Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

While still not wearing a mask because they’re arguing in bad faith.

It’s never been about facts, it’s about their feelings.

It really is an interesting scenario. Some people just literally choose to not be any part of the solution, and somehow don't realize how selfish they are being. 

"Alright we have three courses of action. Best one would be to get the shot"
"Sorry, can't do that"
"Alright how about wearing a mask?"
"Nope, can't breathe"
"Well then we'll have to go into lockdown again"
"LET US LIVE!"

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JonStark said:

It really is an interesting scenario. Some people just literally choose to not be any part of the solution, and somehow don't realize how selfish they are being. 

"Alright we have three courses of action. Best one would be to get the shot"
"Sorry, can't do that"
"Alright how about wearing a mask?"
"Nope, can't breathe"
"Well then we'll have to go into lockdown again"
"LET US LIVE!"

It’s not even choosing to not be a part of the solution, it’s embracing the idea of actively being the problem.

The want to crap in the community pool repeatedly and get irate when anyone wants to do anything to prevent the crap going in the water or tries to clean up their **** because they don’t want to swim in it.

And then the cherry on top is despite all their hatred for intellectuals, and distrust of medical science and doctors, they inevitably flood the hospitals when they can’t breath. It’s smooth brain logic on all sides.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’d say the school, as most places, are covering their arse. If something goes sideways they can say that they have had meetings about it and done everything they could to encourage masks. At the same time they don’t face the backlash of a mandate.

They absolutely are, while simultaneously the Health Department and state legislatures are due to midterm elections as well. Essentially no one wants to be the "bad guy", while knowing that grenades are going to go off in classrooms due to the new CDC flow chart in regards to exclusions (the new term for quarantines).

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep, grow a pair.  Clearly they want everyone in masks, but they just don’t wanna actually insist on it.  

The reality is, local voters who control contracts, funding, and levies (we just passed a renewal that saved 133 jobs, and we have to pass a bond issue in the next 5 years) will be SUPER MAD if they feel like they don't have a say (not all people, but the majority, and that's how democracy works). 

Yeah they want to fence sit. “No one has to do anything thing they don’t want to do, but we tried everything we could think of (except following cdc recommendations)”.

I just find it hilarious that schools, who’ve dictated all kinds of sht before like what clothes students can wear, other vaccines, social media posts of students, etc are now pretending like they want to maximize personal freedoms.  No you don’t, and no you shouldn’t. Maximum personal freedom  and insisting on jamming hundreds of people into a single building in the middle of a pandemic doesn’t work, for anyone.

I have MORE KIDS than I've ever had before (161 students in 6 classes, 30+ in multiple classes) and had to ask for MORE DESKS. And yet, let's all pretend like things are normal, that quarantines won't happen, that this won't turn into an absolute nightmare, and the fallout will be absolutely egregious in the next week or two.

A superintendent that goes against the grain essentially is handing over their contractual fate and professional future to a group of 5 board of education members that likely reflects the climate of the given community. A 3-2 vote against you, and congratulations, you lost your job. Granted, things like this come with the territory of being a high level and usually well compensated administrator, but still.

Thus, there's the paradox:

Do we bow to the will of the people who could nuke the entire school system with their votes, my own professional future and job, and completely alter the landscape of the local community and school system for 10+ years if the levies go the wrong way (10 years is a conservative estimate), or do I do what I feel the right thing is and mandate things that the local health/government doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do?

I’m just picturing some goober trying to pump his fist and holler “HELL YEAH BROTHER!!”, but can’t because he’s intubated and his wrists are strapped to the bed.

Can we start photoshopping American flags on their hospital blankets and the word "freedom" being ventilated into their mouths and nostrils?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

Going back to that whole graph thing of demographics who are vaccinated vs. not and seeing the division of Democrats being heavily vaccinated and Repubs being the least vaccinated group.....

I learned in college history something important that stuck out to me. Apparently George Washington said there was 2 things that could make a democracy with elected officials NOT work

1) Poor foreign relations 

2) A bi-partisan government

WELP George sorry to disappoint you, but your not going to believe this.........

The most important reason was he believed unity, not division, was necessary for a democratic republic to survive. Washington believed that political parties would divide and destroy the young United States.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Going back to that whole graph thing of demographics who are vaccinated vs. not and seeing the division of Democrats being heavily vaccinated and Repubs being the least vaccinated group.....

I learned in college history something important that stuck out to me. Apparently George Washington said there was 2 things that could make a democracy with elected officials NOT work

WELP George sorry to disappoint you, but your not going to believe this.........

The most important reason was he believed unity, not division, was necessary for a democratic republic to survive. Washington believed that political parties would divide and destroy the young United States.

Funny, I know a guy on this forum who posts semi-regularly (albeit not as much during the fall), who falls almost exactly in Quadrant 4 of the political spectrum as this guy does. @LETSGOBROWNIES @ramssuperbowl99 I'm smirking for no real reason.

^^ TBH, life looks a lot easier for the stupid people right now. We see them running around oblivious to their surroundings without a care in the world. What few problems they might have can be blamed on a fictitious boogyman that the TV news-entertainment bozo told them about. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

^^ TBH, life looks a lot easier for the stupid people right now. We see them running around oblivious to their surroundings without a care in the world. What few problems they might have can be blamed on a fictitious boogyman that the TV news-entertainment bozo told them about. 

Dude....I scrolled through social media last night and there was a video of a guy saying that this was all a conspiracy--the government wanted people to take the vaccine, see hope during the summer and knowingly go right back into lockdown during the winter because the Vaccine apparently destroys people. 

He said this is the beginning of the long awaited New World Order.

And the post had something like 250k likes on it with a girl sobbing in the background.

what-are-we-doing-whats-going-on.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

George and the rest of the founding fathers would be disgusted by the system in place today.

8 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Can we start photoshopping American flags on their hospital blankets and the word "freedom" being ventilated into their mouths and nostrils?

Okay, this is actually hilarious to picture. 

• Like 3