2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I see we're back to overreacting about Pettine hanging him out to dry against a guy who ran in the 4.3s.

I mean there's no reason to overreact in either direction. We need King to play at the 2019 level. Last year, he was not good and it wasn't just the NFCCG. He wasn't good. But, as a guy who doesn't really like King, I'll be the first to say I think his groin/back injuries were really bothering him. Neither injury is ideal for a CB. 

In 2019, King was healthy. We need that version of him. If King keeps popping up on the injury report in 2021 like he did in 2020, I expect similar results. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Three considerations: (1) In a CB hungry league, no other team made an offer. (2) The packers only gave him a one year contract. (3) He's injured an awful lot.

All that makes it look like a stop gap signing with a high draft choice at CB coming up.

And there's nothing wrong with that path

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

You wanna play opposite Jaire ? Not a fun gig

no pal i'm 5'8 and get winded playing to 11 in pick up bball, but playing next to a great corner doesn't mean anything... you're getting more balls thrown your way, yeah. 0 picks to show for being victim of playing next to a corner worth a ****. gets picked on almost every game. he's just not a starting caliber corner. 

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

King back is a sensible move.

Did they need to sign him to this deal before breeland, Hayward, sherman, Bouye and Malcom Butler found their home?

Is he better than them?  Personally I don't think so, but he is younger.

I know it wasn't THAT long ago that they drafted him but I was still surprised to see that he's only 25.

I just hope this isn't "the move" of the off-season. The Packers are still a worse team now than they were in January. I hope all this talk about a big move with 12's contract comes to fruition and Gute gets aggressive in this secondary FA market before and after the draft to address some other positions on both defense and offense. 

As of right now, Gute hasn't done anything to actually improve this roster. There's still time to change that. 

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Because if that play at the end of the half never happens, there's not a line of people wanting to dump King.

As bad as that was disagree.  He really did not play well last season.  That one play is probably why we were able to retain him though.  The Packers must believe he can regain his form.  Medicals.  Go back to that think he was playing though injury most of the season.  Oh yah the Pack will be taking a CB possibly 2 in the draft.  Bumped down the needs list to #3 behind IDL and OT.