2021 off-season discussion

BStanRamFan

7 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Not sure how plugged in Michael Lombardi is with the Rams, maybe more so ATL. However, Rams were willing to move Woods for a 3rd Round pick to make room for Julio. The trade for Woods never materialized and they backed off. I knew the 2nd +4th wasn't too rich for our blood.

I agree that the Jones price isn't too much but I find it hard to believe we wouldn't have gotten a 3rd for Woods. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Reports are he’s retiring due to a chronic ankle injury. He also wasn’t good last year. Not sure I’d get excited about a 30 year old OL with chronic ankle problems.

Ahh. Was unaware of the ankle. He’s always been a very good guard. 

Jets signed OT Morgan Moses to a one-year, $3.6 million contract.

Moses, who started every game for Washington since 2015 prior to being (surprisingly) released in May, is fresh off a strong year as Pro Football Focus’ No. 6-graded run blocking tackle

Well i hope Snead and Mcvay are right about their level confidence in this OL...otherwise it will be a crime to not improve this line with experience and cheap player

From what I'm reading on Twitter, we should be getting alternate jersey updates within the next 48 hours.

The growing belief is that it would be an all yellow jersey, but there are talks it may be the white throwbacks we won the superbowl in. Excited to see what they come out with. It will be what I buy my Stafford jersey in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

From what I'm reading on Twitter, we should be getting alternate jersey updates within the next 48 hours.

The growing belief is that it would be an all yellow jersey, but there are talks it may be the white throwbacks we won the superbowl in. Excited to see what they come out with. It will be what I buy my Stafford jersey in. 

I'd bet on yellow. The white throwbacks were won in STL. Which is part of the history but I can't imagine they will market the uniforms as that. 

Other than that Baltimore game, the yellows have had a pretty good track record for primetime games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I'd bet on yellow. The white throwbacks were won in STL. Which is part of the history but I can't imagine they will market the uniforms as that. 

Other than that Baltimore game, the yellows have had a pretty good track record for primetime games.

The White's with Yellow sleeves were a big win in STL, but they're synonymous with the times in LA as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The White's with Yellow sleeves were a big win in STL, but they're synonymous with the times in LA as well. 

Agree. I just assumed by your post you meant they were being chosen due to the SB jerseys. I think they could be nice as long as they don't market it that way and focus on the 70/80s. Though, that is very similar to bone and sol combo which I think we already have. Though my recollection is that was the Jets game so maybe we want to burn that combo.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 7:04 AM, BStanRamFan said:

Two key points to take away from Whit's statements:

• This is his last year. (we could of assumed this)
  • The Uni's releasing this year will resemble the 1950's style with Yellow top and white pants. 

The retirement should not be shocking to anyone. But the uniform comment (to me) doesn’t necessarily indicate that they’ll be all yellow. He could be referring to the yellow sleeves where the yellow color is still pronounced but obviously not whole thing. Either way, excited to see what they come out with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We got whites with yellow sleeves ladies and gentleman!

Looks like it's just a custom jersey the place made for the signing. At least that's what they are saying, but could just be a cover up since it got leaked (ie no our draft hat is COMPLETELY different). 

On 7/6/2021 at 8:34 PM, JonStark said:

Looks like it's just a custom jersey the place made for the signing. At least that's what they are saying, but could just be a cover up since it got leaked (ie no our draft hat is COMPLETELY different). 

Guess I was wrong. If they are legit, it's a little anticlimactic but I like it. 

• Like 1