2021 NFL Draft

RamRod

39 minutes ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’m not so much upset with taking a WR that early, I’m more upset with which one they took and how much of a reach it seemed. Guys like Terrace Marshall and Dyami Brown were still on the board. I’d have loved to see us draft Brown. I just don’t see Atwell having a lot of success in the NFL aside from a few gimmick plays here and there. I hope I’m wrong—I really do. 

Terrance Marshall is a completely different receiver, and that foot injury seems to be a real issue, hence why he dropped so far

Brown is another discussion, and I think I agree with you. But him and another Burner going pretty soon after Tutu is exactly why I dont think any of them would have been available at #88

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

I’m not so much upset with taking a WR that early, I’m more upset with which one they took and how much of a reach it seemed. Guys like Terrace Marshall and Dyami Brown were still on the board. I’d have loved to see us draft Brown. I just don’t see Atwell having a lot of success in the NFL aside from a few gimmick plays here and there. I hope I’m wrong—I really do. 

This is Tavon Austin PTSD.  I understand it. I thought the same thing initially, but we can't hold one players disappointments against anothers entirely.

If Desean is as fragile as we all think/know he is, then we needed Tutu to be that dynamic deep threat to compliment Woods and Kupp. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is Tavon Austin PTSD.  I understand it. I thought the same thing initially, but we can't hold one players disappointments against anothers entirely.

If Desean is as fragile as we all think/know he is, then we needed Tutu to be that dynamic deep threat to compliment Woods and Kupp. 

If we're going off of what they did in college (which we have to at this point), Tutu could only dream of being Tavon. 

I just don't know how anyone can just gloss over how light this guy is. How many people of his weight have ever succeeded in the NFL? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

If we're going off of what they did in college (which we have to at this point), Tutu could only dream of being Tavon. 

I just don't know how anyone can just gloss over how light this guy is. How many people of his weight have ever succeeded in the NFL? 

Tavon's success in College didn't translate to the NFL because he was just faster/quicker then everyone. He never ran intermediate routes or the full route tree. Not shocking he didn't translate. Tutu ran the full route tree, made contested catches, etc. I wouldn't be shocked to see him succeed vs what we got from Tavon.

And Devonta Smith was 5lbs heavier then him and got draft in the 1st round. Idk why no one is bringing that up more. 

6'1 160lbs vs 5'9 155lbs. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Tavon's success in College didn't translate to the NFL because he was just faster/quicker then everyone. He never ran intermediate routes or the full route tree. Not shocking he didn't translate. Tutu ran the full route tree, made contested catches, etc. I wouldn't be shocked to see him succeed vs what we got from Tavon.

And Devonta Smith was 5lbs heavier then him and got draft in the 1st round. Idk why no one is bringing that up more. 

6'1 160lbs vs 5'9 155lbs. 

Smith weighted 170lb at the pro day. 

Where did you see about Tutu running a full route tree? On the podcasts I've listened to, they said the opposite (although I haven't checked into it myself yet).

11 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Smith weighted 170lb at the pro day. 

If you google Tutu Atwell weight, it also comes up at 165lbs. Really just depends which number you want run with for argument sake. I'd say 155-160lb is fair for Tutu. Also, keep in mind weight is only going to stick as he gets older.

13 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Where did you see about Tutu running a full route tree? On the podcasts I've listened to, they said the opposite (although I haven't checked into it myself yet).

I should correct myself. He mostly ran intermediate and deep routes from the slot. He's not going to line up outside in the NFL. 

Tavon Austin was simply short passes, jet sweeps, reverses, screens, etc. Austin in college far more limited then what we saw from Atwell and he relied solely on his athleticism in college and that never translated to the NFL. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Neither of those guys would take the top off though. 

4 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The smurf known as Tavon still had 20 pounds on what Tutu had to beef up to be and though they’re both short they aren’t remotely the same type of player. Steve Smith DJax etc still all have some more bulk to them. I have no problem with a WR at 57, I have an issue with the one we took. Jackson can’t stay healthy we have no reason to think Tutu will either.

I understand being worried about Tutu and his weight.. but damn.. give him a chance. Even if he doesn’t pan out, they aren’t going to hit on EVERY SINGLE PICK EVERY SINGLE YEAR lmao y’all are ridiculous. Feels like if all of you were in charge, we wouldn’t have missed on a pick in years 😂. Ive been wanting to talk some football with all of you and simply can’t because it’s just crying about firing Snead and giving up on next season because of ONE pick lol sneads contracts are another thing.. but it is what it is. I wouldn’t trade him for any other GM right now. We will be in contention for any good player available every single time. Relax lol 

8 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

If you google Tutu Atwell weight, it also comes up at 165lbs. Really just depends which number you want run with for argument sake. I'd say 155-160lb is fair for Tutu. Also, keep in mind weight is only going to stick as he gets older.

I should correct myself. He mostly ran intermediate and deep routes from the slot. He's not going to line up outside in the NFL. 

Tavon Austin was simply short passes, jet sweeps, reverses, screens, etc. Austin in college far more limited then what we saw from Atwell and he relied solely on his athleticism in college and that never translated to the NFL. 

We also know McVay prefers intelligent players - and we know that wasn't Tavons strength. McVay cut Tavon but did want Atwell - we won't what Atwell can do until he gets on the field but knowing that McVay is excited about him is already a feather in his cap

2 hours ago, MDY10 said:

I understand being worried about Tutu and his weight.. but damn.. give him a chance. Even if he doesn’t pan out, they aren’t going to hit on EVERY SINGLE PICK EVERY SINGLE YEAR lmao y’all are ridiculous. Feels like if all of you were in charge, we wouldn’t have missed on a pick in years 😂. Ive been wanting to talk some football with all of you and simply can’t because it’s just crying about firing Snead and giving up on next season because of ONE pick lol sneads contracts are another thing.. but it is what it is. I wouldn’t trade him for any other GM right now. We will be in contention for any good player available every single time. Relax lol 

hahaha so wait you think because I don't like the pick I won't root for him or want him to succeed? Or that I think I'm smarter than the guys running the team? Talk about projecting. We all know that half the first round picks are rated a success and it goes down every round that's not in debate. Unless you're quoting or referring to one of the few people here I have on ignore I've never once said to fire Snead or McVay and when the topic came up in general about McVay being on the hot seat it was laughable. 

I don't think Snead is bad just because I don't like a pick.

I don't think I'm better or smarter than him because I don't like a pick. 

I don't think he's bad because I don't like a pick. 

The only thing ridiculous is pushing all this hate on to people who don't have any hate towards McVay or Snead. We can disagree with somebody and not hate them. Do you always agree with your wife or girlfriend? Parents? Kids? Get it? This projecting we hate our front office and coaching staff because we disagree is quite frankly idiotic and needs to stop. This insisting that the pick and all their picks are good because they've done a good job in turning around this franchise is even more naive thank thinking we hate somebody because we disagree with one pick. Quit projecting your thoughts on to me and others though I can't speak for them. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

When has DeSean played more than like 3 games in a season lol. Man is made of paper. 

two seasons ago.
actually he played pretty much all the times. except the last two seasons.
i guess its safe to say that jacksons age is way more of a factor being injured now, than his body per se.

so....thats why mcvay picked up desean jackson 2.0.
to me...i don't know...makes...uh....sense?

16 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

hahaha so wait you think because I don't like the pick I won't root for him or want him to succeed? Or that I think I'm smarter than the guys running the team? Talk about projecting. We all know that half the first round picks are rated a success and it goes down every round that's not in debate. Unless you're quoting or referring to one of the few people here I have on ignore I've never once said to fire Snead or McVay and when the topic came up in general about McVay being on the hot seat it was laughable. 

I don't think Snead is bad just because I don't like a pick.

I don't think I'm better or smarter than him because I don't like a pick. 

I don't think he's bad because I don't like a pick. 

The only thing ridiculous is pushing all this hate on to people who don't have any hate towards McVay or Snead. We can disagree with somebody and not hate them. Do you always agree with your wife or girlfriend? Parents? Kids? Get it? This projecting we hate our front office and coaching staff because we disagree is quite frankly idiotic and needs to stop. This insisting that the pick and all their picks are good because they've done a good job in turning around this franchise is even more naive thank thinking we hate somebody because we disagree with one pick. Quit projecting your thoughts on to me and others though I can't speak for them. 

Bro are you psychotic or something? Lol why are you so butt hurt? I’m not attacking you. That was such a crazy response that I almost would rather not even address anything you said. 

yes.. 100%..  many people on here and other places (but mostly here) are legit losing their minds and giving up on next season because of 1 pick. This is a forum and I know we are here to discuss a topic. However I can’t discuss a topic because look at your answer to something simple I said that wasn’t even directly for you lmao it was in general.  

yes.. 100% some people want Snead gone after this draft. I have no idea if you are one of them or not lol Either way, again, I have not singled you out lol not sure why you feel so attacked. 

I don’t like the Tutu pick much either. I was stunned they didn’t draft a lineman.. but I’m not a GM. I don’t know what goes on between those walls. I can talk about what I’d like to have done and that’s fine, but y’all are mostly so hurt by this pick that If I were to say “give him a chance” there would be an eruption. I didn’t like many picks last year or in recent drafts but they made me look dumb as hell when the season started. No one ever said anything about their picks being good because they turned the franchise around. You did nothing but put words in my mouth literally that entire time lol there’s many things I don’t like about Snead and Mcvay.. but again I wouldn’t trade them for anyone. We contend every year with them and one year soon.. we will get that damn chip. 

my bad if it seemed to have attacked anyone on here with my last post, I was just pointing out that it would be cool to not lose our minds over one pick.. especially a week after the draft. I’m with you all for the most part that I would have preferred a different WR or OL.. but if this Tutu pick works out then I think he will be a stud. I don’t think there is an in between. He will suck or be something special imo. He’s so fast that I wonder if he could afford to lose a step or two by adding some weight. As for the rest of the draft I actually loved it. I hope they prove me (us) wrong with not taking an OL but we will see. If Mcvay was just being stubborn then that’s a terrible sign for the future. I just personally refuse to believe that the most aggressive coach / gm in the league would Blatantly ignore such a huge hole on our roster.