What are you thinking about?

pwny

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/live-blog/prigozhin-wagner-group-plane-crash-live-updates-rcna101457#rcrd17436

'Specially established commission' to investigate crash, Kremlin says

A “specially established commission” has started “investigating the circumstances and causes of the accident,” the Russian Federal Agency for Air Transport said in a statement posted to its Telegram channel.

What do we think, the missile guy slipped on a banana peel?

• Like 3

Concussion fears seem to be hampering HS football in my district.

10 years ago every team had 40-60 players it seemed. Got the local paper insert for all the district teams. 3 of the 8 dont have 25 players. 1 has 50, (highest population), 2nd highest populated school has 30. Less than our local school with the 2nd lowest student pop. Even though the local is still producing more players and 3rd largest district squad. Its all parents talk about when HS football is mentioned.

Anyone else seeing the likes where you live?

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

10 years ago every team had 40-60 players it seemed. Got the local paper insert for all the district teams. 3 of the 8 dont have 25 players. 1 has 50, (highest population), 2nd highest populated school has 30. Less than our local school with the 2nd lowest student pop. Even though the local is still producing more players and 3rd largest district squad. Its all parents talk about when HS football is mentioned.

Our HS is talking about getting rid of football, but turnouts have been bad for 20 years and they’ve won about as many games 

But also a lot of that is because basketball and baseball both have awesome coaches and kids are happy just playing those two sports here instead 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dome said:

Our HS is talking about getting rid of football, but turnouts have been bad for 20 years and they’ve won about as many games 

But also a lot of that is because basketball and baseball both have awesome coaches and kids are happy just playing those two sports here instead 

Basketball and wrestling both had over 30 kids try out last year. As many as football did this year. Bands doing more travel and events yearly so interest there has grown to about 30% of the school. Great kids are active within the school, just sad less are gearing towards football.

10 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

The town where I grew up used to have so many kids play football that they had to create 2 teams. Now, it is just one. Numbers definitely are dwindling. It doesn't help that our high school, while big and heavily monetarily invested in the football team, has never been good at football. Meanwhile, the soccer team has been great for decades. Lots of kids now are playing soccer and baseball, I think.

The good news though is that I think there is now a co-ed youth flag football league in that town that is doing fantastic. Lots of kids playing. You're going to see a lot of that going forward, I think, and it probably isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1