What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 11/23/2023 at 12:15 AM, Tugboat said:

Currently thinking about why people would go to the gym to just like...walk on the treadmill.  Passed by a gym while i was walking to the store and back, and the same few (totally normal, mid-age type) people were still just strolling along on their treadmills with their earbuds in both ways.

Like...i get if you're going for a run, because it snowed a bit last night and the sidewalks and stuff are kind of sneaky slippery in places.  But to just...go for a walk?  People are so weird man.

I have bad issues with cramps and knees, so I'll usually do 30+ minutes walking on the treadmill to warm up, then do weights, etc., then finish on the treadmill for another 30+ minutes cooldown. If there is a good podcast on and I don't particularly want to go home I can go an hour plus just walking. 

Also, MN winters. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The chiropractor has really helped reset my lower back and neck the past 2 visits. Sleep is better and I have my resting heart rate down 5-7 bpm.

People can claim placebo or that it's scientifically bs, a good chiropractor is incredible for me. Shooting pain going doing the outside of my leg or my foot feeling constantly semi-numb for several days, my chiropractor gets everything settled out for me.

Hard part is actually relaxing for a day to let everything settle. He's pretty openly annoyed when I walk in the next day after knowing I didn't and being in pain again. Lol.

• Like 2