NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

the celtics formation of their big 3 is honestly what got me watching basketball. before i jumped on the magic train during the finals run i was always rooting for the celtics. 

it was around the same time i got really into the Cs too for as much **** as that will get me, but i didn't have cable growing up so i mostly watched college basketball and whatever ABC games the NBA had... I started playing basketball before I got into the NBA and then I started watching celtics games at my friends houses. wild to think that was decade and a half ago

i bought a pair of magic adidas that i wore before i got into the NBA cause they were 20 dollars 

Edited by Troy Brown

5 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

it was around the same time i got really into the Cs too for as much **** as that will get me, but i didn't have cable growing up so i mostly watched college basketball and whatever ABC games the NBA had... I started playing basketball before I got into the NBA and then I started watching celtics games at my friends houses. wild to think that was decade and a half ago

i bought a pair of magic adidas that i wore before i got into the NBA cause they were 20 dollars 

I didn't get into the Bucks until our own Big 3 era. It didn't pay off, obviously, but it was the most fun I've ever had as a basketball fan. TBF tho, I am a military brat so I didn't get to Milwaukee until my formative years (8th grade). 

• Like 1

Just now, Troy Brown said:

it was around the same time i got into the Cs too for as much **** as that will get me, but i didn't have cable growing up so i mostly watched college basketball and whatever ABC games the NBA had... I started playing basketball before I got into the NBA and then I started watching celtics games at my friends houses. wild to think that was decade and a half ago

yeah i remember that was my first year of middle school and i moved to a different city and lost all my old friends so to fill the time i decided to watch a sport other than football and the celtics were dominating sportscenter, so i decided to be a celtics fan... **** i forgot i was actually like a legit celtics fan for a minute there. then i coincidently moved to orlando right in the midst of their finals run season and started going to magic games and then i remember my brother had an SI magazine subscription and when this cover came out i was like alright yeah this is officially my team i guess

81luv4S8y-L._AC_SY450_.jpg 

that's when i started to be like a legit basketball fan and switched to the magic since i was going to games regularly and ****. now i hate the celtics like a rational hoop fan 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I didn't get into the Bucks until our own Big 3 era. It didn't pay off, obviously, but it was the most fun I've ever had as a basketball fan. TBF tho, I am a military brat so I didn't get to Milwaukee until my formative years (8th grade). 

basketball hit different at that age when you didn't realize your team had no shot unless it had one (or now two) of 6-7 players in the league 

• Like 1

Uh, if Ray Allen left the Celtics at the same time as Pierce and KG then he would not be some deified figure.

He got another title and made not only one of the most iconic shots in NBA history, but is intrinsically linked to a top 3 player ever. His all-time legacy was improved because of his decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah i remember that was my first year of middle school and i moved to a different city and lost all my old friends so to fill the time i decided to watch a sport other than football and the celtics were dominating sportscenter, so i decided to be a celtics fan... **** i forgot i was actually like a legit celtics fan for a minute there. then i coincidently moved to orlando right in the midst of their finals run season and started going to magic games and then i remember my brother had an SI magazine subscription and when this cover came out i was like alright yeah this is officially my team i guess

81luv4S8y-L._AC_SY450_.jpg 

that's when i started to be like a legit basketball fan and switched to the magic since i was going to games regularly and ****. now i hate the celtics like a rational hoop fan 

we were bonding until that last sentence. the NBA was way more fun at that point. the magic were fun, drose bulls were fun, celtics, lebron being an underdog, spurs, lakers. 

basketball hit different at that age when you didn't realize your team had no shot unless it had one (or now two) of 6-7 players in the league 

No doubt. I was CONVINCED we were winning the title that year. The Sixers series has forever stained me as a fan of the NBA. 

• Like 1

we were bonding until that last sentence. the NBA was way more fun at that point. the magic were fun, drose bulls were fun, celtics, lebron being an underdog, spurs, lakers. 

I lied. The Fear the Deer year was the most fun I've ever had as a Bucks fan but that's obviously due to being older and more invested. That team was so damn fun and I'm convinced they would've been a problem for teams had Bogut not shattered his elbow. 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

athletes feel like dorks now. maybe just cause we're the same age as a lot of them now. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

Uh, if Ray Allen left the Celtics at the same time as Pierce and KG then he would not be some deified figure.

He got another title and made not only one of the most iconic shots in NBA history, but is intrinsically linked to a top 3 player ever. His all-time legacy was improved because of his decision.

He absolutely would be in Boston. Go to the Cs reddit and see how much they're crying over Theis lol 

I don't know, man, I don't see Allen's legacy as much more than a role player on a LeBron team that made a huge shot. Agreed, iconic shot for sure, but he feels similar to players like Mike Miller, Shane Battiers, Jefferson, etc 

Obviously none of them hit that shot, but he was just a cog in the LeBron machine imop

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I lied. The Fear the Deer year was the most fun I've ever had as a Bucks fan but that's obviously due to being older and more invested. That team was so damn fun and I'm convinced they would've been a problem for teams had Bogut not shattered his elbow. 

ugh I was watching that game live. iirc, it was right before the Cs and Bucks were supposed to play in the playoffs, no? Or was that another year that the Bucks/Cs played right before the playoffs and beef was building up? 

(I know it was Amare who ruined Bogut, but I feel like Bogut being out was a good thing for the Cs)