2021 Franchise Tag Decisions

Broncofan

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Welp

Just proves cap is imaginary. Still 56 mil over cap and they can make this move is baffling. Should have to be under the cap to make moves like this but that is one of the reasons why the nfl needs to change the start of the year on things.

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

i would say "poor arob" but he's the one who signed with the bears in the first place

I mean he wants a long term deal with the Bears, not a franchise tag. I can see the disappointment that this happened.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On the one hand, he's gonna make tens of millions (which was never a doubt, tbh). On the other hand, he still plays for the Bears lol

This article (heavily biased for ARob) seems to be implying that he just wants a good long term deal for security instead of having a franchise tag only.

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-truth-on-allen-robinson

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Still think ARob gets dealt.

Any team but Chicago, maybe.

But Pace and Nagy are on the hot seat in a massive way.   It might benefit the org for 2022+ to deal ARob, but it hurts their 2021 chances.  Which is all that Pace & Nagy likely care about.  It's the very real risk associated with not letting a GM/HC go 1 offseason too early, but too late (see:  BOB & Houston for the worst case outcome).

• Like 1