2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Damn. If Keke doesn't explode and we get two huge surprises in our secondary, that looks like a bottom 10 defense honestly.

? Plug a new CB in there and kick Sully to the slot and that's the exact same defense as last year where we wanted our DC fired after finishing #10 because we had the potential to be so much more.

51 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

? Plug a new CB in there and kick Sully to the slot and that's the exact same defense as last year where we wanted our DC fired after finishing #10 because we had the potential to be so much more.

You're confidence in "Sully" is greater than mine....but at this point I'd almost be okay if we could get King back and try #39 in the slot as you mention. I'm an optimist - so, I can hope for the best in all things.

16 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're confidence in "Sully" is greater than mine....but at this point I'd almost be okay if we could get King back and try #39 in the slot as you mention. I'm an optimist - so, I can hope for the best in all things.

He's not a stud, but we get great value for him, he's much better than a CB who we'll have paid 2.9 million over the last 2 years to. You need guys like that, especially this year with the cap going down.

38 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not a stud, but we get great value for him, he's much better than a CB who we'll have paid 2.9 million over the last 2 years to. You need guys like that, especially this year with the cap going down.

Oh.....I certainly dont think we can ditch the guy....unless you want me in the secondary (cause I think they're running out of options)  :) I'm just not sold on his coverage skills - which gives me pause to think when its CB we're talking about.

What a bad confluence of events....
ARs contract FINALLY hits the league ceiling ... just when the cap deflates like a balloon with a hole in it.

Adding void years changes nothing about what and when a guy got paid.  Does that require the player to still sign off?  Or is it strictly an accounting practice between the team and the league that doesn't need the player's agreement?  

I assume it has to involve player approval?  

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Adding void years changes nothing about what and when a guy got paid.  Does that require the player to still sign off?  Or is it strictly an accounting practice between the team and the league that doesn't need the player's agreement?  

I assume it has to involve player approval?  

Actually, I'm guessing adding "void" years can be done without player approval because it literally does not impact the player at all. Adding void years is simply another way to prorate a signing bonus or other guaranteed money. It's nothing more than an accounting trick to lower a cap hit for the present year. The player has already been paid that money, whether it's on the books for 1 year or 10. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Actually, I'm guessing adding "void" years can be done without player approval because it literally does not impact the player at all. Adding void years is simply another way to prorate a signing bonus or other guaranteed money. It's nothing more than an accounting trick to lower a cap hit for the present year. The player has already been paid that money, whether it's on the books for 1 year or 10. 

It's a change to the terms of the contract, player has to sign off on void years.

The restructures have language built in that allows teams to do it at their leisure, the void years are different and need sign off.

• Like 1

Let's remove Tom Brady from the equation.

Rookie contract.
Rookie contract (plus nobody backup).
Outlier #1 (11.7% of the cap) Peyton Manning.
Rookie contract.
Rookie contract.
Eli Manning.
Uncapped year.
Less than 8% of the cap (Eli Manning)
Free agent addition (Drew Brees 8.7% of the cap)
6.9% of the cap. 
Rookie contract.
Outlier (10.7% of the cap) Peyton Manning

If you want to look at Brady's cap hits, from youngest to oldest:

.5%
4.4%
6.3%

Then there's about a 10 year gap where Brady 9.9, 13.6, 12.6, 11.9, 11...

His highest cap hits (and the highest cap hits in the modern era of football going all the way back to Joe Montana) have been 12.2%. 

12.2% of the cap. 

Not 12.5, not 12.4, not 12.3, 12.2 for the QB with the most Super Bowl experience in Super Bowl history.  The most playoff experience in Super Bowl history.

What are the cap hits for the rest of Aaron's deal here?

20.1%
19.6%
12.6%

And people wonder why I'm upset we took a ****ing QB in the one year on his deal where he gets paid less than 11% of the cap.

From 2013 through 2019, he didn't get paid less than 11% of the cap once.  Not once. 

Got paid as high as 14.9% of the cap, but never under 11% until this past year.

And we ****ing blew it by not making a single Goddamn notable free agent move or trade in-season when it was clear we had the number 1 team in the NFC outside of the Buccaneers, who clearly knew how to curb stomp us.

But it's okay because we added Veldheer and Tramon Williams at the end of the regular season.  And we had Jordan Love as a backup. 

Not only did we screw our best chance with Rodgers, but the longer we keep Rodgers the longer we screw ourselves with Love.

We’ve already lost a year on his rookie contract.  

FOR ****S SAKE THE ONLY REASON WE WON WITH RODGERS IS BECAUSE IT WAS AN UNCAPPED YEAR!

Do you ever just hate things?!?

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Let's remove Tom Brady from the equation.

Rookie contract.
Rookie contract (plus nobody backup).
Outlier #1 (11.7% of the cap) Peyton Manning.
Rookie contract.
Rookie contract.
Eli Manning.
Uncapped year.
Less than 8% of the cap (Eli Manning)
Free agent addition (Drew Brees 8.7% of the cap)
6.9% of the cap. 
Rookie contract.
Outlier (10.7% of the cap) Peyton Manning

If you want to look at Brady's cap hits, from youngest to oldest:

.5%
4.4%
6.3%

Then there's about a 10 year gap where Brady 9.9, 13.6, 12.6, 11.9, 11...

His highest cap hits (and the highest cap hits in the modern era of football going all the way back to Joe Montana) have been 12.2%. 

12.2% of the cap. 

Not 12.5, not 12.4, not 12.3, 12.2 for the QB with the most Super Bowl experience in Super Bowl history.  The most playoff experience in Super Bowl history.

What are the cap hits for the rest of Aaron's deal here?

20.1%
19.6%
12.6%

And people wonder why I'm upset we took a ****ing QB in the one year on his deal where he gets paid less than 11% of the cap.

From 2013 through 2019, he didn't get paid less than 11% of the cap once.  Not once. 

Got paid as high as 14.9% of the cap, but never under 11% until this past year.

And we ****ing blew it by not making a single Goddamn notable free agent move or trade in-season when it was clear we had the number 1 team in the NFC outside of the Buccaneers, who clearly knew how to curb stomp us.

But it's okay because we added Veldheer and Tramon Williams at the end of the regular season.  And we had Jordan Love as a backup. 

How do you know what Rodgers cap hit is in years that we don't have a cap yet??

NFL just signed a 10 billion dollar annual TV deal, players are guaranteed 48% of that. The cap is going to explode here soon.