2021 Franchise Tag Decisions

Broncofan

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Tag for Godwin means Barrett is a FA? Yes pleassssse.

Potentially, but they could also just be closer to a long term deal with him. That's probably how I would have handled that situation 

Just now, Forge said:

Potentially, but they could also just be closer to a long term deal with him. That's probably how I would have handled that situation 

Yea apparently both he and David have had discussions with them about extensions. I certainly don't see Shaq on a different team next season.

Just now, Forge said:

Consider this - Barrett's only reason he didn't consider resigning with Denver was they didn't offer a chance to start with Miller/Chubb there.   He chose Tampa initially because of the opp to start there, he had other similar offers.    He's shown a lot of loyalty to teams that signed him & given him a chance to prove himself.    Tampa isn't going to get a huge discount from him, but he's far more likely to stay in Tampa than leave IMO.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Consider this - Barrett's only reason he didn't consider resigning with Denver was they didn't offer a chance to start with Miller/Chubb there.   He chose Tampa initially because of the opp to start there, he had other similar offers.    He's shown a lot of loyalty to teams that signed him & given him a chance to prove himself.    Tampa isn't going to get a huge discount from him, but he's far more likely to stay in Tampa than leave IMO.     

Apparently Cinci was the only other team to even give him an offer after he left Denver.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Apparently Cinci was the only other team to even give him an offer after he left Denver.

I’d heard he had 2 other offers but maybe that was pre-signing agent talk.   I know a physical issue was raised with Cincy they had a 2-year deal in place.   Their loss. 

18 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

this is definitely a head scratch move. He was average at best I think PFF even rated him 60th in tackles that played last year. to get tagged 14 mil he should be excited for that pay day as they are overpaying for his services if they dont get a long term deal done. Should have traded for Orlando brown with their 2nd 1st rd pick or their 1st 2nd rd pick and pay him would have been an upgrade to what they got in Cam.

5 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

this is definitely a head scratch move. He was average at best I think PFF even rated him 60th in tackles that played last year. to get tagged 14 mil he should be excited for that pay day as they are overpaying for his services if they dont get a long term deal done. Should have traded for Orlando brown with their 2nd 1st rd pick or their 1st 2nd rd pick and pay him would have been an upgrade to what they got in Cam.

He was "fine" last year. The tag amount is less than Dion Dawkins just got last year on his deal.

Unless we had Trent Williams lined up, I'm cool with it. Can't have a rookie coming in and I didn't like any other FA LT more. Only guy that I would've been here for on trade market is Orlando Brown, but again, that takes draft capital+paying him top LT money.