Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff, multiple FRPs

TheRealMcCoy

Just now, thebestever6 said:

Why don't gms like Snead get held accountable? The amount spent to trade up for Goff, the big contract, and then the ammount spent to unload Goff.

Stafford is an upgrade no doubt but so many things can go wrong for this trade too look terrible.

There's a large segment of Rams fans that will not hold McVay or Snead accountable everything is Jared's fault. 

1 minute ago, NVRamsFan said:

There's a large segment of Rams fans that will not hold McVay or Snead accountable everything is Jared's fault. 

But Snead invested in Goff and invested to get rid of Goff how many GMs survive that? I feel like the Rams keep kicking the can down the road.

I personally think it's because Mcvay doesn't want to coach a long time there were talks of I recall of him going to broadcast. It's a tough burn you out job being a head coach.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I think the best option is to stop trying. It spares you from the awkwardness of realizing that the other person isn't struggling to understand what you're saying. Rather, the other person simply doesn't treat your opinion as if it's the gospel and is capable of making his own calls. I hope that advice helped.

I wasn’t talking about you and I. I meant in the McVay/Goff situation

McVay kept teaching over and over again and repeated himself to Goff. And if Goff wasn’t understanding then McVay had to move on because McVay wasn’t seeing the desired results 

3 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Snead is for sure accountable in this as he has been paying guys early before McVay. (Ogletree and Austin) 

he also rectified some of his mistakes by drafting Cam Akers and Van Jefferson. 

let’s see if the Stafford deal pans out and if it does then he’d rectify that as well. But he needs to stop paying guys early 

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Check your work. If you use the words above in bold then revise it.

• No QB can play in the NFL without reading defenses.
  • Are some better at recognizing exotic disguises on 5 or 6 plays a game?  sure
  • Brady and Manning were 2 of the few who got master level at it.
    • Manning sure as heck was not a master after 66 starts 
      • 6 pick 6s in year 4 and 23 picks in total in a 6-10 year.
      • Goff is at start number 74
  • If blitzes did not work because everyone easily read them every time then teams would blitz a lot less.

The entire point of football playcalling is tricking the other team into not knowing what you are doing.

If you use the words above in red you are into some serious next level conspiracy theory,

This in blue is some Jimmy the Greek level garbage.

What did Goff do to you to cause so much anger?

Lol anger? Sure thing buddy. Move along 

7 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

It would make sense.

The massive extension doesn't quite fit with the narrative coming from LA.

More likely they're just being impatient.

His contact extension is through 2023 the first round picks take 3 years to develop they gave 2022 and 2023 first round picks to Detroit it still makes sense to me.

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

But Snead invested in Goff and invested to get rid of Goff how many GMs survive that? I feel like the Rams keep kicking the can down the road.

I personally think it's because Mcvay doesn't want to coach a long time there were talks of I recall of him going to broadcast. It's a tough burn you out job being a head coach.

This is a great point. This is something I’ve thought of as well. He’s gonna get burnt out and losing coaches every year only adds to the stress and work load 

• Like 1

Just now, rocky_rams said:

This is a great point. This is something I’ve thought of as well. He’s gonna get burnt out and losing coaches every year only adds to the stress and work load 

Broadcast money is way less stressful and if he won a ring networks would be clamoring over him more than they already would be.

I don't envision of him being a bill B lifer. 

• Like 1

Just now, thebestever6 said:

His contact extension is through 2023 the first round picks take 3 years to develop they gave 2022 and 2023 first round picks to Detroit it still makes sense to me.

I meant Goff's.

King reported that McVay pounded the table for Goff's extension to be done at the same time as his.

Why do that if you think he's that limited?

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I meant Goff's.

King reported that McVay pounded the table for Goff's extension to be done at the same time as his.

I think they had a falling out it's bigger than him being limited. 

I blame Mcvay people been saying for years Goff has been coddled. If he were smart he'd out him through some tests in the regular season to see if he's the guy long term.

He was in Goff's ear up until 15 seconds on the play clock reading the defenses. I'm not shocked.

Plus I don't know Mcvays reasoning for the pounding of the table I know the qb market kept being reset. Maybe cap relief.

I find it odd it happened after the Superbowl after patriots used Fsngios scheme and exposed him if looked like.

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Does anyone truly believe that Stafford was largely responsible for the Lions' struggles, while Goff was largely responsible for the Rams' successes?

If so, do you also believe that the Lions will have a better record than the Rams in 2021?

Stranger things have happened. I personally think the NFC west is the toughest division in football while the NFC north outside of green bay is very meh. Lot of dominos to fall before we predict schedule 

9 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I meant Goff's.

They should’ve waited another year but wanted to get out in front of the Wentz deal.  It didn’t really come back to bite them too bad.

15 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Does anyone truly believe that Stafford was largely responsible for the Lions' struggles, while Goff was largely responsible for the Rams' successes?

If so, do you also believe that the Lions will have a better record than the Rams in 2021?

The question isn't if Stafford was responsible for the Lions' struggles or if Goff was solely responsible for the Rams' wins. The question is if Stafford elevates his team and, if so, how much he elevates it. The Rams went 42-20 over the past four years with Goff. They can win with Goff. So you're not trading for Stafford because you need a guy who can win. You're trading for Stafford to win a Super Bowl. I don't think Stafford is the sort of guy who elevates the Rams in that way.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think they had a falling out it's bigger than him being limited. 

I blame Mcvay people been saying for years Goff has been coddled. If he were smart he'd out him through some tests in the regular season to see if he's the guy long term.

He was in Goff's ear up until 15 seconds on the play clock reading the defenses. I'm not shocked.

Plus I don't know Mcvays reasoning for the pounding of the table I know the qb market kept being reset. Maybe cap relief.

I find it odd it happened after the Superbowl after patriots used Fsngios scheme and exposed him if looked like.

Kyle Shanahan does the same thing. I bet other play-callers do it too. Why wouldn't you use that advantage?

35 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

I wasn’t talking about you and I. I meant in the McVay/Goff situation

McVay kept teaching over and over again and repeated himself to Goff. And if Goff wasn’t understanding then McVay had to move on because McVay wasn’t seeing the desired results 

My bad. I don't doubt that's how McVay feels. But that's part of the problem. That also plagued his mentor, Jon Gruden, and is a big reason he ended up getting fired in Tampa Bay imo. With young QBs, especially pocket passers, it takes time and patience. Goff can understand and then still not execute it perfectly as consistently as McVay wants. It doesn't mean he's not trying. It doesn't mean he's not capable. It means he's young, needs time, and needs experience.

• Like 1