2021 Franchise Tag Decisions

Broncofan

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

Don't think we'll be able to keep all 3. I think you're likely to see Barrett signed to a long-term deal, as FO has been discussing it with him since they tagged him last year. With Brady's contract being extended to relieve the cap hit, I think it'll happen soon with Barrett.

Don't see us paying LD the years/money he's going to want being 32 years old. There was a report not to long ago saying he wanted to 'reset the market' for off-ball LB's. We're not going there with him.

If David wants to set the market - then no go for sure.    That's too bad - David & White are so good at stuffing the run and covering the short stuff - it's a huge reason to the elite play that front 7 offers (Vea being the other major elite piece).   But at age 32, don't blame him if he chases the $.

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Not sure how that is going to work out, I wouldnt be surprised if he sits out unless they land Wilson at QB. No way is he going to want to play under the tag with Foles at QB.

Chicago may not get Wilson, but you can bet a fair amount it's not going to be Nick Foles.    Pace/Nagy's jobs are on the line, there is zero chance it's still Foles there when the dust settles.

It could be Fitzmagic, Winston (if NO doesn't follow through), or even Darnold...or a Rd1 rookie QB (no matter who is left), but I would take any odds on Foles not being the Bears week 1 starter.

22 minutes ago, djw4bucs said:

I just clicked this thread to see if there were any rumors on robinson getting tagged. It’s good they finally show some sign of being in his corner. Hopefully he signs it and we get a 4 year deal signed that isn’t too wild