surprise cut. Which would rough to see, but you can't avoid these kinds of harsh realities in the NFL. Presumably the FO will not want a repeat of the Darious Williams/Zach Sieler situations and will safeguard young upside options more intently. Guys like Ar'Darius Washington really shouldn't be hitting the PS imo. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DreamKid said:

We'll definitely see some guys hit the IR(COVID rules in effect again this year) and PUP list pretty soon. Guys still dealing with issues(big, small, imaginary) can hit those lists and make room for some of the young background pieces we want to secure. So the really tough roster decisions might not come for a while because we'll have some artificial space(wiggle room).

If things do get extra tight I think we could see CoCap be a surprise cut. Which would rough to see, but you can't avoid these kinds of harsh realities in the NFL. Presumably the FO will not want a repeat of the Darious Williams/Zach Sieler situations and will safeguard young upside options more intently. Guys like Ar'Darius Washington really shouldn't be hitting the PS imo. 

Yeah, with the depth of the team this year I just can’t see them keeping many - if any - of those “special teams only” type guys we have in the past like Bethel, Richards, etc. and I think Levine unfortunately may be on that list if they don’t feel comfortable with him playing dimeback like he did back in 2018

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Some feel Cam Robinson may be expendable for the Jags. Bama Kid, capable of playing G or T. We have an opening at LG and no depth at Tackle, also are no strangers to dealing with Jacksonville. It's not a bad idea. 

Didn't he just get franchised?

14 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Some feel Cam Robinson may be expendable for the Jags. Bama Kid, capable of playing G or T. We have an opening at LG and no depth at Tackle, also are no strangers to dealing with Jacksonville. It's not a bad idea. 

We need a RT of the future..I’d be down for the right price 

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Have no idea how he’s played for Miami

I don't either. He was a competent backup LT for us though, and the Patriots liked his tape with the Ravens enough to boot us a 4th Round Pick for him. Odd that he hasn't been able to replicate that stable play, even as a backup, elsewhere.