What are you thinking about?

pwny

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You do realize it’s perfectly acceptable and possible to both want justice for her/her family while also admitting there are other social factors at play, right?

Who said otherwise? Why are you making things up?

“Why is this getting so much attention?” Isn’t a tough question to answer.  It’s because she’s pretty and white. Name the other big missing person cases you can remember.  Top of my head…

-JonBenet Ramsey

- Elizabeth Smart

- Lacy Peterson

- Natalee Holloway 

- Chandra Levy

Noticing a trend yet?   

There are literally three factors in your statement. Race, gender, and attractiveness. Only one is getting talked about. On top of that, at no point have I denied that when you put those three together you are going to see more attention.

Burying your head in the sand and pretending it’s irrelevant when it comes to media exposure and clicks helps nothing and is factually incorrect. But I suppose for some it’s easier to shrug off facts as “wokies always seeing race” than to admit some uncomfortable realities.

The point of all of this is NOT to say she deserves LESS attention, but that other people deserve EQUAL attention.

This, quite frankly, is nonsense. No one is doing that. The conversation went from Gabby Petito to a conversation about race. There was no post, including your own, that brought up anyone deserving equal attention. It became "Yes, race is a factor, and if you can't admit that get your head out of the sand". That's not raising awareness. It's complaining. After the question was asked the next nine posts were: An update on Gabby by me, and 8 posts debating race. I made another post distancing from it, and it was immediately dragged back in.

If what you claimed to be doing was happening, we'd probably agree. Fact is, that's not the case, and ironically enough it was exactly what you're arguing it wasn't. I'm not going to be dragged into it any further. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

We are really overlooking the fact that this guy’s name is Brian. Should have been a major tell all along.

I mean...I feel like people got on board right away. It looked pretty bad from the start. The name just sealed the deal.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I didn’t realize that was unpopular.

archer playing around GIF

If you ask the Rick and Morty fanbois, it's the greatest form of art ever created and saying otherwise means you're not educated or smart.

Archer is everything Rick and Morty is... while being so much more than Rick and Morty... without trying as hard as Rick and Morty.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

If you ask the Rick and Morty fanbois, it's the greatest form of art ever created and saying otherwise means you're not educated or smart.

Archer is everything Rick and Morty is... while being so much more than Rick and Morty... without trying as hard as Rick and Morty.

Hot take:

I don’t find R&M funny. It’s way behind Futurama as well…and obviously King of the Hill.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Archer needs more exposure.  I drop archer quotes all the time and no one ever gets it.  Either it needs more attention or i need different friends, family, and coworkers.

Same with arrested development.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The point of all of this is NOT to say she deserves LESS attention, but that other people deserve EQUAL attention.

Why are we assuming that the media attention here is positive? The media doesn't go out of their way to cater to the emotional needs of the family or friends or anything. They're probably getting badgered constantly. Imagine having to hire someone to manage your public affairs because your daughter was murdered. 

Frankly, her death (and the over-coverage of these types of cases) are used to get clicks and ad spots out of suburban moms and dads. I don't know her or her beliefs, and I haven't followed the case at all because 1 death doesn't move the needle at all emotionally for me these days, but wall to wall media coverage of "this could be your family" doesn't sound like a sincere way to honor her memory to me. Maybe that's what she'd have wanted; in that case, fair enough. But someone in that laundry list of pretty murder victims and their family would probably prefer privacy and quiet right now, and I don't buy for a second that being murdered on an RV trip is the most important information that every American needs to know. That means it's sad, and for that family devastatingly so, but not news.

The hot take version of this is that she's been reduced to a Law and Order episode. And whatever if people want to clutch pearls and say that's insensitive. Direct follow ups about it to Pat Tillman's brother.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Mallory Archer is like Cruella Deville the boss. I still can't get through an episode without her cracking me up. 

I peaced out at the coma stuff, but the first few seasons were pretty consistently hysterical. Shows that get funnier the more ridiculous they get are the best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Mallory Archer is like Cruella Deville the boss. I still can't get through an episode without her cracking me up. 

I peaced out at the coma stuff, but the first few seasons were pretty consistently hysterical. Shows that get funnier the more ridiculous they get are the best.

The two seasons post-coma have been fantastic - they're diving into the whole group dynamic, how each person leans into the worst version of themselves after prolonged exposure to each other.

The coma seasons were weird - they're not bad in a rewatch, but not the same.

• Like 2

Just now, ET80 said:

The two seasons post-coma have been fantastic - they're diving into the whole group dynamic, how each person leans into the worst version of themselves after prolonged exposure to each other.

The coma seasons were weird - they're not bad in a rewatch, but not the same.

I'll add it to the list. I won't get through the list, but it's on the list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I didn’t realize that was unpopular.

archer playing around GIF

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You do realize it’s perfectly acceptable and possible to both want justice for her/her family while also admitting there are other social factors at play, right?

“Why is this getting so much attention?” Isn’t a tough question to answer.  It’s because she’s pretty and white. Name the other big missing person cases you can remember.  Top of my head…

-JonBenet Ramsey

- Elizabeth Smart

- Lacy Peterson

- Natalee Holloway 

- Chandra Levy

Noticing a trend yet?   

Burying your head in the sand and pretending it’s irrelevant when it comes to media exposure and clicks helps nothing and is factually incorrect. But I suppose for some it’s easier to shrug off facts as “wokies always seeing race” than to admit some uncomfortable realities.

Media doesn’t pick which cases get popular. The people do. Whatever gets the most clicks will become a hot story and get more and more and more coverage. With Gabby, it’s easy to see why she got a lot of clicks, she’s a social media influencer, ridiculously photogenic, far from the ugly spectrum, and the overall extremely unique circumstances surrounding the case. 

When the media sees what gets clicks, all the channels start spamming that story as much as they can. 

Similar phenomenon to Donald Trump. He made the media companies more money in 4 years than they have probably made in the past 20 combined before that. 

@MWil23 Quoted you by total accident. Must be a “quote all browns fans” button somewhere…

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

The saga continues. Brian has not been found, and now (why this late???) neighbors are saying the family took an extended camping trip after he came home but before authorities had started the "missing persons case".

They definitely helped him one way or another. I don’t think he’s the type to kill himself. He is a narcissist who thinks his life is more important than everyone else’s. If cops were cornering him though, I can’t say he wouldn’t he wouldn’t shoot himself. They need to catch him without giving him any time to react. 

2 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Who said otherwise? Why are you making things up?

There are literally three factors in your statement. Race, gender, and attractiveness. Only one is getting talked about. On top of that, at no point have I denied that when you put those three together you are going to see more attention.

This, quite frankly, is nonsense. No one is doing that. The conversation went from Gabby Petito to a conversation about race. There was no post, including your own, that brought up anyone deserving equal attention. It became "Yes, race is a factor, and if you can't admit that get your head out of the sand". That's not raising awareness. It's complaining. After the question was asked the next nine posts were: An update on Gabby by me, and 8 posts debating race. I made another post distancing from it, and it was immediately dragged back in.

If what you claimed to be doing was happening, we'd probably agree. Fact is, that's not the case, and ironically enough it was exactly what you're arguing it wasn't. I'm not going to be dragged into it any further. 

Well said. All this non-sense does is distract from the case and think they are bringing up an important issue. Race has nothing to do with it. She’s superrrr photogenic, social media influencer, not ugly, there’s a video of an altercation that made the case blow up further, and overall unique circumstances surrounding the case. If there was an equal case of someone who’s a different race, then perhaps we’re onto something. There’s not. I will not participate in the conversation anymore either. Let them feel like they are participating in “justice” and feel better about their lives in their false sense of reality. I will discuss the case.