NBA 2020-21 Season - Game Day Thread (Bring Back The Wolf Pit!)

the lone star

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I think you have to let that go.

It was a foul and just a dumb play by Powell.  

I feel like Book is maxed out in terms of talent.  He’s like this generations Allan Houston. 

49 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It was a foul and just a dumb play by Powell.  

Might have been a foul, but it was pretty minimal if it was one and I'm usually in favor of letting stuff go unless its blatant and that didn't really qualify for me, especially in that situation, but it is what it is. I wasn't rooting for either team tonight, so I have no dog in this fight.

This is also true.

But, anyways.... Allan Houston? Can't say I watched him like that, but that seems a little harsh lol.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Might have been a foul, but it was pretty minimal if it was one and I'm usually in favor of letting stuff go unless its blatant and that didn't really qualify for me, especially in that situation, but it is what it is. I wasn't rooting for either team tonight, so I have no dog in this fight.

This is also true.

But, anyways.... Allan Houston? Can't say I watched him like that, but that seems a little harsh lol.

He hit his shooting arm right before he went up.  Had he just reached quick instead of keeping his hand on him they probably let it go.  

lol he mad... i can't say I feel bad for the Blazers though. They got away with worse in our game last week.

Pretty sick of all star players complaining about fouls in general though. Hate the culture the NBA has built with these guys acting like divas. I really don't care if its CP3, Dame, Bron, Luka, Harden, or whichever star you wanna name. They all do this crap and it is a black eye for the league.

2 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

He hit his shooting arm right before he went up.  Had he just reached quick instead of keeping his hand on him they probably let it go.  

Yeah, I didn't see that angle, but does look like he glances the elbow there. Both of them extended their arms a bit into each others chest and then Booker kinda kept his arm over Powell's to keep it from getting anywhere and went into the gather into the shot and Powell kept extending his arm smh.

I still would've let it go, but that's also just what I selfishly would prefer to see in a game tying/winning situation. If that was called a foul in the 3rd quarter I probably wouldn't have blinked.

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol he mad... i can't say I feel bad for the Blazers though. They got away with worse in our game last week.

Pretty sick of all star players complaining about fouls in general though. Hate the culture the NBA has built with these guys acting like divas. I really don't care if its CP3, Dame, Bron, Luka, Harden, or whichever star you wanna name. They all do this crap and it is a black eye for the league.

I don't really have an issue with it given how inconsistent the officiating in the NBA is. I think that's the bigger black eye

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Anthony Edwards is going to be some player. Crazy the difference in his play over the year.

Elite athleticism to drive, and now a step back 3? Man. Even got a shout out from Mike Malone after the game

Edwards pre-ASB: 14.9 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 2.5 apg, 0.9 spg on 37% FG | 30% 3FG | 80% FT

Edwards post-ASB: 23.6 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.4 spg on 45% FG | 35% 3FG | 75% FT