Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as HC

.Buzz

7 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He's also another guy they can bully into making the position coaching and coorindator hires they want.

That's incredibly disingenuous. Pederson's would be hires were all internal promotions of completely unqualified individuals reeking of nepotism.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rich homie said:

All the talk this year about a Colts' coordinator taking a head coach job this year was about Eberflus. Surprising that Sirianni is the guy that leaves but I guess they really want to placate Wentz?

It's not placate so much as salvage.

15 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Also, and this needs to be said, this hiring is obviously all about Wentz. Wentz essentially made this hire, as I have no doubts that Lurie and Roseman purposefully hired this guy because he was one of a few (or maybe the only one) who made it clear he would keep and try to fix Wentz. He's also another guy they can bully into making the position coaching and coorindator hires they want.

Given the "him or me" from Pederson and in light of Roseman and Lurie's comments, the only HC they'd hire is someone who they thought could work with/fix Wentz.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Given the "him or me" from Pederson and in light of Roseman and Lurie's comments, the only HC they'd hire is someone who they thought could work with/fix Wentz.

Clearly Pederson wouldn't... All season Pederson forced Wentz in the pocket and as soon as Jalen comes in then plays are designed for him to roll out which is exactly what Wentz needed. 

Just now, Danger said:

Even with that in mind, Bieniemy is still a RBs guy, as was Duce Staley. In today's NFL, being a run-game oriented individual is going to make it a much steeper slope to climb. 

Definitely.

But that's not what people go at when detracting Bieniemy as an option. 

Not sure Sirianni is some QB whisperer either. He did have a short stint as a QB coach in SD, but that's not how he got where he is I don't think.

16 minutes ago, rich homie said:

All the talk this year about a Colts' coordinator taking a head coach job this year was about Eberflus. Surprising that Sirianni is the guy that leaves but I guess they really want to placate Wentz?

Last year I was sure Sirianni was going to go before Eberflus and then his name never made any potential lists. Then this defense elevated with DeFo and I thought nope Eberflus is gone. Should have stuck to my guns 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Lurie is a businessman looking to maximize his return on an asset- he even said as much when dumping Pederson.
He refers to Wentz as an "asset" and that asset is harder to replace than an HC.

Lurie: “We have an asset and we have a talent.”

I would consider my $100m QB as an asset too lol 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Definitely.

But that's not what people go at when detracting Bieniemy as an option. 

Not sure Sirianni is some QB whisperer either. He did have a short stint as a QB coach in SD, but that's not how he got where he is I don't think.

Frankly I'm just glad it's not McDaniels at this point.

• Like 3