Free agent Browns-who to sign/let go

59 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I am. JJ is gonna get paid, despite all the stuff going around that he wants to win, will take less money etc. JJ is high profile and not coming to Cleveland. We're being used to inflate his market most likely. I do believe we can land a big fish in free agency but just not Watt. FWIW, I think Watt will get injured again and end up being a meh signing for whoever gives him 3/$36 mil or whatever.

Hey, I do not want him and everything you are saying probably is right.

Chill.

21 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I am. JJ is gonna get paid, despite all the stuff going around that he wants to win, will take less money etc. JJ is high profile and not coming to Cleveland. We're being used to inflate his market most likely. I do believe we can land a big fish in free agency but just not Watt. FWIW, I think Watt will get injured again and end up being a meh signing for whoever gives him 3/$36 mil or whatever.

He isn’t going to get paid big money but really 3/36 isn’t a bad deal for both sides. Depends what that year 3 cap hit/dead cap looks like. 

only team he would be willing to take less money from is from the Steelers but I don’t think he is going to give them a charity deal. If it’s 1-2m difference? He might give the Steelers the benefit of the doubt but I doubt the Steelers are gonna come thst close. If they do, hell yea cause they sacrificed a lot to be able to land him. 

We are not the old browns, where we are used to inflate deals. FAs are going to actually want to play here because the browns actually have a legit franchise QB and a legit HC. Also as a DE, you have to love the idea of playing across from Garrett. 

The greatest salesmen’s the browns have right now is Thomas. Thomas and Watt go way back because of their Wisconsin connections. Hopefully he can sell him. 

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He isn’t going to get paid big money but really 3/36 isn’t a bad deal for both sides. Depends what that year 3 cap hit/dead cap looks like. 

only team he would be willing to take less money from is from the Steelers but I don’t think he is going to give them a charity deal. If it’s 1-2m difference? He might give the Steelers the benefit of the doubt but I doubt the Steelers are gonna come thst close. If they do, hell yea cause they sacrificed a lot to be able to land him. 

We are not the old browns, where we are used to inflate deals. FAs are going to actually want to play here because the browns actually have a legit franchise QB and a legit HC. Also as a DE, you have to love the idea of playing across from Garrett. 

The greatest salesmen’s the browns have right now is Thomas. Thomas and Watt go way back because of their Wisconsin connections. Hopefully he can sell him. 

giphy.gif

JJ Watt doesn't believe in the Browns after one stellar year. I'd be willing to sig bet you and/or ruce ruce. 

22 hours ago, bruceb said:

Hey, I do not want him and everything you are saying probably is right.

Chill.

Hot take: I think Vernon and Watt at this point in his career are probably comparable players on the field.

Watt is going to be 32 years old with a massive injury history and coming off a 5 sack season. As exciting as he would be to add, he is more like just a name at this point.

I would much rather go all in on a guy like Leonard Williams 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hot take: I think Vernon and Watt at this point in his career are probably comparable players on the field.

Watt is going to be 32 years old with a massive injury history and coming off a 5 sack season. As exciting as he would be to add, he is more like just a name at this point.

I would much rather go all in on a guy like Leonard Williams 

Watt doesn’t have the raw stats but his pass rush win rate and qb hurries are still among the league leaders. Watt is far superior to Vernon. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Watt doesn’t have the raw stats but his pass rush win rate and qb hurries are still among the league leaders. Watt is far superior to Vernon. 

He could feed sacks too Garrett. Pass rushing works in combinations. 

Vernon will cost vet min or a little more after his injury anyway, we could get both. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

He could feed sacks too Garrett. Pass rushing works in combinations. 

Vernon will cost vet min or a little more after his injury anyway, we could get both. 

Vernon tore his Achilles. That’s a huge injury. He probably won’t even be ready until the following season. 

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah, PFF graded Watt much closer to Garrett than they did Vernon. Watt was double/tripled teamed at the highest rate of any edge player.

Now I don't think we sign Watt but I think he has a couple good years left and is on a different level than Vernon.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, buno67 said:

Bitonio isn’t a Fringe HOF. He is the @malibuspeedrace of the browns. Hall of very good but not good enough for the Hall of fame. 

for Bitonio to become a HoF player. Browns need to win 1 Super Bowl and try and land on at least 2 1st All pro teams. 

With that being said. One of our most dominating offensive line performances this year was vs the Steelers in the playoff game and Bitonio didn’t even play. 

That's one game.  We play 16 or more.