Covid-19 News/Discussion

bucsfan333

This probably isn’t the end of this type of lawsuit. But given the stupid remarks the plaintiffs made, I feel like it should be the end.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1270597

Hughes also knocks down a comparison to forced medical experiments in Nazi Germany.

"Equating the injection requirement to medical experimentation in concentration camps is reprehensible," she wrote.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:32 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Myocarditis (nih.gov)

If a COVID death rate of 0.2-2.0% (no idea what's accurate with these websites and reports) is alarming then the heart inflammation should be alarming as well.

You notice how the quotes you posted mention fulminant lymphocytic myocarditis, giant cell myocarditis, eosinophilic myocarditis and irreversible myocardial injury? Yeah, that’s not the myocarditis that is being seen, at all.

These cases have been in the 16-24 age range. 11.9 million people in that age range have been fully vaccinated. Meanwhile, exactly three have been in ICU for myocarditis. That’s a 0.000025% rate of severe incident.

So no, a 0.0000025% rate for severe hospitalization and three total cases is not comparable to 2% death rate resulting in 3.8M global deaths. They’re quite literally a million times different. 

• Like 5

On 6/12/2021 at 9:11 AM, MookieMonstah said:

I think it further proved that a huge chunk of this country literally does not understand basic science. It’s actually alarming how dumb some people are. The Fauci emails were in no way a “gotcha”. In fact half the big “gotcha” moments were INCOMING emails that Fauci never responded to. 

I’m pretty passed the point of patience with these people, if you don’t understand trial and error or basic reading comprehension please just let the adults talk. 

Where in any post did I say the emails were a "gotcha?"  How about having a little respect instead of working out your frustrations on myself and anyone else who may have a different opinion than your own.  You are not the arbiter of the truth, and I don't claim to be either.  Is there some reason we can't just look for the truth together in a spirit of cooperation? 

I, too, am sick and tired of the people who have always preached "open-mindedness" being the ones who will not even consider the possibility that they may have something left to learn. 

As far as "adults" are concerned, I'm quite certain that I am older than you are.

Finally, "basic science" is easy - when you are working with correct data.  Time will tell if the data you accept as gospel is worthy of the trust you put in it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Buck said:

Where in any post did I say the emails were a "gotcha?"  How about having a little respect instead of working out your frustrations on myself and anyone else who may have a different opinion than your own.  You are not the arbiter of the truth, and I don't claim to be either.  Is there some reason we can't just look for the truth together in a spirit of cooperation? 

I, too, am sick and tired of the people who have always preached "open-mindedness" being the ones who will not even consider the possibility that they may have something left to learn. 

As far as "adults" are concerned, I'm quite certain that I am older than you are.

Finally, "basic science" is easy - when you are working with correct data.  Time will tell if the data you accept as gospel is worthy of the trust you put in it. 

Why do you think he was talking about you? 
In terms of what you’re trying to say, yes there’s sometimes shades of grey. While other times, it’s pretty black and white what the truth is. And Fauci’s emails are pretty black and white.

Just now, Xenos said:

Why do you think he was talking about you? 
In terms of what you’re trying to say, yes there’s sometimes shades of grey. While other times, it’s pretty black and white what the truth is. And Fauci’s emails are pretty black and white.

The fact that he was quoting me may have had something to do with it. 

As far as Fauci's emails are concerned, we'll see.  As I said before, I'm not going to comment until I've done more research. 

52 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The fact that he was quoting me may have had something to do with it. 

As far as Fauci's emails are concerned, we'll see.  As I said before, I'm not going to comment until I've done more research. 

Except that in your original post that he was quoting, you were literally asking everyone their opinions about the Fauci emails. So I don’t understand  what the issue is since he was answering your question.

Edit: also with regards to Fauci’s emails, I’m not sure what more research can be done other than reading them since you were given the link. And your other response in another post about posting your questions and findings about the emails here being not permitted was also confusing.

Edited by Xenos

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Please, spare me. "What do all of our "scientists" think of Faucis emails?". That was your quote. You're gaslighting. You and I and everyone else in this thread knows you were trying to imply that Faucis emails were some big gotcha moment, your passive aggressive "scientists" comment spelled it out loud and clear.

I do preach being open-minded, you don't get to be "open-minded" about a pandemic or the science behind it. You don't get to cry conspiracy theories and then claim others aren't "open-minded" because they won't take your ridiculous comments and theories seriously. Here you go again, "may have something left to learn" as if one day the world will know the truth about Fauci being a pawn and orange man was actually trying to save us all from his evils. 

I literally can't do it anymore. Masks work, the vaccine is safe. It's so hard to watch idiots talk in circles when these things so clearly work. We are literally re-creating the movie "Idiocracy" and it's absolutely painful to watch. Its like I walked into the local dive bar in Alabama. I've got some guy yelling about Faucis emails and some guy talking about how a decrease in the Flu means COVID is fake. I mean for the love of god you people are exhausting. 

Edited by MookieMonstah
  • Like 5

On 6/12/2021 at 11:43 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Suicide attempts rose among adolescent girls during pandemic, ER data suggest - CNN

And while the vaccine CEOs and politicians make loads of money during the pandemic, there is zero to very little attempt to help out with America's mental health.

If only there were a way to fix both of these issues simultaneously….

• Like 3

Lotsa free updates:

• Novavax, a Maryland biotechnology company, announced 90 percent efficacy against illness, including against variants, for its two-shot coronavirus vaccine in a 30,000-person trial in the United States and Mexico — and it’s easy to store. Novavax says it will soon apply for regulatory clearance.
  • President Biden vowed Sunday that the United States would continue to supply coronavirus vaccines to the world’s poorest countries, hinting that the nation may “be in a position to provide another billion” doses over the next two years.
  • British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to announce Monday that England’s plan to completely end coronavirus curbs on June 21 will be delayed due to a spike in delta variant cases, according to numerous media reports.
  • The Dubai Health Authority said over the weekend that 20 percent of those testing positive for the coronavirus had already been vaccinated, in the latest sign of the challenges faced by vaccination programs that relied heavily on the Chinese Sinopharm vaccine.
  • A federal judge on Saturday dismissed a lawsuit filed by 117 staffers at Houston Methodist over the hospital’s coronavirus vaccine requirement for employees.
  • In the United States, the covid-19 death toll is nearing 600,000, with the latest deaths coming as much of the country is opening up.
  • The United States reported a seven-day rolling average of 14,665 new cases on Sunday, a slight increase from the previous week. The number of reported tests has fallen by about 23 percent in the last week.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/06/14/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 12:21 PM, BayRaider said:

Any updates on NovaVax? And have they ever addressed Salk Institute’s research that the spike protein, without the virus being attached, will still wreck havoc on the body? As NovaVax will inject the spike protein. I saw many PhD’s voicing their concern for NovaVax on the original Salk Institute tweet. NovaVax has not released any statement. 

I haven’t followed it at all. I only remember reading that it uses a similar approach as the flu and HPV vaccines.

Obviously this was the big news today.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/06/14/1006094476/novavax-says-its-covid-vaccine-is-extremely-effective-efficacy