No Theme Mafia - It's now Night Four - Submit moves.

Dome

44 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TK3 has now thrice “passively” defended Gopher by pushing Squire because of “his day 1 meta”, half heartedly pushing Daniel so that we could have two options because it’s “best for town to have two options”, and now me because we should “see what happens”. 

🤨

Are you suggesting we just vote and hammer gopher right away and let a bunch of people get off easy without doing or saying anything?

Gopher can go, its just stupid that people are choosing a no vote right now and probably the scummiest thing I've seen all thread

The only positive to just finishing gopher now is that a couple players will have 1 strike against them as far as their modkill count

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Are you suggesting we just vote and hammer gopher right away and let a bunch of people get off easy without doing or saying anything?

Not at all. I'm saying that your evolving rationale as to who you decide your 2nd push should be (and by inception, ours as Good Guys) is at best, lazy and inconsistent, and at worst, disingenuous  (@squire12) and scummy.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Gopher can go, its just stupid that people are choosing a no vote right now and probably the scummiest thing I've seen all thread

...and yet you decide not to push those with the no vote or try to sway them and waffle back and forth on seemingly random individuals. 

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The only positive to just finishing gopher now is that a couple players will have 1 strike against them as far as their modkill count

So, I'm all for pushing an inactive on that 2nd wave, as would most...correct? It's a win/win. Get rid of deadweight Town or scum.

The gopher dynamic lets us sort out the Squire/Gopher thing here, and potentially you as well depending upon his flip. Aside from that, you basically have Josh giving hugs, an assortment of inactivity, and the list I'm about to post about the songs that have now been "ruined" from a listening perspective (albeit some were bad to begin with) due to pop culture references, SNL skits, movies, etc.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Not at all. I'm saying that your evolving rationale as to who you decide your 2nd push should be (and by inception, ours as Good Guys) is at best, lazy and inconsistent, and at worst, disingenuous  (@squire12) and scummy.

I thoroughly apologize for not knowing all the answers and bouncing around trying to see what's up... thank you for going out of your way to define yourself as a "good guy" though lol

...and yet you decide not to push those with the no vote or try to sway them and waffle back and forth on seemingly random individuals. 

I did the same thing last game, and to positive effect. Welcome to the early part of the game.

So, I'm all for pushing an inactive on that 2nd wave, as would most...correct? It's a win/win. Get rid of deadweight Town or scum.

The gopher dynamic lets us sort out the Squire/Gopher thing here, and potentially you as well depending upon his flip. Aside from that, you basically have Josh giving hugs, an assortment of inactivity, and the list I'm about to post about the songs that have now been "ruined" from a listening perspective (albeit some were bad to begin with) due to pop culture references, SNL skits, movies, etc.

The no votes are way more problematic for me than the legitimate inactives. the hiding is the problem

As for Gopher/Squire thing.... its day 1.. its based on reads.. having one of them flip solves nothing, it could be civ on civ, it could be scum on scum bussing. It doesn't actually resolve anything regarding the other.. If this stemmed from a role move that is causing a dispute and there's some level of duality then I agree

Like I've said.. Gopher can go, it just seems stupid to me to get nothing additional out of this day

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I thoroughly apologize for not knowing all the answers and bouncing around trying to see what's up... thank you for going out of your way to define yourself as a "good guy" though lol

Deflection to the crux of my point noted as well as a soft push justification of me.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I did the same thing last game, and to positive effect. Welcome to the early part of the game.

BBB made it pretty easy last game.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The no votes are way more problematic for me than the legitimate inactives. the hiding is the problem

I take issue with both.

7 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

As for Gopher/Squire thing.... its day 1.. its based on reads.. having one of them flip solves nothing, it could be civ on civ, it could be scum on scum bussing. It doesn't actually resolve anything regarding the other.. If this stemmed from a role move that is causing a dispute and there's some level of duality then I agree

Like I've said.. Gopher can go, it just seems stupid to me to get nothing additional out of this day

Again, I'm fine with that to a point, but then arbitrarily pushing a 2nd just for the sake of pushing so that the day isn't "wasted" comes across as fake to me, especially when you had a "legitimate" reason for Squire (meta), a legitimate one for Daniel (laziness and rationale), and then just seemingly spun a roulette wheel or RNG'd the 3rd (me) seems out of left field here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Again, I'm fine with that to a point, but then arbitrarily pushing a 2nd just for the sake of pushing so that the day isn't "wasted" comes across as fake to me, especially when you had a "legitimate" reason for Squire (meta), a legitimate one for Daniel (laziness and rationale), and then just seemingly spun a roulette wheel or RNG'd the 3rd (me) seems out of left field here.

you sound like you're mad for being caught for the wrong reasons. and panicking at having what 3 or 4 votes?

I followed a train to see if it was going to get momentum. I wasn't planning on sticking with you, but you're making it seem like a better idea

This morning, I turned on the radio on my way to work, and Europe's "The Final Countdown" came on the radio. This got me to thinking (more on this later), that there are now songs that I can no longer take seriously due to pop culture references. While some of these songs were awful to begin with/were awesome, that doesn't factor into my rationale. Here are a list of the Top 5 songs that I can no longer take seriously:

*Honorable mention*

The Fray: How to Save a Life

Due to Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, and any other medical show with some sort of dramatic scene/culminating moment, like so:

KYXqrN.gif

how-to-save-a-life-by-the-fray-scrubs.gi

63361baffbf145d72efbe0cc210afd8b.gif

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

you sound like you're mad for being caught for the wrong reasons. and panicking at having what 3 or 4 votes?

Panicking for calling you out on your third time now changing the narrative and rationale? Not one bit. I'm not scum, and I have 2 votes I believe.

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I followed a train to see if it was going to get momentum. I wasn't planning on sticking with you, but you're making it seem like a better idea

Go for it. I really don't care. But then again, admitting to an arbitrary push, which differs from your first two (and soft defense of Gopher) to then admit to killing that momentum that you've manufactured...it's hilarious. 

On 2/9/2021 at 10:36 AM, Dome said:

10 hours ago, Dome said:

8 votes needed for majority:

6 gopher - nacho, counselor, swag, mwil, squire, md4l

2 md4l - orca, bcb

2 mwil -  gopher, pickle

1 daniel - TK3

@Matts4313 still needs to vote

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

oops; squire. 

Matts seems to be both in active participation and dropping a vote and bouncing out on any further conversation.

based on the VC above, the no votes were Daniel and Josh.   daniel has since voted for Tk3.

anyone have thoughts on Josh and his only posts being about giving out hugs??  I don't recall anything that was game related