Jump to content

Propose A Trade Thread


the lone star
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, winitall said:

If the Pistons can get multiple 1sts for Grant, they would be insane not to take it. They would finally be in a position to actually rebuild like fans have been wanting for a decade now. 

the Cs don't need anymore young players for a good minute but i'm sure there's someone that can offer a better package for grant than what the celtics can. if all it takes is a TPE and some firsts, then hell yer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, winitall said:

If the Pistons can get multiple 1sts for Grant, they would be insane not to take it. They would finally be in a position to actually rebuild like fans have been wanting for a decade now. 

I sort of agree but if they only have their own picks, I dont want one for a while.  Tatum and Brown will keep them as late 1st and I would rather get an earlier first with potential to improve in the lotto.  Grant is valuable, he isn't a throw away so they would need to add something aside from some late picks to get him IMO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I sort of agree but if they only have their own picks, I dont want one for a while.  Tatum and Brown will keep them as late 1st and I would rather get an earlier first with potential to improve in the lotto.  Grant is valuable, he isn't a throw away so they would need to add something aside from some late picks to get him IMO. 

Well the most valuable would be this year's 1st since they've underachieved. Tatum and Brown are not even in their primes yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well the most valuable would be this year's 1st since they've underachieved. Tatum and Brown are not even in their primes yet.

Its still going to be a pick in the 20s, which does nothing for me.  I'd rather have one lottery pick than two picks in the mid 20s.  I'd rather move him to a team like the Blazers for a pick 4 years down the road when Dame decides to do what Harden did.  He is under contract on a reasonable deal for a third option on a team, so no point in giving him away.  Its not like we can recruit good free agents to Detroit anyways so having cap space does us no good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And that bench would be much better if they took Haliburton instead. He was the 10th pick and is literally unplayable during a year where the Suns have championship aspirations, how is that not a meh pick? 

Even though passing Haliburton was a big mistake Payne has been so good it wouldn’t matter that much right now.  It sure would’ve been nice having CP’s future replacement though.  I wasn’t a fan of drafting STIX. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Its still going to be a pick in the 20s, which does nothing for me.  I'd rather have one lottery pick than two picks in the mid 20s.  I'd rather move him to a team like the Blazers for a pick 4 years down the road when Dame decides to do what Harden did.  He is under contract on a reasonable deal for a third option on a team, so no point in giving him away.  Its not like we can recruit good free agents to Detroit anyways so having cap space does us no good. 

Ah, I read your post as strictly looking at Boston at the moment. Yes, a higher pick is more valuable than 2 lower picks. But from Boston, this year's 1st would be better than asking for a pick 3-5 years from now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Even though passing Haliburton was a big mistake Payne has been so good it wouldn’t matter that much right now.  It sure would’ve been nice having CP’s future replacement though.  I wasn’t a fan of drafting STIX. 

Haliburton has been better than Payne and with his size/length you could've even used CP3/Haliburton/Booker on the floor together for stretches. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Even though passing Haliburton was a big mistake Payne has been so good it wouldn’t matter that much right now.  It sure would’ve been nice having CP’s future replacement though.  I wasn’t a fan of drafting STIX

Is that like an Amar'e acronym play?  What does STIX stand for? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Curious if this is just me.

A friend floated around a trade that moved Patrick Beverly to the Kings.

 

I argued that they had no reason to make this trade as it didn't help them win.

 

Am I wrong? Does Beverly have some value I'm not seeing?

What's the motivation for the Kings? Clippers need to improve at PG and I don't see how that happens in a trade with the Kings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

What's the motivation for the Kings? Clippers need to improve at PG and I don't see how that happens in a trade with the Kings.

This was my argument as well. I couldn't figure out why they would do it.

 

He argued it would help them with their mentality because Beverly has never been on a losing team and that he was already better than their current back ups.

 

It got in to be a big thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...