2021 Raider Depth Chart

Humble_Beast

On 3/13/2021 at 6:11 AM, Totty said:

Personally... Yeah.  Remember how it went when Mullen stepped up?  Conley out.  Get in there kid. 

Conley being a bust is really something. People thought he was a top 10 pick that slid because of the pre-draft stuff. Traded for a 3rd and currently not on a roster. Really didn't see him being that awful.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Conley being a bust is really something. People thought he was a top 10 pick that slid because of the pre-draft stuff. Traded for a 3rd and currently not on a roster. Really didn't see him being that awful.

Just goes to show how much the draft is a lottery. Better managed teams are able to have success by having more hits and fewer busts - but there is also a massive element of luck. 

12 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Just goes to show how much the draft is a lottery. Better managed teams are able to have success by having more hits and fewer busts - but there is also a massive element of luck. 

Certainly. Aside from QBs who are valued on a different scale, the guys after the top 10 vary so much. Some teams can have a round 1 grade on a guy another team might have a round 3 grade on. It's a total crapshoot.

The teams that seem to excel in the draft are consistent. They have their system and no how player develop in it. 

Draft picks are overrated. Fans love them because of the pageantry that the draft has become. But I'd trade any pick outside the top 10 for a proven player personally. The Rams formula lol.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Draft picks are overrated. Fans love them because of the pageantry that the draft has become. But I'd trade any pick outside the top 10 for a proven player personally. The Rams formula lol.

The Rams without Aaron Donald (13th pick), are a completely different team though. 

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

The Rams without Aaron Donald (13th pick), are a completely different team though. 

Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey are the Rams' defense.  You can put 9 scrubs with them and they'd still be in the upper half of defenses.  Donald makes every player on the DL look so much better than they actually are.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 4:13 PM, Humble_Beast said:
QB Carr Mariota Peterman Sloter
RB Jacobs Drake Richard Riddick
FB Ingold      
WR Ruggs Edwards Ateman  
WR Brown Jones Quinn  
Slot Renfrow Snead    
TE Waller Moreau Carrier Bowers
LT Miller Jones-Smith    
LG Richie Simpson    
C James Martin Magnuson  
RG Good Cotton    
RT Parker Seymour    
DE Ferell Key Dickerson  
UT Jefferson Thomas Hurst Vickers
NT Hankins Irving Philon Scott
DE Crosby Nassib G Green  
WLB Littleton Morrow    
MLB Kwiatkoski White Bilal  
SLB Yannick Muse Onwualu  
CB Mullen Johnson    
CB Arnette Nixon    
Slot Lawson Robertson Siverand  
FS Joseph Heath    
SS Abram R Gaulden Leavitt  
K Carlson Eberle

Offseason will be here before you know it, here is a look at the roster before free agency/draft. This thread is dedicated to giving fans a chance to overlook the the roster with all the upcoming moves *Guys in silver, can be upgraded as starters. 

*silver= players who could be upgraded

*red= players  added in free agency

updated: looking good 

On 3/30/2021 at 7:36 AM, big_palooka said:

Certainly. Aside from QBs who are valued on a different scale, the guys after the top 10 vary so much. Some teams can have a round 1 grade on a guy another team might have a round 3 grade on. It's a total crapshoot.

The teams that seem to excel in the draft are consistent. They have their system and no how player develop in it. 

I'm surprised we didn't throw a draft pick the way of a Washington for Johnathan Allen for example. No way they can pay all of those defensive lineman.

On 3/30/2021 at 3:42 AM, big_palooka said:

Abram nearly breaking his neck ruined his career with us.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:36 AM, big_palooka said:

Agreed, 100%. In the NFL general forum someone was trying to argue with me that the Panthers massively overpaid for Darnold by trading away a future 2nd round pick. But I asked him, how often do teams find potential starting QB's in the 2nd round? Rhule has to show progress soon or he likely won't be around very long and they only have a two year commitment to Darnold. If he doesn't play well they can always draft a quarterback next year and let him walk in free agency. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 3:42 AM, big_palooka said:

I feel like there is something going on with his drive and character

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I feel like there is something going on with his drive and character

It's an Urban Meyer thing. 

Seems like his Florida and Ohio St guys largely made a habit out of character issues and underachievement. 

When you loom at the list of busts and off-field issues, it's stunning. The good things have been pretty good, but the bad things always wind up next level bad.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed, 100%. In the NFL general forum someone was trying to argue with me that the Panthers massively overpaid for Darnold by trading away a future 2nd round pick. But I asked him, how often do teams find potential starting QB's in the 2nd round? Rhule has to show progress soon or he likely won't be around very long and they only have a two year commitment to Darnold. If he doesn't play well they can always draft a quarterback next year and let him walk in free agency. 

It's subjective to a degree. I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a massive overpay on it's face. 

Now, that being said, I wouldn't have traded a 2035 7th rounder for him because I think he's a bad player who could've easily been nabbed via FA with very few options offering him any real chance to reclaim his "potential". 

For those who like him, it's not a bad price at all. Potentially a great price. 

For those who think he's a bad and broken QB, it's a a bit steep.

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now, that being said, I wouldn't have traded a 2035 7th rounder for him because I think he's a bad player who could've easily been nabbed via FA with very few options offering him any real chance to reclaim his "potential". 

For those who like him, it's not a bad price at all. Potentially a great price. 

For those who think he's a bad and broken QB, it's a a bit steep.

How could he have been nabbed via free agency? He was under contract with the Jets next season. Matt Rhule has to show progress this year or he will be on the hot seat soon. 

The Colts gave up significantly more for Carson Wentz and the Dolphins gave up just as much for Josh Rosen. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

How could he have been nabbed via free agency? He was under contract with the Jets next season. Matt Rhule has to show progress this year or he will be on the hot seat soon. 

The Colts gave up significantly more for Carson Wentz and the Dolphins gave up just as much for Josh Rosen. 

I'm working with the assumption he would have inevitably asked for/tried to force his release, so I'm only giving an opinion. I think the chances of him staying with the Jets as a backup for 2021 were slim to none at the end of the day. 

Wentz flamed out and I think the Colts got suckered personally. Though, unlike Rhule, Reich has a bit of a history with Wentz, so I can see them gunning for him. As for Rosen, that whole bit was just wild and I don't think indicative of a norm. 

But like I said, for Darnold believers, it's a potential steal. For those who don't believe in Darnold, it's a steep price. I get both camps. I wouldn't have given up that much for him no matter what, because I think Bridgewater is a better QB and would've banked on hin in year 2 while maybe angling to draft a guy. I say this because I think Darnold is a finished product who is who he is. I don't look at him and see upside and never did in the first place. On the flip side, there are people who think he just got a raw deal with the Jets and has untapped potential still remaining. Based on what, I do not know because I never saw it to begin with. But some do. And for them, they have a chance at saying "I told you so" if he pans out. 

Not everyone has to be happy with the trade or applaud it just because he was a former 1st round pick or some people are enamored with him. For those who think he's a great reclamation project, more power to you. For those who think he's another Josh Rosen, I can understand the groaning. That's what happens in a world where nothing is certain until it is.