2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I just did, I put up my Christmas lights in Nov on about a 40 degree day in jeans and a long sleeve T shirt, took them down in Jan it was about 27 with a 10 mph wind, had my ice fishing jacket on with a knit hat.

Massive difference, this is spoken like someone who doesn't live in a cold climate.

Have family born and raised in WI and the UP, entire lives in cold weather from Nov to April that moved to Charleston SC and Orlando FL, they're freezing everytime they visit. Your body gets used to the climate you're based in over a couple of months. Tom's been in Tampa almost a year, this will be cold for him. Now he's a great QB so I don't think it will make a massive difference, but it could be a factor.

I'm Irish and a permanent resident in Canada, can definitely agree here - it's not at that level today but "why the f*** do the bones in my legs hurt!?" sensation was a whole different one for me when I first got there. 

The wind, actual temp vs "feels like", and direct sunlight or lack thereof might be big factors, since those tend to make a major difference. You can prepare for and even somewhat acclimatize to the cold, but when there's wind and a lack of sunlight there's often not much you can do about just feeling miserable. 

It's set to be 29 but feel like 23 at kick off, and down to 'feels like' around 19 late in the game with 10-15mph winds. Sunset it also set for 4.50pm so depending on how fast the first half goes, most of the second may well be after dark. 

Crisp, clear, still days in that part of the world can be beatifuk and I would taken them any day over the dark, windy, living-inside-of-a-puddle Irish winter climate every day, but bad weather days and most nights are a whole different beast. 

Edited by Billy86

As for Vea, while I don't expect him to be a huge factor, he could prove crucial in sparing use for some 3rd/4th and short or goal line situations, especially if he's willing to push through the pain barrier and risk reaggravating injury to push his teammates to the SB.

Hopefully I'm wrong here, but I don't see him being a complete non factor even if only used for 12, 15, 20ish snaps. Jenkins might need to monster up on him in those situations. 

The extent of Winfield Jr or Kevin King's injuries could also be an important factor. 

2 hours ago, St Vince said:

I wish the cold game narrative will stop. Both teams will be affected but it won't give a big advantage to either team. This game will come down to execution and coaching. 

Like Jim Turner stated after the Broncos lost to the Cowboys in SB XII, "We were thinking about winning the SB while the Cowboys were thinking about football"....

On 1/22/2021 at 4:52 PM, 40Year Pack Fan said:

There are also those who forget that like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady also went a stretch of ten years without winning a SB...

Different story Brady had 3 already, and had been to 2 superbowls in that period. So in total Brady already had 5 appearances and 3 wins... Rodgers has only been to 1...

6 hours ago, St Vince said:

Think he's talking about when Vick beat us in the playoffs, that wasn't September.  Yes it was cold but I remember the Packers went into that game so beat up they couldn't put up much of a fight. Bad playoff Favre made an appearance and threw his typical multiple picks because we got down early and he just took chances and forced the ball the rest of the way. It was just a bad game on both sides of the ball from what I remember.

I was there to witness that mess in person.   😟

1 minute ago, JohnCena said:

Different story Brady had 3 already, and had been to 2 superbowls in that period. So in total Brady already had 5 appearances and 3 wins... Rodgers has only been to 1...

Ten years w/o a SB win stands on it own merit...Rationalizing why one person's stretch is more or less impressive is splitting hairs...And besides, those two losses in that stretch were to Eli Manning, a questionable HOF'er...

3 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Ten years w/o a SB win stands on it own merit...Rationalizing why one person's stretch is more or less impressive is splitting hairs...And besides, those two losses in that stretch were to Eli Manning, a questionable HOF'er...

Yeah Eli Manning was lined up at safety great talk man. If you can't see the difference between 5 appearances and 1 idek what to tell you, whatever puts you to sleep I guess. 

5 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Come on, dude. Comparing 3 superbowls and 5 AFC titles to one and one plus a bunch of failures is not "splitting hairs". haha. Btw, If Rodgers was as clutch as Eli was on his SB runs maybe he'd have won more by now.