The Orlando Brown Situation

coordinator0

On 2/25/2021 at 6:38 PM, diamondbull424 said:

There’s absolutely no way Brown Jr goes for anything less than a package nearing two 1st round picks.

On 2/25/2021 at 11:20 PM, diamondbull424 said:

I’ll say this, the day that Chad Ford deal comes to fruition, is the last day I’m a Ravens fan until Eric DeCoata is no longer GM.

Hey, quick question. I just ran the trade value on the trade that happened and it comes out to under the equivalent of the Jags 2nd rounder for him. Seeing as you said you would quit being a fan of the team if they took a deal that was as low as the Jaguars 2nd + 3rd (sub-700 points), and they ended up taking a deal that was less than just one of those two picks (454 points), which team are you a fan of now?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

also shoutout @wackywabbitfor nailing this haha

Thanks, I need the attention. 

Seriously though... I expected like a late first round value in a trade, so it's not great return for us. However, I do think Decosta, moreso than the popular opinion, does not see the 2nd -> 3rd and 4th swap as a loss of value.

This is the draft to show you are better than the league, with the lack of data available to everyone. This is really a key draft for him.... even though we know it is more complicated.... Orlando Brown Jr was an "Ozzie pick"... Decosta got rid of him for the players he's going to take with those picks. Ozzie's last draft was amazing and you can't really say that there is a "star" so far in Decosta's fist 2. I have faith in Decosta, but narrative-wise, this draft is REALLY important for him.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Thanks, I need the attention. 

Seriously though... I expected like a late first round value in a trade, so it's not great return for us. However, I do think Decosta, moreso than the popular opinion, does not see the 2nd -> 3rd and 4th swap as a loss of value.

This is the draft to show you are better than the league, with the lack of data available to everyone. This is really a key draft for him.... even though we know it is more complicated.... Orlando Brown Jr was an "Ozzie pick"... Decosta got rid of him for the players he's going to take with those picks. Ozzie's last draft was amazing and you can't really say that there is a "star" so far in Decosta's fist 2. I have faith in Decosta, but narrative-wise, this draft is REALLY important for him.

Agreed on all accounts. We will certainly find out about EDC one way or the other come next weekend and how those picks pan out. I’m excited to see it play out!

11 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hey, quick question. I just ran the trade value on the trade that happened and it comes out to just under the equivalent of the Jags 2nd rounder for him. Seeing as you said you would quit being a fan of the team if they took a deal that was as low as the Jaguars 2nd + 3rd, and they ended up taking a deal that was less than just one of those two picks, which team are you a fan of now?

Did you really go hunting for a 2 month old post to try for a 'Gotcha'/'I told you so'?.... 😂😂

Even our own forum members that clashed with DB on the subject didn't do that. Should tell you something. Also, it's really not a celebratory occasion for your fandom. YOU didn't get the player or the picks. Two of the AFC's actual top contenders did. Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Did you really go hunting for a 2 month old post to try for a 'Gotcha'/'I told you so'?.... 😂😂

Even our own forum members that clashed with DB on the subject didn't do that. Should tell you something. Also, it's really not a celebratory occasion for your fandom. YOU didn't get the player or the picks. Two of the AFC's actual top contenders did. Enjoy.

Who's celebrating? I just want to know which team he's going to root for now.

I told ya so posts are fine. I still get warm fuzzies thinking about when Jackson replaced 4-5 Flacco. I said it would save our season and we’d make playoffs.  Paraven just replied ‘LOL’. Had fun bringing that one back around: Ahhh good times.

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Hey, quick question. I just ran the trade value on the trade that happened and it comes out to under the equivalent of the Jags 2nd rounder for him. Seeing as you said you would quit being a fan of the team if they took a deal that was as low as the Jaguars 2nd + 3rd (sub-700 points), and they ended up taking a deal that was less than just one of those two picks (454 points), which team are you a fan of now?

Imagine being a fan of the Jags and coming into another forum thinking you can dunk on a poster when your team is a constant laughingstock. 

REMOVED

12 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I told ya so posts are fine. I still get warm fuzzies thinking about when Jackson replaced 4-5 Flacco. I said it would save our season and we’d make playoffs.  Paraven just replied ‘LOL’. Had fun bringing that one back around: Ahhh good times.

haha @paraven thoughts on the OBJ trade??

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Not the Jags...

Beyond that. I’ve decided prior to this deal that it’s no use wasting as much of my time on the Ravens and this website in general. Hence my declining post count.

So you and the other Jags fans can go circle jerk each other’s posts to your heart’s content.

Hopefully that answers your question?