What side of the ball do we spend our first round pick on?

brownie man

What side of the ball should we spend our first round pick on?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Offense or Defense

• Offense
    • Defense

I don't keep up with the draft but is Moore a 1st round pick? Maybe if the guys aren't there in the first we trade back to the 2nd and pick him up moving some picks later on? 

I mean he's a great athlete but I'm not sure he's going in the top 32 picks 

3 hours ago, sonny44 said:

Defense, unless there is a proven deep threat reciever available.

What good is a dee threat WR right now to this team. 

we draft defense and that defender should see 70-80% of the defensive snaps. A WR won’t come close to that especially when you have guys like Jarvis OBJ and Higgins. Let’s not forget DPJ who is a 4.4 guy who showed he is a willing blocker.

I would t worry about drafting a 1st rd WR until we are getting thin at the position or really lack good players 

Just now, buno67 said:

What good is a deep threat WR right now to this team compared to a defensive starter?

we draft defense and that defender should see 70-80% of the defensive snaps. A WR won’t come close to that especially when you have guys like Jarvis OBJ and Higgins. Let’s not forget DPJ who is a 4.4 guy who showed he is a willing blocker.

I would t worry about drafting a 1st rd WR until we are getting thin at the position or really lack good players 

Just now, buno67 said:

What good is a dee threat WR right now to this team. 

A deep threat would give our offence another dynamic. The only receiver we have who can get any kind of vertical separation is Peoples-Jones.

Having someone like that would have done more to help us yesterday than a linebacker. The Chiefs offence can make any defence look pedestrian. Let's build up on our d, but we can't afford to not work on a strength either.

6 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

A deep threat would give our offence another dynamic. The only receiver we have who can get any kind of vertical separation is Peoples-Jones.

Having someone like that would have done more to help us yesterday than a linebacker. The Chiefs offence can make any defence look pedestrian. Let's build up on our d, but we can't afford to not work on a strength either.

Yeah but who’s says we drsft LB? Why not draft a corner. So we’re not stuck doubling guys and leaving Chad Henne able to scramble. Maybe another DE thst could create pressure and doesn’t allow the opposing QB time. A speedy WR is nice but they are nice for a couple drives. Going defense. We get them for the entire game.

also rather find a speed guy late and develop them into a role. If we are drafting a guy in the first. They should Be at least the #2 guy but they won’t be on this team

Just now, buno67 said:

Yeah but who’s says we drsft LB? Why not draft a corner. So we’re not stuck doubling guys and leaving Chad Henne able to scramble. Maybe another DE thst could create pressure and doesn’t allow the opposing QB time. A speedy WR is nice but they are nice for a couple drives. Going defense. We get them for the entire game.

also rather find a speed guy late and develop them into a role. If we are drafting a guy in the first. They should Be at least the #2 guy but they won’t be on this team

We certainly need two corners. Even with everyone fit, we'll be in dime packages enough to justify it. I just wouldn't be against selecting a worthwhile WR if there's no corners who present value.

2 hours ago, JDD said:

I don't keep up with the draft but is Moore a 1st round pick? Maybe if the guys aren't there in the first we trade back to the 2nd and pick him up moving some picks later on? 

I mean he's a great athlete but I'm not sure he's going in the top 32 picks 

His height will kill his stock.

On 1/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, hornbybrown said:

I can’t vote on this till after free agency.

Don’t forget we get Delpit and Greedy back.

It'll be nice to have them back but I'd still pick a DB if that's BPA.   If Delpit and Greedy are good they won't have trouble seeing snaps with how many DBs you have to field.

Really every position in defense is a need.