Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This blows. Looks like another HC where the pre-req for getting a job isn't how good you are, but if you're his buddy. 

Worked out so well for Nolan and the Cowboys this year.

Well trust is a thing too. That being said I don't think fans give MLF enough credit. He's pushed a lot of the right buttons thus far when it comes to dealing with people. He seemed pretty pissed at times with the defense and has a very clear vision of what he's looking for. I don't think he's gonna settle for hiring a buddy for friends sake. A short history for sure, but I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

Well trust is a thing too. That being said I don't think fans give MLF enough credit. He's pushed a lot of the right buttons thus far when it comes to dealing with people. He seemed pretty pissed at times with the defense and has a very clear vision of what he's looking for. I don't think he's gonna settle for hiring a buddy for friends sake. A short history for sure, but I gotta give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise

I'd you hire a guy who coaches the worst defense in NFL history, you're telling me a different story. The guy has had no merits, he got a 2nd chance after Detroit, and was bad and fired again. So the 3rd time will be the charm? Not likely at all.

• Like 2

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I'd you hire a guy who coaches the worst defense in NFL history, you're telling me a different story. The guy has had no merits, he got a 2nd chance after Detroit, and was bad and fired again. So the 3rd time will be the charm? Not likely at all.

Yeah .. that will seemingly be a terrible hire.  If you were going to name the worst DC's of all time there is a pretty good chance that Barry would be pretty high on the list.  4 seasons to make his mark and he couldn't get any higher than 28th in ranking.  That's pathetic.  

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Actually, that title belongs to Capers. 

Google 2007 Lions depth chart. Pretty horrific. 2015 Redskins wasn't much better

Edited by cannondale

11 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Actually, that title belongs to Capers. 

Google 2007 Lions depth chart. Pretty horrific. 2015 Redskins wasn't much better

Lol Capers doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Barry. 8 times Capers has had a top 10 defense. He's done it as a DC of 4 different teams. Twice the #1 defense and twice the #2 defense. Quit with the recency bias crap, Capers is one of the best DCs in NFL history.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol Capers doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Barry. 8 times Capers has had a top 10 defense. He's done it as a DC of 4 different teams. Twice the #1 defense and twice the #2 defense. Quit with the recency bias crap, Capers is one of the best DCs in NFL history.

You are right. I'll never forget that 2011 juggernaut. Hands down the worst defense I have ever witnessed (simply answering a question you proposed). Or the inability to stop a college RPO.  But hey, be as mad as you want. I'm not gonna jump to any conclusions just yet. I'm giving MLF the benefit of the doubt. Same goes with Evero. MLF knows him far better than we do

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Jimmy L is making roughly 1.1 million a year at UW?   Wow.

I heard the Packers low balled him money wise, but it's just hearsay....

I doubt they low-balled him.  They know what he makes and it would just be a slap in the face to offer him the gig and then give him a crappy salary offer.  That would make no sense at all, and is just bad business.