Everything Free Agency 2021 - Rumors, news and notes

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, Forge said:

KC with Trent and Thuney? Oh my. 

49ers will need to cut bait at some point...go sign Hudson and Reiff and hope that having competent players everywhere is better than having a great player on the edge and a below average player in the middle. 

"KC with Trent and Thuney? Oh my. "

great, if they can do it.

that would be the best left side of an OL in football. blind side covered. running game revitalized.

but.... $$$$$$$ 🤭

Edited by Split the Sticks

53 minutes ago, Forge said:

and that my friends is your starting QB until 2023 at the soonest which means that #4 is likely up for grabs or a player like Sewell, Parsons, one of the top 2 CB's, or maybe Pitts or one of the WR's.  Would think a weapon would be last on that list so Pitts and WR are the least likely choices but ya never know.   Still think trade down is the main move they want to do.   Highly unlikely they take a QB now after this i would think.

• Like 3

Just now, FalconFan13 said:

and that my friends is your starting QB until 2023 at the soonest which means that #4 is likely up for grabs or a player like Sewell, Parsons, one of the top 2 CB's, or maybe Pitts or one of the WR's.  Would think a weapon would be last on that list so Pitts and WR are the least likely choices but ya never know.   Still think trade down is the main move they want to do.   Highly unlikely they take a QB now after this i would think.

I said the same thing. I posted it in the draft forum and 9er forum as well. I don't see how they are going QB with that going on. 

11 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

that would be the best left side of an OL in football. blind side covered. running game revitalized.

but.... $$$$$$$ 🤭

Trent would have to take a one year deal I think. They can make it work but not very much past one year 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I said the same thing. I posted it in the draft forum and 9er forum as well. I don't see how they are going QB with that going on. 

Which im honestly fine with even with Koetter's sorry but Ryan was right at a top 10 QB.  In a better system that suits him and better coordinator like Smith i can see ryan holding around a top 5 to 6 QB again and being more than enough to win us alot of games.  He isn't done by any means and he will age well based on his playing style.   We have alot of needs and QB to me didn't really have to be another one of them when you got a more than capable really good one already.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Glad you're falling on that grenade and not the niners...though I think understand it far more for the Jags as well as he can be a primary option

Much prefer Curtis Samuel or Golladay, but besides Chark we don't have a real bonafide option. Shenault flashed a lot, but after that the room is eh.

Will likely excel going from what Big Ben has been to Trevor. Hope we see the Juju of a couple years ago.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Much prefer Curtis Samuel or Golladay, but besides Chark we don't have a real bonafide option. Shenault flashed a lot, but after that the room is eh.

Will likely excel going from what Big Ben has been to Trevor. Hope we see the Juju of a couple years ago.

I would prefer those two as well, but honestly, I think you could have some overlap with Samuel and Shenault if everyone is being used correctly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I would prefer those two as well, but honestly, I think you could have some overlap with Samuel and Shenault if everyone is being used correctly. 

Apparently it's Marvin Jones rather than any of those 3.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Apparently it's Marvin Jones rather than any of those 3.

I love me some Marvin, not going to lie. Longer in the tooth...but I don't know that this knocks you out of JJSS either. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

It still blows my mind that it took the Panthers 4 years to finally use Curtis Samuel the way he was always meant to be used.

He was a RB/WR hybrid at Ohio State and the Panthers pigeonholed him into being a traditional WR for 3 years, Rhule shows up and used him exactly like Urban used him in college and whatdoyaknow, hes a beast now. Shocker.

1 hour ago, Split the Sticks said:

but.... $$$$$$$ 🤭

David Bahktiari and Elgton Jenkins may have something to say about that.