Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

Just now, vikesfan89 said:

Is the NFL going to require fans to be vaccinated or will that be based off of state regulations? 

State regulations. In CA for example, private businesses have three options: 1) honor system, 2) electronic verification, or 3) have people still mask up.

8 minutes ago, Xenos said:

State regulations. In CA for example, private businesses have three options: 1) honor system, 2) electronic verification, or 3) have people still mask up.

Electronic verification means they test to see if you are generating an internet signal, and if you are, they know you are vaccinated, right?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Electronic verification means they test to see if you are generating an internet signal, and if you are, they know you are vaccinated, right?

Yes. They may also see if metal stick to you 😂

27 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I went to a baseball game in Minnesota and non vaccinated people were encouraged to mask up and that was it

Daily free updates:

• A British government study said that 90 percent of new coronavirus cases in the country are the delta variant and it is growing rapidly according to test results from 100,000 people — further justification to postpone the total reopening that had been set for June 21.
  • A coronavirus vaccine candidate invented by CureVac, a German company, was just 47 percent effective at its interim analysis, a disappointing result that may highlight the challenge posed by virus variants.
  • The European Union will recommend lifting restrictions on U.S. travelers on Friday, a long-anticipated move that will allow a return to near-normal travel to and from the continent for the first time since the pandemic began, according to diplomats.
  • Doctors in Indonesia, who were all inoculated with China’s Sinovac coronavirus vaccine, say that increasing numbers of them are still falling sick with the virus, casting further doubts over the vaccine’s effectiveness.
  • Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), with his Cabinet’s backing, granted pardons to people charged with flouting local rules requiring masks and social distancing.
  • Singapore, which has one of the highest inoculation rates in Asia, is reconsidering a plan to move further out of limited lockdown next week as it battles a small but virulent cluster of infections.
  • The United States reported a seven-day rolling average of 12,390 new cases Wednesday, a 23.6 percent decrease from the previous week. Deaths fell by 28 percent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/17/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

Paywalled:

The quest for a pill to fight viruses gets a $3.2 billion boost

Antiviral drugs could help bring this pandemic to a close — and prepare for the next one.

Before this pandemic is over, scientists are preparing to fight the next one.

Borrowing from the model used to create drugs that transformed HIV from a death sentence into a manageable disease, the Biden administration plans to announce Thursday a $3.2 billion plan to stock the medicine cabinet with drugs that would be ready to treat future viral threats — whether a hemorrhagic fever, influenza or another coronavirus.  Last week, the administration committed $1.2 billion to buy 1.7 million doses of molnupiravir, an antiviral developed by Merck and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics, if it is authorized. The drug integrates itself into the virus’s genetic code and interferes with the ability of the coronavirus to multiply, leading to “error catastrophe.” ........drugs in clinical development from Merck, Pfizer, Atea Pharmaceuticals and other companies. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/06/17/drugs-for-covid/

• Like 1

Like I assume most places, KC is using the honor system for masking up in public. I think I've seen maybe 5 masks this past week between the gym and a couple of concerts. The state is ~37% fully vaccinated and hospitalizations are going up with the delta variant being dominant in parts of the state. Bars are packed from what I've seen on Snapchat.

While I wish ill on no one, I won't feel bad at all for anyone who gets sick and hasn't gotten the vaccine without a legit medical reason -- which an allergy to PEG and polysorbate is the only one I know of.

• Like 1