What are you thinking about?

pwny

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I have a couple Amazon Echo Dots and some smart plugs with them for lamps but that's about it so far. I'm an Apple user!

I would go with the Logitech Circle stuff if you have an iPhone. It’s secure video that can’t be accessed by anybody but you, it all integrates into iOS well, and it’s actually really good stuff. I’d always go for the stuff that uses HomeKit Secure Video, or has local storage. 

Ring is the most popular, same with the Echo stuff, but they’ve had a lot of security issues, and Amazon gave a back door for police to access any video they want if they say they need to see something. That’s without your permission too. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

The states that don’t have an income tax will make it up somewhere else. It’s either in property taxes, or sales tax. You’ll see some people move to those states because of the tax situation, but it’s not like people are just flooding in for it. 

So is it a bit of deception then? Good in name only?

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO Florida is a good example of older retired people moving for:

1. Tax implications/reasons

2. Warmer weather

Like you said, states make it up elsewhere (hello sales tax), but IMO it's definitely a factor.

Do you have VAT (Value Added Tax)? 

As far as I'm aware (correct if wrong), sales tax is only applied to the end buyer. Like if you bought a hammer from a hardware store, only that retailer would collect the tax attached, but the primary developer/company wouldn't? VAT everyone is taxed at every stage. We have that PLUS income tax, plus others...🤭

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So is it a bit of deception then? Good in name only?

I don't know that I'd say it's deceptive. All of the facts are public record, so it's not like they're hiding something. It's more that it doesn't benefit everybody.

17 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Mines 4. And hates chocolate. Im kickin back in my crappy gaming chair, mountain of empty Tootsie Roll wrappers beside me. And still a few left.

Happiest man on the planet.

I cut her a deal in the end (benefits of knowing my daughter and her taste in candy); I'd dress "normal" in a hoodie and jeans in exchange for all of her sour ropes (not many people in the neighborhood give them out - but she's not a fan of them anyway - and I love them).

Just now, Deadpulse said:

unpopular opinion, I like Pete Davidson

I did pre SNL but now I think he’s an unfunny ******. King of Staten Island was the worst thing Judd Apatow ever did 

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive always wondered what @ET80 looks like, I finally know:

cC8uwfd.png\\

He tried to tell us he was no longer a fan, but I know better.

Oh, you don't know the story of the sign? That Hannah McNair comment is based on facts...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job