Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

16 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Besides what @Deadpulsealready mentioned, I would say that if you can survive Covid, you’ll be fine getting the shot.

If the shot is going to be as bad a Covid,  why get the shot?

And I'm only talking about someone that has bad reactions to shots

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Where are you getting the ridiculous idea that the shot is as bad as Covid? 

You get the shot so that you don’t have to deal with the short term and long term effects of Covid. The chances of getting a bad allergic reaction is low. But that’s why they have you wait 15 minutes afterwards. And that’s only the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Outpost can also choose to get J&J shot instead.

22 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Because other people exist on this planet other than you. And if you don't get the vaccine you might unknowingly transfer COVID to someone who dies from it, or transfers it to someone else who dies from it, etc.

The bottom line is if you have an ounce of care of any other person in this world AND you have no medical reason NOT to get vaccinated: get friggin vaccinated.

I would be SO friggin livid if I was close to anyone who was high risk and couldn't get the vaccine for medical reasons knowing how selfish other people are.

Like Jesus, people. People are DYING. Get the vaccine. Otherwise there's probably a pretty decent chance you could be somewhere in the responsibility chain of someone's death.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Where are you getting the ridiculous idea that the shot is as bad as Covid? 

You get the shot so that you don’t have to deal with the short term and long term effects of Covid. The chances of getting a bad allergic reaction is low. But that’s why they have you wait 15 minutes afterwards. And that’s only the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Outpost can also choose to get J&J shot instead.

Oh so the chances of Outpost having a negative reaction are low even though he can't take anything without having a reaction? 

What are his chances of catching and dying from Covid if he is around mostly vaccinated people? 

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because other people exist on this planet other than you. And if you don't get the vaccine you might unknowingly transfer COVID to someone who dies from it, or transfers it to someone else who dies from it, etc.

The bottom line is if you have an ounce of care of any other person in this world AND you have no medical reason NOT to get vaccinated: get friggin vaccinated.

I would be SO friggin livid if I was close to anyone who was high risk and couldn't get the vaccine for medical reasons knowing how selfish other people are.

Like Jesus, people. People are DYING. Get the vaccine. Otherwise there's probably a pretty decent chance you could be somewhere in the responsibility chain of someone's death.

55 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

@Xenossaid if you can survive Covid, the vaccine shouldn't be a problem. Aka getting the shot should be easier than getting Covid.

I'm not sure if you meant to quote them or not, but I'm confused how you turned his statement into the vaccine being equally as bad as Covid. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

@Xenossaid if you can survive Covid, the vaccine shouldn't be a problem. Aka getting the shot should be easier than getting Covid.

I'm not sure if you meant to quote them or not, but I'm confused how you turned his statement into the vaccine being equally as bad as Covid. 

I'm only referring to Outpost's situation.  He had Covid and other than losing his smell (which would suck) he got through it OK. From what he's saying any little thing that he takes he has a bad reaction to it.  It makes sense that the Covid shot which makes a lot of people feel rough for a day would be worse for him.  Maybe not worse than Covid but it could be. 

I guess I'll put a disclaimer in bold letters next time

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm only referring to Outpost's situation.  He had Covid and other than losing his smell (which would suck) he got through it OK. From what he's saying any little thing that he takes he has a bad reaction to it.  It makes sense that the Covid shot which makes a lot of people feel rough for a day would be worse for him.  Maybe not worse than Covid but it could be. 

I guess I'll put a disclaimer in bold letters next time

Right but you replied to someone saying "if you can survive Covid, you'll be fine getting the shot" to Outpost's situation. That doesn't equal Covid and the shot being equally as bad., it's the opposite. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Oh so the chances of Outpost having a negative reaction are low even though he can't take anything without having a reaction? 

What are his chances of catching and dying from Covid if he is around mostly vaccinated people? 

If his area has a high vaccination rate then he should be okay. But I still wouldn’t take the chance personally. At the end of the day, he should do what his doctor tells him to do. 

4 minutes ago, Xenos said:

If his area has a high vaccination rate then he should be okay. But I still wouldn’t take the chance personally. At the end of the day, he should do what his doctor tells him to do. 

Personally I think he should do what he's comfortable with

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Right but you replied to someone saying "if you can survive Covid, you'll be fine getting the shot" to Outpost's situation. That doesn't equal Covid and the shot being equally as bad., it's the opposite. 

How does the reaction from Covid relate to the reaction from a vaccine? Couldn't there be something in the vaccine that he has a reaction to that has nothing to do with virus.  

I'm just going by his symptoms

11 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How does the reaction from Covid relate to the reaction from a vaccine? Couldn't there be something in the vaccine that he has a reaction to that has nothing to do with virus.  

I'm just going by his symptoms

I'm strictly asking how you got "If the shot is going to be as bad as Covid, why get the shot?" out of "I would say that if you can survive Covid, you'll be fine getting the shot". The post you replied to was discussing the exact same situation you were.

Either you misread what was posted or you were trying to turn it into something that it wasn't to further a narrative. I'm hoping it's the former, because he was correct with his assessment.

Edited by JonStark

8 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I'm strictly asking how you got "If the shot is going to be as bad as Covid, why get the shot?" out of "I would say that if you can survive Covid, you'll be fine getting the shot". The post you replied to was discussing the exact same situation you were.

Either you misread what was posted or you were trying to turn it into something that it wasn't to further a narrative. I'm hoping it's the former, because he was correct with his assessment.

I might be misreading the severity of his reactions or by what he meant by being fine getting the shot

41 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Personally I think he should do what he's comfortable with

If his doctor recommends that he gets the vaccine because the benefit outweigh the risks, he should get it for himself as well as to protect others.

Edited by Xenos

Sad that this is the only way vaccination rates will go up.

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/13/1015581093/covid-cases-in-parts-of-missouri-and-arkansas-surge-to-levels-not-seen-since-win

Vaccination rates have risen slowly but steadily in this part of Missouri. Mercy Hospital Springfield is seeing more demand for vaccination appointments in recent days, officials said, and is now vaccinating roughly 250 people per day, up from about 150 earlier in the summer. 

"Gradually in the past week or couple weeks we have seen a small increase in the number of people who are interested. I think hopefully they're realizing this is a pretty serious situation," Dr. Nancy Yoon, chief medical officer for the Springfield-Greene County Health Department, told NPR member station KCUR.