Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

1 minute ago, deltarich87 said:

"went for the experience" ugh. The retread route except this retread doesn't even have prior success to fall back on.

His experience is literally breaking NFL all time worst records, and then going winless lol. Zook and Slocum have ST experience, not sure why we didn't tap into that instead of going for the unknown in Drayton. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Good news for you is this guy's hasn't sniffed the playoffs as a DC so you may not add on to that PTSD.

Plenty of time to torch the guy if he fails next year. The talent he had to work with at Detroit and Washington was abysmal. Huge hire for MLF, and he knows it

Just now, deltarich87 said:

LaFleur hired Mennenga as his first ST coordinator so Barry as his first DC sort of fits the bill

Lafleur wanted Darren Rizzi as his ST coordinator, Packers organization wouldn't give him the money he wanted, so he fell back to Mennenga. Lafleur wanted Leonard as his DC, he decided to stay at the college level and fell back to Barry. His first options were always better than his second options, let's hope that this fallback has better results than the one at ST

3 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

LaFleur hired Mennenga as his first ST coordinator so Barry as his first DC sort of fits the bill

That's what worries me the most. We have no reason to trust MLF as a hire guy yet. The guy consciously chose to hire Mennenga who might be a top 10 bad hire by a coach for a major coordinator position...

I said that I don’t know what would be a good hire. 

But I certainly know that just because this guy didn’t have success running a defense in DETROIT or WASHINGTON that it was a bad hire.  You still need talent to run the D.

There are a lot of things that people outside of the league do not understand, I think hiring of coaches is one of them. 

Edited by Rainmaker90