2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Thought this was a possiblity.  Soft market for King.  Not bad for either side just about right.  Would have rather coughed up an extra 3 mil for Fuller but hey money is tight.  Hopefully King will play better next year and stay healthy.

Big time hope.

packer fans insisting "he just had a bad game" or "if pettine didn't **** him on the hail mary" is absolutely bananas lol. what games are everyone watching that we wanna act like he's a good 2nd corner. i mean it's whatever 6m isn't even really good 2nd corner money, but still. 

On 3/17/2021 at 12:37 PM, Lodestar said:

The Kevin King situation is giving me some 2016 Nick Perry vibes. High pick, largely disappointing on his rookie deal, signed a 1 year, $5M deal to return to the Packers, and then of course had a career year and got paid. Wouldn't shock me if King tries something similar.

AS I WAS SAYING.

Just now, FinneasGage said:

packer fans insisting "he just had a bad game" or "if pettine didn't **** him on the hail mary" is absolutely bananas lol. what games are everyone watching that we wanna act like he's a good 2nd corner. i mean it's whatever 6m isn't even really good 2nd corner money, but still. 

He’s an average to good corner that’s still young enough to actually get better. Better than starting a rookie. 

• Like 1

I don't know what the roster rules will be, but with (2) #4s and (2) #5s - now would be a good year to hit the jackpot. I think the norm would be not to exercise 10 picks, but I wonder if this is a year that you do

Edited by cannondale

29 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Big time hope.

A perspective......

We got to the NFCCG with King playing in 11 games. True - he promptly had the worst game of his career - but still, we got there. Let's chalk that up to a learning curve.....

This signing at least keeps us even at the start and allows us to tread water as we bulk up the position a bit. I wasnt seeing his replacement on the roster. Would some outside guy be better? At what cost? A subjective matter.

Edited by Leader

12 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Old Chinese proverb: Improvement come from within

You know this already but....
1. Keeping the band together is the biggest way a team improves.
2. Drafting well gets you the new blood that pushes the team forward
3. FA signings are just eye candy for the masses

Yea, it’s not like players are unchanging robots. Players can- and do- develop. 

It’s also wrong to just blindly assume all the other teams are retaining all their own FA’s AND signing “outside” FA’s at the same time. Or that they even have the same number of their own FA’s that are worth retaining to begin with. People only look at half the picture. Some of the “wheelers-and-dealers” are losing just as much as they are gaining, or losing more than they are gaining.

• Like 1

I guess we are supposed to commend teams because they whiffed on their 1st rounder 5yr ago instead of getting a Kenny Clark. Or because they never found an elite-enough player like D.Bak who can merit a 3rd contract. Or because they struck-out on the draft 4yr ago. 

Teams like that will be able to sign all sorts of “outside” FA’s and get all sorts of accolades from websites purporting to “grade” teams in free agency and rank their performance. 

but I’m over here wondering how you can grade a team badly who signed 3 pro-bowlers? And not even mention those signings. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

But he didn't play #2 corner. He played left side. If we treat him like a #2 and give him help and act like JA is a #1 theres hope. kings not a scrub. Hes just not good.