Broncos Free Agency Thread

AnAngryAmerican

40 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Yep, Bouye gone. Now a question of what happens with Casey. Would expect he takes a pay cut or he's gone. Regardless, expecting some activity in FA with the amount of cap space we have.

Good move by Paton and one I think most of us expected. According to Spotrac we now have just under $40m in cap space with a projected NFL cap of $185m, which is in the vicinity of what we're hearing. Casey counts for $11.8m but not zero dead money should we release him. That's a tough decision as could $11.8m be better spent elsewhere? Given his age and injury history it's a risk but, frankly, I wouldn't mind holding onto him for another year, can't have too many good DLs. 

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Good move by Paton and one I think most of us expected. According to Spotrac we now have just under $40m in cap space with a projected NFL cap of $185m, which is in the vicinity of what we're hearing. Casey counts for $11.8m but not zero dead money should we release him. That's a tough decision as could $11.8m be better spent elsewhere? Given his age and injury history it's a risk but, frankly, I wouldn't mind holding onto him for another year, can't have too many good DLs. 

I'm hoping he takes a pay cut to stay. I like Casey and think he'd be a great mentor for our younger players while also being a productive player himself. 

I think it’s almost as easy a decision as Bouye. Casey Is still a good player but his days as a true difference maker are over. Maybe if you can’t work something out with Shelby you can try to work out a restructured deal with Casey that’s more in line with his current level of play. But I’d rather just re-sign Shelby for less and let Dre’Mont take over. 

I think Casey is expendable if Dre'mont is ready for the next level, which several folks are saying.  And then there is Agim who was as a touted draft pick.  We saw what the Bucs did to the Chief, so I imagine there is going to be some copycat there, since we play the Chief twice a year.  

16 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Can Bolles play RT ? How much would a trade for Orlando Brown cost love his game. Probably isn't worth stirring the lineup around but this would solve our RT issues no doubt assuming Bolles could transition.

I think Bolles could but why mess with it. This is a really good Tackle class and I think we can find a quality RT in it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Counselor said:

He probably will cost a pretty penny also to trade for and in contract. Where a guy on a rookie deal could offer better financial value. 

Oh I get that I just like a stout oline I don't think you cut corners there. Him and Bolles would be cornerstones. 

I just wanna address right tackle so bad I mean James is one of the softest players I can recall in a long time. I guess the locker room is also fed up Bolles said he has a lot of work to do to win them back.

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Oh I get that I just like a stout oline I don't think you cut corners there. Him and Bolles would be cornerstones. 

I just wanna address right tackle so bad I mean James is one of the softest players I can recall in a long time. I guess the locker room is also fed up Bolles said he has a lot of work to do to win them back.

You also don’t mess with moving Bolles after the season he finally had. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Counselor said:

You also don’t mess with moving Bolles after the season he finally had. 

I hear that I'd be confident in Munchak either way though. I did read holding calls have been down this year not saying Bolles season was a mirage just thought that was interesting. I guess upgrading two positions has me intrigued but the draft is probably the better avenue I am curious to see who trades for Brown though if Baltimore goes that route.

On 2/10/2021 at 7:48 PM, thebestever6 said:

Can Bolles play RT ? How much would a trade for Orlando Brown cost love his game. Probably isn't worth stirring the lineup around but this would solve our RT issues no doubt assuming Bolles could transition.

He was arguably the best LT in the NFL last year. Why even consider it?

On 2/10/2021 at 8:05 PM, Counselor said:

I think Bolles could but why mess with it. This is a really good Tackle class and I think we can find a quality RT in it.

I'm not sure I've ever seen one this deep. You could make a pretty good case for the top 15-20 having a career in the NFL.

• Like 1