2021 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

I was waiting for someone to make this joke. Liked that show back in the day.

I never watched the actual show but I did watch a Korean variety show where they locked all the members in prison cells forcing them to find clues within their cells and tools around a complex to escape the guards and ultimately the facility. One of the members kept saying calling themselves "Schofield" over and over, annoying everyone. He did it so much the show had to insert a graphic explaining the reference was from an American series called 'Prison Break'. So luckily I got the reference, even if in a non traditional way 😅.

Always funny when people have more knowledge of a reference from things that aren't the source material.

Like at this point more people have to know that "1000 Miles" song from the movie White Chicks and this diss track that went crazy viral a couple months ago 🤣-

Which was then responded to with an equally viral diss track sampling Fantasia's 'When I See U'😆-

You can never truly predict what the world is going to offer up next 🤷‍♂️.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, AngusMcFife said:

It's an outside the box move, I don't see how it can hurt. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31591458/baltimore-ravens-john-harbaugh-says-possible-jawuan-james-return-achilles-injury-november-december

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- The Baltimore Ravens' addition of offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James may provide more immediate dividends than originally thought.

A day after the Ravens struck a two-year deal with James, coach John Harbaugh did not rule him out for the 2021 season. James tore his Achilles tendon in April in a workout away from the Denver Broncos' facility and was later cut by the team.

"The Achilles injury is one that he could possibly be back this year even -- November [or] December maybe," Harbaugh said after Tuesday's offseason practice. "I wouldn't say we're counting on that. But it's certainly something you know is possible."

I wonder if we became more likely to execute this move once the IR - return rules became official. Maybe he still sits out the full season, but in addition to the effective option to keep him next year, there's a potential insurance policy for our OL down the stretch.

Agreed that it's outside the box, but I like it even more if this is actually a possibility, even if it's a long shot.

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ravens: In desperate need of OLB help

Ravens: "I know, let's sign Ju'Wan James!"

Ravens: Still in desperate need of OLB help

Ravens: "How about Todd Gurley to be our 5th RB?"

Granted I'd definitely prefer a pass rusher but added depth to a position where injuries are common in a new 17 game season isn't terrible as long as it's cheap.

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Ingram was a weekly inactive by the end of the year because Gus and Dobbins are better and Hill plays special teams. Hard to see how it would be any different with Gurley. 

Gurley is far better than Ingram. Younger too. The legs though? Remains to be seen. I don't see the issue with a one year kick of the tires. You're also one injury away from just having Dob/Hill or Gus/Hill. I'd rather have Gurley being that 3rd option. 

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1