NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't got a memory like that for individual games lol. I envy people that can pull that off. 

I take that back, for the Bucks I don't have that kind of memory. The Packers and Tar Heels, I can do it but I think that's due to be so many less games. The longer season games, unless they are playoff ones, just fade into the blur for me.

My favorite Bucks/C's game is obviously game 5 in 2019. Felt good burying you guys after almost managing to pull it off in 2018. That was also for all the times the C's kept us from winning titles in the 80's when we were legit.

the magic have had so few memorable positive games that i think i remember almost all of them

top 5 magic games since i've been a fan

5. this entire game was electric and was the best game i've ever been to in person

4. best game (besides the famous lebron buzzer beater) of the best series of my magic life. this is the series that got me hooked 

3. we lost this game, but it was THE craziest game of all time. best game of basketball i've ever seen. 

2. vince was out of his mind this night. the hottest i've ever seen a magic player. which isn't saying much. but i remember having a test i was supposed to be studying for, but was just ****in glued to the tv watching the legend.

1. thought for a minute we were gonna be nba champs. 

• Like 2

Started following the Knicks as an 8 year old lad just after a decade and a half of perennial playoff appearances. Think back to the McDyess-Chaney era. I'll always have that game against the Bucks when Eddy Curry hit the buzzer beater 3. 100% 3P shooter E-City baby.

Also we had this insane 6 game winning streak like 15 years ago where we beat a peak Pistons team in 3OT.

Edited by redsoxsuck05
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Answer this. Who plays a bigger role in the playoffs? Lowry or THT? I thought it was about winning Championships... 

It is.  And if you know that  Lowry trade guarantees a championship, you make the trade.  But unless you can make that guarantee it's not black and white like you are trying to make it appear.

57 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Wiseman got so much hype in the beginning of the year and I couldn't figure out why. There was very little chance he helped the Warriors this year, which is why I wanted them to draft him (before Klay got hurt)

I can't remember who it was right now, but someone on here said they still considered the Warriors title contenders, if not the favorites, even after Thompson got hurt because of Wiseman.

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

He absolutely would be in Boston. Go to the Cs reddit and see how much they're crying over Theis lol 

I don't know, man, I don't see Allen's legacy as much more than a role player on a LeBron team that made a huge shot. Agreed, iconic shot for sure, but he feels similar to players like Mike Miller, Shane Battiers, Jefferson, etc 

Obviously none of them hit that shot, but he was just a cog in the LeBron machine imop

What was his legacy going to be if he stuck around in Boston for another two more years and transitioned to being a role player there? I get you are obviously a Boston homer but that move unquestionably helped Allen out. It is arguably THE most iconic shot in basketball history or at least in the last 20 or so years. You don't talk about Allen without bringing that shot up. In what world does having hit the most clutch shot not help your legacy? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

What was his legacy going to be if he stuck around in Boston for another two more years and transitioned to being a role player there? I get you are obviously a Boston homer but that move unquestionably helped Allen out. It is arguably THE most iconic shot in basketball history or at least in the last 20 or so years. You don't talk about Allen without bringing that shot up. In what world does having hit the most clutch shot not help your legacy? 

I'm "obviously a Boston homer" because Ray Allen would have likely had his number in the rafters if he had stayed? That's what what staying would have done. He would have had his number retired by a franchise. Jesus dude. 

I never said it didn't help his legacy. I said nothing about his overall legacy in the NBA being tarnished. I was talking about in Boston. I get it, you obviously hate Boston sports (jus a nice call back to your rude *** comment), but it's a fair debate. Be revered by a city and not win a championship or win a championship as a role player. 

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

He absolutely would be in Boston. Go to the Cs reddit and see how much they're crying over Theis lol 

I don't know, man, I don't see Allen's legacy as much more than a role player on a LeBron team that made a huge shot. Agreed, iconic shot for sure, but he feels similar to players like Mike Miller, Shane Battiers, Jefferson, etc 

Obviously none of them hit that shot, but he was just a cog in the LeBron machine imop

So you're not talking about legacy here? Am I reading this wrong? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So you're not talking about legacy here? Am I reading this wrong? 

I'm gonna need you to point out where I said I wasn't talking about his legacy. 

Yes, leaving Boston to ride LeBron was better for his basketball legacy, but cost him a chance to have his number hanging at the top of an arena. Yes, I think he falls into a similar category of LeBron role players. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

I'm gonna need you to point out where I said I wasn't talking about his legacy. 

Yes, leaving Boston to ride LeBron was better for his basketball legacy, but cost him a chance to have his number hanging at the top of an arena. Yes, I think he falls into a similar category of LeBron role players. 

Why would that cost him from having his number retired in the rafters? If he stayed and played two more seasons as a role player in Boston, that would have been enough to get his number retired?

The Heat are going to be hell to beat again in the postseason. Oladipo has to stay healthy but he's been getting to the rim better as of late and has played well. They have crazy depth and the wing defenders to give the Nets issues and have a huge coaching advantage against the Bucks. We could be seeing another ECF trip for the Heat when it is all said and done.