Jump to content

Goff’s future with the Rams


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

You're missing the point.

No dude you are. You can’t even admit that completely changing the offense from when it was its best has an impact on what we are doing. You just keep saying “Goff doesn’t look deep”. No he doesn’t throw deep right now because he doesn’t have anyone open. It was already pointed out there were plenty of time this year that he was looking to go deep with a ton of time but no one was open.

Just because Wolford threw it downfield some doesn’t mean it was the right play. Most of those were the wrong decision. Again as pointed out, other than the 2 completely blown coverages, he only had 1 completion, and that one he then the wrong ball, costing us a TD. And again, those throws were even semi open because the defense had more guys up in the box and less defending the deeper passing routes

We’re right back in this cycle, my post that started this says that Goff wasn’t great this year and McVay has every reason to say these things. But it’s like you can’t even fathom that anyone else had a role in the issues here.

Goff needs to be better. Not one single person here has EVER disagreed with that. But your side likes to play this little game in your mind that because we aren’t screaming for his head, that we are claiming he’s a Top 5 QB. He was a problem, play calling was a problem, the OL was a problem, and the lack of any threat beyond 25 yards was a problem. All of these can be true, and they were. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

No dude you are. You can’t even admit that completely changing the offense from when it was its best has an impact on what we are doing. You just keep saying “Goff doesn’t look deep”. No he doesn’t throw deep right now because he doesn’t have anyone open. It was already pointed out there were plenty of time this year that he was looking to go deep with a ton of time but no one was open.

Just because Wolford threw it downfield some doesn’t mean it was the right play. Most of those were the wrong decision. Again as pointed out, other than the 2 completely blown coverages, he only had 1 completion, and that one he then the wrong ball, costing us a TD. And again, those throws were even semi open because the defense had more guys up in the box and less defending the deeper passing routes

We’re right back in this cycle, my post that started this says that Goff wasn’t great this year and McVay has every reason to say these things. But it’s like you can’t even fathom that anyone else had a role in the issues here.

Goff needs to be better. Not one single person here has EVER disagreed with that. But your side likes to play this little game in your mind that because we aren’t screaming for his head, that we are claiming he’s a Top 5 QB. He was a problem, play calling was a problem, the OL was a problem, and the lack of any threat beyond 25 yards was a problem. All of these can be true, and they were. 

I think he’s right. And you’re being outrages. At least you admit Goff has to be better. But a lot of this reminds me when we use to defend Bradford to death. Goff has regressed and that’s an issue. He shouldn’t be reliant on the system! He should be the system. You’re both right. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

We aren't even in the running. It's not worth getting excited over. It's not happening. We don't have a 1st this year and literally NO ONE wants Goff. 

 

The Giants, Bears, and NYJ can be added to your list of teams don't have a deep play WR better than the Rams. We also didn't throw enough deep balls this season to truly test Reynolds or Jefferson's ability so it's tough to make an accurate assumption. The issue this season wasn't the lack of a deep threat, it was a QB not taking chances down the field. You're missing the point.

Why take chances down the field when no one has the speed to get down there in a timely fashion? Why ask a QB to hang in the pocket to throw a ball 30-40 yards deep just to watch it hit the turf? Not to mention the shots he could take waiting for someone to get open...it’s putting Goff in a situation he shouldn’t be in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I think he’s right. And you’re being outrages. At least you admit Goff has to be better. But a lot of this reminds me when we use to defend Bradford to death. Goff has regressed and that’s an issue. He shouldn’t be reliant on the system! He should be the system. You’re both right. 

McVay is the wunderkind, the offensive genius. He could supposedly work magic with Wolford. How can all those takes be out there (and they are all definitely here) but he can’t adjust what he is doing to better suit the things that Goff does well and limit what he doesn’t?

Sean Peyton has done it with a shell of Drew Brees, he did it for Taysom Hill. Bruce Arians finally gave in and did it for Tom Brady. Stefanski did it for Baker, Taylor was doing it for Burrow, Shanny has done it for all his QBs. At what point does the guy in charge of the offense take ANY responsibility?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Goff doesn't look deep anymore. Cooks is a scapegoat in this argument. 

Ask yourself why a QB who was extremely aggressive in 2017 and 2018 would suddenly turn into a dink and dunk passer. I think you know the answer, but I have a bad feeling that you're going to still say something unreasonable.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

We aren't even in the running. It's not worth getting excited over. It's not happening. We don't have a 1st this year and literally NO ONE wants Goff. 

LOL. Did you call around the NFL to come to that conclusion? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

No dude you are. You can’t even admit that completely changing the offense from when it was its best has an impact on what we are doing. You just keep saying “Goff doesn’t look deep”. No he doesn’t throw deep right now because he doesn’t have anyone open. It was already pointed out there were plenty of time this year that he was looking to go deep with a ton of time but no one was open.

Just because Wolford threw it downfield some doesn’t mean it was the right play. Most of those were the wrong decision. Again as pointed out, other than the 2 completely blown coverages, he only had 1 completion, and that one he then the wrong ball, costing us a TD. And again, those throws were even semi open because the defense had more guys up in the box and less defending the deeper passing routes

We’re right back in this cycle, my post that started this says that Goff wasn’t great this year and McVay has every reason to say these things. But it’s like you can’t even fathom that anyone else had a role in the issues here.

Goff needs to be better. Not one single person here has EVER disagreed with that. But your side likes to play this little game in your mind that because we aren’t screaming for his head, that we are claiming he’s a Top 5 QB. He was a problem, play calling was a problem, the OL was a problem, and the lack of any threat beyond 25 yards was a problem. All of these can be true, and they were. 

Okay what makes more sense, McVay changed the offense to take less shots down field or he changed the offense to mask Goff's deficiencies as a QB? And on deep routes, even if someone isn't clearly open you have to keep making those throws to A. Keep the defense honest or B. Potentially draw a PI. He was doing neither. He wasn't getting past his second read. 

 

No you're original post was immediately dismissing the "reporting" and calling it tabloid stuff more than concrete. That's a theme on this board to completely discredit things we don't agree with. Instead of accepting things we don't like, we pivot to making them false or not credible. It's just flat out sad.

Play calling was done to mask Goff's deficiencies and limit turnovers. Our O-line might have had lapses from series to series, but they were not as bad as people on this board make them out to be. We can afford to upgrade at Center or possibly Guard, but our O-Line was hardly the main issue or cause for concern. I don't think anyone is saying Goff is a Top 5 QB or screaming for his head. Finally, people have come around. But we were in the Divisional round of the playoffs and we're trying to chop this team down in an effort to minimize the impact Goff had on this teams shortcomings. You don't make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs with bad calling and a bad O-line. It doesn't happen. It doesn't matter if you don't share my excitement to get fresh blood in here at QB cause that's what McVay's going to do anyway. It's just sad on this board how people can't see that Goff held this team back throughout the regular season; thank god McVay is finally seeing it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

McVay is the wunderkind, the offensive genius. He could supposedly work magic with Wolford. How can all those takes be out there (and they are all definitely here) but he can’t adjust what he is doing to better suit the things that Goff does well and limit what he doesn’t?

Sean Peyton has done it with a shell of Drew Brees, he did it for Taysom Hill. Bruce Arians finally gave in and did it for Tom Brady. Stefanski did it for Baker, Taylor was doing it for Burrow, Shanny has done it for all his QBs. At what point does the guy in charge of the offense take ANY responsibility?

I just think Goff and Mcvay are in a rocky situation. And Mcvays playcalling has done Goff no favors. Maybe Goff is inside Goffs head and he hasn’t been able to play his game. But the game he called vs AZ was vastly different than what we’ve got for 15! Games with Goff.: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Ask yourself why a QB who was extremely aggressive in 2017 and 2018 would suddenly turn into a dink and dunk passer. I think you know the answer, but I have a bad feeling that you're going to still say something unreasonable.

Happy feet from getting crushed in 2019 by bad O-line and in turn looking to get rid of the ball as soon as possible; leading to most dink and dunk passes. Why would Sean McVay and Les Snead feel a need to make a move on Brandin Cooks after paying him? Strictly his concussions? If thats true, how did we get a 2nd round pick for someone who's one hit away from retirement?

 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

 

LOL. Did you call around the NFL to come to that conclusion? 

Eric Dickerson was interviewed today stating he spoke to executives about the Rams making a move for Watson. Their response? No one wants Goff or his contract. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Happy feet from getting crushed in 2019 by bad O-line and in turn looking to get rid of the ball as soon as possible; leading to most dink and dunk passes. Why would Sean McVay and Les Snead feel a need to make a move on Brandin Cooks after paying him? Strictly his concussions? If thats true, how did we get a 2nd round pick for someone who's one hit away from retirement?

Bill O'Brien is a moron. It was a gift of a trade. But no, that answer is incorrect. If that were true, why were Goff's depth of target numbers better in 2019?

Quote

Eric Dickerson was interviewed today stating he spoke to executives about the Rams making a move for Watson. Their response? No one wants Goff or his contract. 

Yeah, I don't believe that for a second. Wentz was going to have a market. If we want to trade Goff, he'll have a market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Eric Dickerson was interviewed today stating he spoke to executives about the Rams making a move for Watson. Their response? No one wants Goff or his contract. 

Oh the same guy that wanted Goff benched for Sean freakin Mannion before we went to the Superbowl has inside intel on no one wanting Goff. Please, tell me more. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

A. Keep the defense honest or B. Potentially draw a PI. He was doing neither. He wasn't getting past his second read. 

What!? All you guys keep complaining about are Goffs “bonehead” plays. And now you say he should throw it deep to covered guys just because? 

And this nonsense that he isn’t making reads, and has no football smarts is just flat out lies. Keep saying this stuff to make you feel better to place all the blame onGoff, but it’s just not factual in any way. Yes he makes dumb passes, but it’s usually because he is trying to make a play. When he should likely throw it away or take the 3 yard scramble, or even the sack, because that’s whT good QBs do. But hey, most of you guys would rather watch an inferior player run around a bit because it’s more exciting. Sure let’s make that our offense. 

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Instead of accepting things we don't like, we pivot to making them false or not credible. It's just flat out sad.

A “source close to the situation” and “needs  marriage counseling” is TMZ jargon. It’s literally tabloid talk. You keep taking anonymous whispers as gospel, I’ll stick to the fact that Sean McVay and Les Snead CHOSE to give Goff that contract, they picked him as their guy. But let’s just keep pretending that he was forced upon them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I just think Goff and Mcvay are in a rocky situation. And Mcvays playcalling has done Goff no favors. Maybe Goff is inside Goffs head and he hasn’t been able to play his game. But the game he called vs AZ was vastly different than what we’ve got for 15! Games with Goff.: 

So different that we couldn’t get an offensive TD the entire time Wolford started..people keep talking about how the playcalling suddenly got better with the backup, but we’ve got in the end zone zero times in the last AZ match up. Goff found the end zone multiple times with a broken thumb.....in the playoffs....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, NYRamsFan88 said:

So different that we couldn’t get an offensive TD the entire time Wolford started..people keep talking about how the playcalling suddenly got better with the backup, but we’ve got in the end zone zero times in the last AZ match up. Goff found the end zone multiple times with a broken thumb.....in the playoffs...

 

play calling = opening up the playbook. Deep shots. And I’ve actually used your argument to defend Goff. 
 

But the Akers fumble was flukey as hell.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

What!? All you guys keep complaining about are Goffs “bonehead” plays. And now you say he should throw it deep to covered guys just because? 

And this nonsense that he isn’t making reads, and has no football smarts is just flat out lies. Keep saying this stuff to make you feel better to place all the blame onGoff, but it’s just not factual in any way. Yes he makes dumb passes, but it’s usually because he is trying to make a play. When he should likely throw it away or take the 3 yard scramble, or even the sack, because that’s whT good QBs do. But hey, most of you guys would rather watch an inferior player run around a bit because it’s more exciting. Sure let’s make that our offense. 

A “source close to the situation” and “needs  marriage counseling” is TMZ jargon. It’s literally tabloid talk. You keep taking anonymous whispers as gospel, I’ll stick to the fact that Sean McVay and Les Snead CHOSE to give Goff that contract, they picked him as their guy. But let’s just keep pretending that he was forced upon them. 

They also chose to give a contract to Gurley and Cooks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...