NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

Clippers throwing games to avoid the lakers. They soft as heck. Might as well start the rebuild now. They soft and they stupid. Their best chance against the lakers is earlier before They round into form. What a joke. Lakers about to run threw the west from the 7 seed. 

26 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Call me a relic, but f it - I want the Nuggets to win every game. May come back to haunt them, but playing scared against this Lakers team ain't it for me.

Got to beat the best to be the best.

Nah man. You are right. I don't understand wanting to dodge the Lakers round 1 when Bron is clearly going to be at his most vulnerable and not all the way back/comfortable with that ankle yet. If I was a Clippers fan *shudders*...  I would've welcomed a battle of L.A. in round 1. If they can't beat big brother at their weakest are they really gonna roll through the rest of the West teams and beat a Nets/Sixers/Bucks team waiting for them likely out of the East? 

I agree with Pete (LakerFilmRoom) that this could be a good learning experience for Denver even if they lose again. You already have the no Murray excuse in your back pocket if you lose in less than 6. Why not try to see what you can do against the best defense in the league? Iron sharpens iron.

Lakers could end up being the Jazz for Denver and what I mean by that is we lost 1-4 and 0-4 to the Jazz and then 0-4 to the Spurs before going on our 3 peat. I really feel like the Nuggets can win a title in the next 2-3 years, so I don't think they should shy away from it. 

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Call me a relic, but f it - I want the Nuggets to win every game. May come back to haunt them, but playing scared against this Lakers team ain't it for me.

Got to beat the best to be the best.

Normally I’d want the easiest path possible, but can’t say I have realistic title expectations this year with no Murray so I really don’t care who we see round 1. I don’t think we can beat the Lakers, and really what’s it matter losing to them in the WCQF vs WCSF vs WCF? I guess longer postseason the better for experience, but really Malone and most of these guys have enough experience already, at least to the point that it’s not gonna hold them back.