Free agent Browns-who to sign/let go

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Bill Callahan was our best offensive lineman this year. Let's not kid ourselves. Teller worries me being a mauler but adding an injury history. Bit and tret are true warriors. Conklin is a stud and I'm excited to see if wills takes the next step. Overall, keep them intact and run it back.

Yes keep it intact as long as possible. I love Callahan but he’s in his mid 60s and could retire at any time. I’m not going to let anyone go and hope and put all my eggs in the Callahan basket. Baker looked great this year because of the oline. Wanna see him turn back into the 2019 baker then start messing with the line and watch what happens. 

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

When your getting CONSISTENT All Pro selections and a 3x pro bowl selection, and your the 2nd best lineman to a SURE FIRE first ballot HOF'er (Mr. Thomas)....then yes...that IS something to hang your Hat on. And when Joe T left....Joe B was our best lineman since Joe T retired and possibly this year.

I would put him above Alex Mack, but its debatable either way......some of Alex Mack best years and All pro selection came when he was a member of the Falcons....and I dont care about those years....

I also disagree with you...yes Wyatt Teller was a HUGE improvement.....but 1, he came from nowhere, to become a beast, Joe B was draft at the top or round 2 and has stayed good since. ALSO Joe B hasnt missed a game due to injury in 4 seasons.....Wyatt Teller missed 5 this season.....so lets not get enthralled with our Shiny new toy vs. a dude that has been there play in and play out for the last 4 years holding it down....

Mack got his recognition with the Falcons but he was just as good in Cleveland as he was with the Falcons. 

"2nd best lineman to a SURE FIRE first ballot HOF'er (Mr. Thomas)....then yes...that IS something to hang your Hat on" How so? Yes, Thomas is #1 but no one even comes close to him. Its kinda bragging about coming 2nd in a race against Usain Bolt when their were only 2 runners in the race. Now if their was a legit 3rd place lineman that Bit could be above, than that is something to hang your hat on. 

I was just speaking about this season,when I mentioned Teller. Our best lineman this year was Conklin and 2nd best was Teller. Yeah he missed games but im not going to kill a guy for being hurt. Yeah Joe Thomas was amazing that  he played all those snaps and toughed it out but in the long run that streak of his cost us long term Joe Thomas

I like Joel but ill never get too excited for left guard

21 hours ago, buno67 said:

Mack got his recognition with the Falcons but he was just as good in Cleveland as he was with the Falcons. 

"2nd best lineman to a SURE FIRE first ballot HOF'er (Mr. Thomas)....then yes...that IS something to hang your Hat on" How so? Yes, Thomas is #1 but no one even comes close to him. Its kinda bragging about coming 2nd in a race against Usain Bolt when their were only 2 runners in the race. Now if their was a legit 3rd place lineman that Bit could be above, than that is something to hang your hat on. 

I was just speaking about this season,when I mentioned Teller. Our best lineman this year was Conklin and 2nd best was Teller. Yeah he missed games but im not going to kill a guy for being hurt. Yeah Joe Thomas was amazing that  he played all those snaps and toughed it out but in the long run that streak of his cost us long term Joe Thomas

I like Joel but ill never get too excited for left guard

I respect your opinion.....we will just have to agree to disagree......it was said he was overated and you said "you never get to excited about a Left Guard".....in a 7 year career he's made the All Rookie Team, 3 x 2nd team all pro (so technically he's better than 62 of the 64 OG's in that race) and 3 x Pro Bowl OG.....so Shrug....he's overated and nothing to get excited about....

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I respect your opinion.....we will just have to agree to disagree......it was said he was overated and you said "you never get to excited about a Left Guard".....in a 7 year career he's made the All Rookie Team, 3 x 2nd team all pro (so technically he's better than 62 of the 64 OG's in that race) and 3 x Pro Bowl OG.....so Shrug....he's overated and nothing to get excited about....

giphy.gif

LG is literally the least important positions on the OL and pretty much the least out of all 22 starting positions. Im Not getting excited over a LG. 

yes he has been a damn good LG doesn’t mean I have to be excited about. 

38 minutes ago, buno67 said:

LG is literally the least important positions on the OL and pretty much the least out of all 22 starting positions. Im Not getting excited over a LG. 

yes he has been a damn good LG doesn’t mean I have to be excited about. 

I respect it....but when you have a person who's top 4 at their position in the NFL....and he play's for us.....we should not under rate these type of players and start turning up our noses like cutting him is not big deal......In my humble opinion...maybe its because I remember 2 short years ago we went 0-16.....so I dont think we should be saying "Oh we have an All-Pro Guard, meh......this year we had our first playoff win since I started college...so forgive me if I get excited over having talent....maybe I'm still shell socked with Our Beloved Teams performance over the past 30 years.....I still remember getting excited over having a Great K, KR/PR and LT and THAT was IT.....so I remain humble and THANKFUL for EVERY shred of talent we get on this team. Maybe I start thinking more like you after we have won 6 Superbowls and make the playoffs 17 out of last 20 years like the Patriots did....till then, the memory of the RECENT rough times....keeps me humble and Thankful.