Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, JonStark said:

I've definitely never dismissed it as a possible solution once you get the virus (when used correctly), but I'll absolutely dismiss anyone who uses it as a reason not to get the vaccine. It doesn't have to be one or the other like most people are making it out to be. 

I want as many solutions so as we can get that we can finally move on from this thing. I don't care about being right or getting to say I told you so to the anti-vaxxers as much as I want us to be able to get back to normal, and if Ivermectin or another drug gets them to actually do their part, then I'm all for it. 

Oh I never implied it as a means to not get vaccinated and I hope I didn't come across that way. 

In this thread, there have been many who mocked the use of it and used it as another attack on a group of people who think differently from them b/c... you know, tolerance.. and I wanted to supply information, that's all.

I am w/ you as well in that I want this whole thing gone but IMO, it's not going away any time soon and will be something we have to deal w/ as a result. I think the improvement of treatments is something that we need and if this turns out to be one of them, excellent. Fingers crossed that it does.

Again, I know my example is anecdotal but we did have a good laugh when discussing it just now. Misinformation is a horrible, horrible thing. Obviously it should be Rx'd by a medical professional and people are stupid for doing things on their own.

• Like 1

Just now, ET80 said:

I agree with this 100% - if you're going to a doctor and this is the course of action they recommend, then have at it. The doctor has the required knowledge to make such a judgement call (and they know the difference between human pill, horse paste and sheep juice... y'know, that's a big one).

People trying to circumvent medicine by buying something with no real understanding on what they're buying or what they're administering? They deserve whatever comes at them, IMO.

TL;DR version - listen to your doctor for Pete's sake.

Of course, the most ironic part of this whole thing is that people will only listen to their doctor if their doctor is recommending something that confirms their previous bias. Doctor says get vaccinated? "No way man I don't know what's in that!". Doctor says to take Ivermectin? "I don't need more information about that, I'm taking it!"

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I would refer you to my post above - the mocking of Ivermectin as a COVID treatment is because:

1. It is not recommended by the scientific community as a COVID treatment
  2. People are primarily taking the version of Ivermectin designed for animals because they're really, really stupid

If you are going to a doctor asking for Ivermectin and they can properly prescribe, dose and give you Ivermectin to treat COVID (assuming they actually agree to that), then more power to you.

But also, as @JonStarksaid, you should be getting vaccinated vs. relying on an unproven treatment to deal with COVID after you get it.

Well a couple members of the medical community suggested it to my friend and it might've saved his life. It could be purely coincidental though. I just found out someone was awarded a Nobel Prize for discovering the use of the drugs in humans in 2015 also. Interesting stuff....

I know Joe Rogan just got over Covid, unvaxed, in 3 days but it sounds like they threw the kitchen sink at him. His next podcast will be heavily listened to and I'm sure he'll mention his taking it in there as well.

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Oh I never implied it as a means to not get vaccinated and I hope I didn't come across that way. 

In this thread, there have been many who mocked the use of it and used it as another attack on a group of people who think differently from them b/c... you know, tolerance.. and I wanted to supply information, that's all.

I am w/ you as well in that I want this whole thing gone but IMO, it's not going away any time soon and will be something we have to deal w/ as a result. I think the improvement of treatments is something that we need and if this turns out to be one of them, excellent. Fingers crossed that it does.

Again, I know my example is anecdotal but we did have a good laugh when discussing it just now. Misinformation is a horrible, horrible thing. Obviously it should be Rx'd by a medical professional and people are stupid for doing things on their own.

Nah I didn't mean you, but the people I work with think it's going to be a miracle cure and that it's soooooo much safer than the vaccine. I'm fine openly mocking them to their face. And the people that take the animal version, well they deserve to be mocked until the day they die. 

Nothing wrong with wanting to see the Ivermectin thing through as long as you have a clear mind about it. Unfortunately, not many people on that side of the fence do.

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Well a couple members of the medical community suggested it to my friend and it might've saved his life. It could be purely coincidental though. I just found out someone was awarded a Nobel Prize for discovering the use of the drugs in humans in 2015 also. Interesting stuff....

I know Joe Rogan just got over Covid, unvaxed, in 3 days but it sounds like they threw the kitchen sink at him. His next podcast will be heavily listened to and I'm sure he'll mention his taking it in there as well.

The monoclonal antibody treatment cured him, and that's something only the wealthy can really afford. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm just saying, getting vaccinated in the first place could have also saved his life. 

28 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

So I got some interesting news for y'all making fun of people using Invermectin that I just found out about.

My old sales manager (and CEO of the company prior to the merger)  is a Type 1 diabetic and got Covid very, very badly about 6-7 months ago. His oxygen levels were close to death according to him. After symptoms didn't seem to be getting better after a week, he started consulting other doctors and one suggested Invermectin. After my guy started inquiring about it, he opted to not take it and consult another doctor. New Dr says the same thing although he's reserved about it so my guy says "screw it" and takes it. Said w/in 2 days, he had seen the biggest turnaround ever kicked it completely only 4 days after.

I know it's anecdotal but something to think about when we're making fun of "PaTRioTs" for wanting to take it and he's as far on the opposite side of that spectrum as you can get.

It was a good conversation we just had.......

Going to a doctor and being prescribed something under medical supervision, even if studies show it has a complete lack of efficacy, is a whole lot different from people going down to their local Farm & Fleet and buying some sheep drench or horse paste, and dosing themselves based on the recommendations of their Facebook group while refusing to see a doctor.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Going to a doctor and being prescribed something under medical supervision, even if studies show it has a complete lack of efficacy, is a whole lot different from people going down to their local Farm & Fleet and buying some sheep drench or horse paste, and dosing themselves based on the recommendations of their Facebook group while refusing to see a doctor.

Agreed but that first part gets conveniently left out of a lot of discussions when mocking people taking it. Feel like it's better to inform people than not to inform them but that's just me.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wait....what? But Ivermectin was known?

Correct. He got Covid late last year I believe it was. I knew he had it for a long time but it wasn't until our conversation today that we knew he took Invermectin since it's in the news and all. Looking through my Teams history, he was in the hospital w/ 73% oxygen levels on Oct 27th last year according to the message I read.

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Wait....what? But Ivermectin was known?

In June 2020, a study was released showing that Ivermectin treatment seemed successful with in vitro COVID cells

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32251768/

It became a bit of an off label use after that, as doctors were scrambling for anything that could help with last ditch cases.

Further research has shown no real link and doctors have stopped using it, for the most part.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Agreed but that first part gets conveniently left out of a lot of discussions when mocking people taking it. Feel like it's better to inform people than not to inform them but that's just me.

The first part gets “conveniently left out” because the overwhelming majority of doctors treating COVID, even those who previously have used ivermectin, have stopped doing so because the data shows no evidence of it working unless you prescribe lethal doses. The overwhelming majority of people taking ivermectin at this stage are doing so by procuring livestock medications and self dosing.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, pwny said:
16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The first part gets “conveniently left out” because the overwhelming majority of doctors treating COVID, even those who previously have used ivermectin, have stopped doing so because the data shows no evidence of it working unless you prescribe lethal doses.

This is what drives me nuts:

- People will bypass a vaccine because of "the unknown" of what this vaccine will do to people.

- People want to take a medication that is "known" ...to be very dangerous in doses that would actually provide benefit.

Seriously, in what universe does that make sense? 

• Like 4