What are you thinking about?

pwny

On 12/21/2023 at 8:29 AM, naptownskinsfan said:

My fiance has the flu right now, and I didn’t catch it.  During our relationship, she’s had covid twice and another really bad cold and I didn’t catch either of those.  

Totally not sure how I keep dodging these, but I figure the next time I get sick, it’s going to be an absolute killer of an illness to make up for it. 

My mom and dad were always like this.  Partly because she was a teacher who caught literally everything because gross children...but she'd get sick all the time.  My dad usually just shrugged everything off without noticing.

But when he very rarely *did* get sick, he's always just got completely incapacitatited.  Just knocked on his ***, barely get out of bed sick.  I only remember a handful of instances of my dad really "Sick" throughout my life.  But they're...intense.  idk.  Different immune systems work differently.

I got both.

I catch a lot of things.  And i can get knocked on my ***!

I did the whole Covid thing before it was even that cool.  Back when it was generally more intense, and it was the weirdest sickness i've ever had.  It was like a bad cold combined with my brain getting delerious.  I just spent a couple weeks in a weird fog, and then realized a lot later that it took...way more than a couple weeks to even get back to "normal".  But i came out the other side alright.  Can't imagine getting it twice like your fiance.

Shopping around Christmas, everyone's just sniffling and coughing everywhere it's always like...fuuuuuuuuuuu i'm gonna get that i bet.

I already came into the holiday with what is proably some sort of flu that's made my stomach unhappy, a couple days after a big busy shopping trip.  But also eating nothing but fast food basically for two days probably hasn't helped clear that up.

I learned from Covid testing when i got it, that i have supreme Typhoid Mary potential and it's a kind of scary power.  I felt totally fine right up until the one evening i got a kinda scratchy throat.  Tested in the morning and i lit the thing up to redline.  lol.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

My mom and dad were always like this.  Partly because she was a teacher who caught literally everything because gross children...but she'd get sick all the time.  My dad usually just shrugged everything off without noticing.

But when he very rarely *did* get sick, he's always just got completely incapacitatited.  Just knocked on his ***, barely get out of bed sick.  I only remember a handful of instances of my dad really "Sick" throughout my life.  But they're...intense.  idk.  Different immune systems work differently.

I got both.

I catch a lot of things.  And i can get knocked on my ***!

I did the whole Covid thing before it was even that cool.  Back when it was generally more intense, and it was the weirdest sickness i've ever had.  It was like a bad cold combined with my brain getting delerious.  I just spent a couple weeks in a weird fog, and then realized a lot later that it took...way more than a couple weeks to even get back to "normal".  But i came out the other side alright.  Can't imagine getting it twice like your fiance.

Shopping around Christmas, everyone's just sniffling and coughing everywhere it's always like...fuuuuuuuuuuu i'm gonna get that i bet.

I already came into the holiday with what is proably some sort of flu that's made my stomach unhappy, a couple days after a big busy shopping trip.  But also eating nothing but fast food basically for two days probably hasn't helped clear that up.

I learned from Covid testing when i got it, that i have supreme Typhoid Mary potential and it's a kind of scary power.  I felt totally fine right up until the one evening i got a kinda scratchy throat.  Tested in the morning and i lit the thing up to redline.  lol.

I get super sick once per year. I did just a bit ago. Slept all day, woke up twice to use the restroom and then went right back to bed. Was up for maybe an hour of the entire day and the next day I felt better but was really weak and shaky. My wife was born way too early so she has a terrible immune system. I tell her if the neighbor has a mouse fart in their house she'll get pinkeye. lol

As far as COVID I've tested positive twice but was asymptomatic both times. Lucky in that aspect.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NeptunePenguins said:

Perfect 4th of July high and low temperature 95F(35C) and 75F (24C) and perfect Christmas high low temperature 16F(-9C) and -4F(-20C)

Seems normal i doubt we ruined everything.

Drove home to the edge of the arctic circle for the holidays and only like two little stretches had any snow on the ground and still dry bare roads.  That seems fine.  I bet that's normal.

It's hysterical to me because i drove home a bit earlier and it was insanely sketchy because it was significant snow and ice on the roads.  But other than that one week...it's been absolutely nothing and that's broken as heck.

12 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I get super sick once per year. I did just a bit ago. Slept all day, woke up twice to use the restroom and then went right back to bed. Was up for maybe an hour of the entire day and the next day I felt better but was really weak and shaky. My wife was born way too early so she has a terrible immune system. I tell her if the neighbor has a mouse fart in their house she'll get pinkeye. lol

As far as COVID I've tested positive twice but was asymptomatic both times. Lucky in that aspect.

That's a rough one.  Lucky that you didn't spread it to you wife.  I'd be terrified of that, knowing she's immunocomprmised or whatever.  But whatever gets us all through it, right?  Better to be good than lucky, lucky to be good.

I wasn't really delirious at the time, but i was apparently sick and contagious as heck.  The morning i tested because i suspected it...i just laughed at how quickly the test came back Super Positive!  It was almost funny.  Except it basically stole a month from my life.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's a rough one.  Lucky that you didn't spread it to you wife.  I'd be terrified of that, knowing she's immunocomprmised or whatever.  But whatever gets us all through it, right?  Better to be good than lucky, lucky to be good.

For sure. I got it once from work and once from her. It kicked her butt for about 12 days. Somehow the kids never got it though, or they were asymptomatic. Who knows?

8 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I wasn't really delirious at the time, but i was apparently sick and contagious as heck.  The morning i tested because i suspected it...i just laughed at how quickly the test came back Super Positive!  It was almost funny.  Except it basically stole a month from my life.

When your test has that Richard Simmons level of positivity. 😆

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 5:25 AM, DontTazeMeBro said:

What do you get when you make it known that you hate gift cards? A box of firewood. You get a box of ******* firewood 

Well if you've got a fireplace and like having a fire going, that's not so bad.

But even if you don't, take it outside and make a fire and make some hot dogs or smores or something.

Even with bad gifts there's usually some way to make some decent use out of them. Sucks that they didn't give you something better/more fitting of what you enjoy though.

I also absolutely love grilled or fire cooked hot dogs though so maybe that's more enticing to me than most lol.

It's midnight. My 8 year old son just woke me up.  He's crying and has an earache.  Seems pretty intense.  Gave him children's Tylenol. 

One of the worst feelings I'm the world when you can't take away pain from your children.  😭

• Like 1