Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

No, just seemed like a “pot calling the kettle black” situation since you not only admitted to getting news from a far less reliable source, but have continued to spread half truths from said less reliable source in this thread.

I didnt post a TikTok. I posted a story from one of the legacy media sources. I looked into it because of TikTok.

And that’s the only thing I’ve posted that had anything to do with TikTok. And I would tell you if it wasn’t. My TikTok feed is mostly people fighting and hoes dancing. Most of the things I post come from various podcasts.

3 hours ago, Xenos said:

Why are vaccination rates still so low for pregnant women?

https://news.yahoo.com/pregnancy-and-covid-why-are-vaccination-rates-so-low-195344880.html

That’s very concerning.

My daughter had the vaccine during pregnancy. My grandson is 3 months old.

He’s healthy and no evidence to date that he’s beaming signals to the mothership.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Listening to a discussion on the Rolling Stone hoax about hospitals being overrun with Ivermectin ODs and it suddenly hit me. Several years ago Rolling Stone also published a hoax about a gang rape at the University of Virginia. These people should be treated the same way Infowars is.

That was reported by a lot of people with zero follow up or vetting of facts apparently.

Youre not wrong for criticizing that half assed attempt at journalism.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

That’s very concerning.

He’s healthy and no evidence to date that he’s beaming signals to the mothership.

I get the hesitancy at first especially for something as delicate as pregnancy. But we now know that the vaccine’s benefits far outweigh the risks. And they need to keep hammering this fact down because pregnant women are one of the most at risk of having issues from Covid.

4 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Listening to a discussion on the Rolling Stone hoax about hospitals being overrun with Ivermectin ODs and it suddenly hit me. Several years ago Rolling Stone also published a hoax about a gang rape at the University of Virginia. These people should be treated the same way Infowars is.

Except in the past they've done decent journalism. Problem is all it takes is one or two royal cockups like these to ruin years of building your brand and reputation.

Don't know if they are Infowars level, but I would put them now in the "treat as highly skeptical unless backed up by other sources" category.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

This is really stupid and horrible. Where’s the common sense?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/appeals-court-rules-favor-florida-174158901.html

A Florida appeals court ruled on Friday in favor of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, issuing a stay in a case that effectively reinstates his ban on mask mandates in the state's public schools to the dismay of many parents and teachers.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think the appeals court thought the parents suing DeSantis would lose so the court order the stay revoked. While we could argue whether this is good or not, it is how the legal system works. That may not be how we want it to work, but that's a totally separate discussion.

It does seem the parents are appealing to the state Supreme Court, but in the meantime the mask mandate ban is back in place.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Is a basic *** WaPo article, what were you expecting?

(that was me jokingly saying "thank you for the article but I cannot like your post because of what it contained as I found that deeply depressing" ... sorry if that got lost in my backhanded humor)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Woz said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I think the appeals court thought the parents suing DeSantis would lose so the court order the stay revoked. While we could argue whether this is good or not, it is how the legal system works. That may not be how we want it to work, but that's a totally separate discussion.

It does seem the parents are appealing to the state Supreme Court, but in the meantime the mask mandate ban is back in place.

Yes that makes sense. But still the decision….

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

1 hour ago, diehardlionfan said:
5 hours ago, Xenos said:

Why are vaccination rates still so low for pregnant women?

https://news.yahoo.com/pregnancy-and-covid-why-are-vaccination-rates-so-low-195344880.html

That’s very concerning.

There was an article I read a few years back that there were realistically two times in a person's life when their brand loyalties could be changed: when they first moved out on their own away from their parents, and when they expected their first child. The latter case is because the soon-to-be parents have zero understanding or frame of reference to know what's coming and so they depend on outside sources ... and get inundated with countless data points.

As any parent will tell you, you end up with umpteen different things you should or shouldn't do. This is just yet another point of uncertainty, which is ramped up due to the overlap of the pandemic and their pregnancy. The last thing a new parent wants to do is think they made a bad decision that will harm their child over their lifetime. I'm not necessarily defending the decision not to vaccinate here but I can understand the hesitancy as it is just another massive decision they need to make in an even-in-non-COVID-scenario scary time.

• Like 2