What are you thinking about?

pwny

23 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Its tough man, after crunching the numbers my wife literally quit her job to be a stay at home mom because as a teacher, we found she was essentially going to work to pay the daycare bill. So why not just be a stay at home parent at that point.

This is also a very big problem with teachers in general is that once they have kids, they quit because their salaries dont make it worth staying. A lot of other teachers at her school have done the same thing, then once all the kids are in Kindergarten--they have to refind jobs again. So basically we have a single income household for a bare minimum 4 years pending future kids, that could turn into 6-8 years.

More power to you for having that sweet gig though lol I wish we could find something like that.

Update: As for your question about multiple kids, that also factored in to her just leaving her job. No chance would could afford 2 kids in daycare. You get a little bit of a price break for multiples, I think something like 1.5x or 1.75x--so if daycare costs 1,550 for one kid, we would still be paying around $2,500-2,750 per month for two. Hell no. no no no.

Nobody gets screwed more than teachers right now. It's a damn shame.

And yeah, I feel very lucky we found the place we did. And even then, it is still $1000 a month. It's more of another student loan payment than a second mortgage, but it is still a lot. I was talking to my dad about it and I was like "I can't wait until he gets out of daycare and gets a bit cheaper" and his reply was "you think kids get cheaper? They never get cheaper" lol. So it will always be something! I thought we were catching a break when he stopped taking formula, but then he developed a $30 a week blueberry habit lol.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Nobody gets screwed more than teachers right now. It's a damn shame.

And yeah, I feel very lucky we found the place we did. And even then, it is still $1000 a month. It's more of another student loan payment than a second mortgage, but it is still a lot. I was talking to my dad about it and I was like "I can't wait until he gets out of daycare and gets a bit cheaper" and his reply was "you think kids get cheaper? They never get cheaper" lol. So it will always be something! I thought we were catching a break when he stopped taking formula, but then he developed a $30 a week blueberry habit lol.

haha that is some good knowledge to take and yeah their eating habits can add up quick. My good friend talked to his finance advisor (he has 2 kids) and he told me on New Years that his advisor suggested if he wants to have a college savings for his kids, he needs to bank $500 a month into their accounts....per kid....for 15+ years.

Im just dyin over here 🤣 Like what is all of this. What are we even doing. How is this possible. Im just started living by the motto "Ehh well figure it out when we get there". If I'm able to go golfing once a year at this point Ill be happy. Just need to hit the lottery or hope my boss gives me that 100k raise I asked for that I still havent heard back about lol 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

haha that is some good knowledge to take and yeah their eating habits can add up quick. My good friend talked to his finance advisor (he has 2 kids) and he told me on New Years that his advisor suggested if he wants to have a college savings for his kids, he needs to bank $500 a month into their accounts....per kid....for 15+ years.

Im just dyin over here 🤣 Like what is all of this. What are we even doing. How is this possible. Im just started living by the motto "Ehh well figure it out when we get there". If I'm able to go golfing once a year at this point Ill be happy. Just need to hit the lottery or hope my boss gives me that 100k raise I asked for that I still havent heard back about lol 

Preach brother.

My wife and I make pretty decent money, but we've already decided we aren't putting away money for him for college. He can take out loans like we did lol. We opened a high yield savings account for him though, which we are putting money in (as well as any checks/cash he gets from birthdays or other events) that we will give him access to when he's 18. Whether he wants to use it for college, a car, a house, trade school, whatever is up to him when he gets there. And we are making sure we are taking care of ourselves, so worst case scenario, he'll always have a house, a room, clothes, and food to come back to should he need it. My parents didn't do everything right, far from it, but they always had space and food for me, which is enough to get you on your feet. I'm hoping to be able to provide a little more to my kid and give him a nice jump starting influx of cash when he hits 18. But yeah, having an account to entirely cover your kids college? Or college for more than 1 kid? There is 0 chance that happens.

Is it me or are Tesla drivers the most aggressive drivers. I seen many crashes and near crashes involving people that drive them. In my case I’ve been almost hit a few times in parking lots trying to get back into my car.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Is it me or are Tesla drivers the most aggressive drivers. I seen many crashes and near crashes involving people that drive them. In my case I’ve been almost hit a few times in parking lots trying to get back into my car.

For me, it's anyone with tinted windows. Tinted windows = "I can drive like an ******* because you can't see my face." So many people hide behind it. Was running around all day today before I go on my trip and I can't tell you how many tinted window asshats were dipping in and out of traffic or on my ***. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

No, it's not you. Most Tesla's are fast, and most people who drive fast cars make the short trip to idiot driver.

Cybertrucks are gonna breed a whole new breed of idiot driver. A truck that hauls a giant payload, bullet-proof glass and goes 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

For me, it's anyone with tinted windows. Tinted windows = "I can drive like an ******* because you can't see my face." So many people hide behind it. Was running around all day today before I go on my trip and I can't tell you how many tinted window asshats were dipping in and out of traffic or on my ***. 

A lot of Tesla drivers have tinted windows the worst combination lol.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 3

I decided to test some AI characters on various sites by sending the sentence "I punched someone in the face because they told me that there were drive thru daquiri places in Louisiana" 

and honestly some of them were like "YEAH way to go they deserved it" and some were like "omg he said a horrible thing but don't punch them over it!" Only a few were like "you punched them over that? Seriously???" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

It isn’t you, they are the worst in the DC/MD/VA area too.  Also had a couple Tesla’s blow past me on the way to Delaware too. 

• Like 2