Free agents

WizardHawk

I would expect Dallas to play in tight again. 

Unrestricted

DT Eli Ankou
CB Chidobe Awuzie
TE Blake Bell
WR Noah Brown
DL Tyrone Crawford
QB Andy Dalton
OT Cameron Erving
CB C.J. Goodwin
LS L.P. Ladouceur
LB Sean Lee
CB Jourdan Lewis
C Joe Looney
QB Dak Prescott
LB Justin March
OT Jordan Mills
DE Aldon Smith
LB Joe Thomas
S Xavier Woods

Restricted

OT Greg Senat
WR Malik Turner
WR Cedrick Wilson
DT Antwaun Woods

Exclusive Rights

DE Ron’Dell Carter

Complete list of 2021 Free Agents

Once again, I don't see Dallas making a play on any tier 1 or 2 FAs. Couple of names that stick out. 

Richard Sherman - He is a big fan of Dan Quinn. Won't find a better mentor for Diggs/draft pick  a guy or to help with scheme transition. Spotrac has his market value ay$7m.

Mike Pennel - We've had him on wish list before. Big, run stuffer. We need one. 

Malik Hooker - Major injury concerns, but he'd be a great fit at FS.

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

What would you think about Aaron Rodgers coming to Dallas?

I just read where he believes his future in GB is uncertain.

McCarthy and Rogers together again?

With these receivers and Zeke?

lol. Come on, man. I’m guessing if AR is frustrated in GB, a reunion with MM in Dallas, of all things, is probably about the furthest thing from his mind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

What would you think about Aaron Rodgers coming to Dallas?

I just read where he believes his future in GB is uncertain.

McCarthy and Rogers together again?

With these receivers and Zeke?

Would never happen. From all I’ve heard, the 2 butted heads especially towards the end of McCarthys time in GB

8 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Would never happen. From all I’ve heard, the 2 butted heads especially towards the end of McCarthys time in GB

But they also won ARs only SB.

Besides, who in the he'll believed Tom Brady would be in Tampa this time last year, let alone another SB?

But in the world's of what it's, what would you say?

Aging QB, frustrated in GB, fully stocked offense, wants 1 more 💍.

Sounds tasty.

Edited by Rtnldave

Yeah...Rodgers isn't coming to Dallas. 

On 1/23/2021 at 11:37 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

You could be right, but they have the flexibility to make things happen. I’d really like to see them add a DT and an FS.

You mentioned Pennel and Hooker. Those are solid second tier options. If I were calling the shots, I’m making room for Dalvin Tomlinson and Marcus Maye.

Pennel is some I've hoped we'd add the last time or so he's been a FA. Tomlinson wouldn't be a bad addition. I'd be happy with either of Hooker or Maye. Justin Simmons would be a nice get.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Yeah...Rodgers isn't coming to Dallas. 

Pennel is some I've hoped we'd add the last time or so he's been a FA. Tomlinson wouldn't be a bad addition. I'd be happy with either of Hooker or Maye. Justin Simmons would be a nice get.

Party pooper.

• 2 weeks later...

With the salary cap going down to $180M and Dak’s tag going up to $38M... we can pretty much forget any meaningful FA acquisitions.  Even with $25m rolling over from last year, franchising Dak would put us about $13m over the cap.  Assuming both Amare and tank get restructured, and after after the rookies are signed... we will be left trying to get players on the cheep again.  And if last year is any indication (with the exception of Aldon Smith), we definitely should not get our hopes up to get any help from FA.

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

With the salary cap going down to $180M and Dak’s tag going up to $38M... we can pretty much forget any meaningful FA acquisitions.  Even with $25m rolling over from last year, franchising Dak would put us about $13m over the cap.  Assuming both Amare and tank get restructured, and after after the rookies are signed... we will be left trying to get players on the cheep again.  And if last year is any indication (with the exception of Aldon Smith), we definitely should not get our hopes up to get any help from FA.

Then we can expect to finish 2nd or 3rd in the division again with a top 15 pick for the 2022 NFL Draft.