Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford?

notthatbluestuff

Matt Ryan. He is a former MVP and had his team up big in the Superbowl before Kyle decided to not run the ball and the Falcons eventually lost to Belichick/Brady and the Pats. Now its unfair to think Stafford as a lesser QB because we havent seen him with a Kyle or a McVay type coach. When he had a decent to good coach in Caldwell the Lions did win 9-11 games. But Ill take Ryan because I saw what he can do with a legit offensive mind. 

27 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Matt Ryan. Watch him tear the league up again with a different OC.

You already know my answer as a Falcon fan on this lol.  Now with that said Arthur Smith's scheme is a ton like Shanny's in it being a wide zone scheme with tons of motion and multiple plays coming out of the same formation look.  Thats literally what made ryan a MVP is that same exact type of scheme so if anyone is going to get him back to where he was it would be a scheme like Smiths without getting Shanny back. 

Now with that said i seen Stafford got 2 1st's a 3rd and Goff.   What kind of goodies could we get from Ryan ya think if we traded and took a QB at 4 if he's better than stafford like people on here are saying lol.

Edited by FalconFan13

4 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

You already know my answer as a Falcon fan on this lol.  Now with that said Arthur Smith's scheme is a ton like Shanny's in it being a wide zone scheme with tons of motion and multiple plays coming out of the same formation look.  Thats literally what made ryan a MVP is that same exact type of scheme so if anyone is going to get him back to where he was it would be a scheme like Smiths without getting Shanny back. 

Now with that said i seen Stafford got 2 1st's a 3rd and Goff.   What kind of goodies could we get from Ryan ya think if we traded and took a QB at 4 if he's better than stafford like people on here are saying lol.

I keep tellin people.. the two years Ryan had a great OC: 2016, and 2018, he tore the league apart both years. Mahomes would look average with Dirk Koetter, no doubt in my mind.

11 hours ago, FalconFan13 said:

To be clear, I think Ryan is the better player, and the Colts, Patriots, and Niners would be crazy to not at least call and kick the tires on seeing if the Falcons would be open to hearing offers.

Bear in mind though, the Lions had to take Goff, and Stafford is 3 years younger. That’s why the compensation was as good as it was. I’d probably still offer a couple of 1sts for him if I felt like I was a QB away, but I don’t know that I’d go much higher than that.

This is difficult.  Not that I don't think Matt Ryan is a good QB because he clearly is, but I'm not convinced that if you didn't switch their teams, Stafford wouldn't have been able to have the same success and productivity (heck, even as of now, it isn't like their numbers are that much different).  Stafford has had weapons, but they pale in comparison to what Ryan has had throughout his career.

If I had to choose, I would say Matt Ryan because he's been a little more consistent throughout his career.  But I don't think there is a wrong answer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archimedes said:

To be clear, I think Ryan is the better player, and the Colts, Patriots, and Niners would be crazy to not at least call and kick the tires on seeing if the Falcons would be open to hearing offers.

Bear in mind though, the Lions had to take Goff, and Stafford is 3 years younger. That’s why the compensation was as good as it was. I’d probably still offer a couple of 1sts for him if I felt like I was a QB away, but I don’t know that I’d go much higher than that.

Dude a couple of 1st's isn't a bad offer at all considering if you go to the Falcons board half the Falcon fans are arguing we might not could get a 2nd for him lol.   I don't want to move on from Ryan yet but i feel if the right QB fell to us and we were offered a couple of 1st's im thinking extremely hard about that.

• Like 1

Stafford. We’ve never seen Stafford with an elite offensive mind, we’ve seen Ryan with one. Now Stafford has his chance with one. What’s more he’s younger and Ryan’s arm talent was never great and he’s getting older. It’s close enough, but I feel confident going with the younger QB who has better traits and an elite offensive mind to guide those traits over Ryan in a similar circumstance... which both are sort of in at this stage.