Green Bay Packers 2017 Draft Pick Watch

Packer_ESP

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Seattle, Carolina, Green Bay, Dallas and ATL all finished 10-6 it would go to conference record. ATL would be guaranteed a spot as to record 10 wins they would have 3 NFC losses

ties are broken within divisions first.

if carolina beats atl in the last game of the year, they will be ranked ahead of them in the division. and then atl wont even be compared with other teams

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

want ATL out. They have a H2H win against us, the least amount of conference losses and make our common opponent W/L worse. We want them 9-7, not 10-6.

i should have said IF the falcons go 10-6, we are ok as long as carolina goes 10-6 and beats atl in their last game.

def if atl goes 9-7, its preferred

31 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Seattle, Carolina, Green Bay, Dallas and ATL all finished 10-6 it would go to conference record

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine/_/results/400951557~1~400951734~2~400951692~2~400951777~2~400951602~1~400951741~2~400951750~1~400951792~1~400951764~2~400951561~2~400951784~1~400951816~2~400951814~2~400951811~1~400951793~1~400951709~1~400951667~2~400951808~2~400951806~1~400951647~2~400951689~1~400951652~1~400951759~2~400951613~1~400951637~2

heres an example of that scenario that would play out if carolina beat atlanta in the last game and all 4 of those were tied at 10-6. seattle and gb would make it

Just now, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Kamara is better than Freeman/Coleman. With the defense GB is trotting out this year they would get absolutely annihilated @NO. I'd feel better about LA/MIN, but IMO they have no chance @ATL or @NO.

I have more evidence to suggest we'd keep Kamara in check than you have to suggest he'd destroy us. 

Every single year people say, "Oh, I don't want to play this pass catching running back because he'll destroy us." 

Every single year, we stop that pass catching running back. 

Woodhead was gonna destroy us.  He had 21 yards receiving. 

Coleman had 2 catches for 3 yards. 

Even Leveon Bell didn't go absolutely crazy with yardage on us. 

There are plenty of reasons to fear what our defense is going to do in the playoffs.  Running backs aren't one of them. 

It's just annoying sometimes.  Receivers kill us.  Running backs don't. 

would you prefer he said the "top 5 OL of the saints and Kamara and Ingram" rather than just Kamara?

Zeke Elliott killed us last year in the game at GB.  Kamara isn't a "pass catching" RB either.  He's just a very good RB who can catch passes well.

Kamara already roasted us once for 14 touches and 107 yards while ingram kicked in with a less efficient 110 of his own on 26 touches.

Freeman and Coleman had nice games in the torching @ Atlanta this year also.  2 catches for 3, but don't forget the 6 carries for 42.

This defense isn't good enough to stop highly skilled players, regardless of their position.

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

would you prefer he said the "top 5 OL of the saints and Kamara and Ingram" rather than just Kamara?

Zeke Elliott killed us last year in the game at GB.  Kamara isn't a "pass catching" RB either.  He's just a very good RB who can catch passes well.

Kamara already roasted us once for 14 touches and 107 yards while ingram kicked in with a less efficient 110 of his own on 26 touches.

Freeman and Coleman had nice games in the torching @ Atlanta this year also.  2 catches for 3, but don't forget the 6 carries for 42.

This defense isn't good enough to stop highly skilled players, regardless of their position.

Russell Wilson - 158 yards, 69.7 RTG (-100 yards from avg., -27 RTG from average)

Jordan Howard - 2 games - 53.5 ypg, 3.25 ypc (-20 ypg from avg., -1.0 ypc from average)

Mike Evans - 3 catches - 33 yards (-33 yards from avg., -2 catches from average)

I get they aren't spectacular and tend to underperform, but enough with the hyperbole.

Your acting like they are the worst defense in the league. 

And this is all while having the 26th worst plays per game and the 27th worst TOP on offense. And those are counting Rodgers stats too. It's presumably much worse since he got hurt

I'm not even defending Capers.  I dislike him as much as or more than anybody.  I just hate the stupid hyperbole.

"Oh, so and so is going to kill us, destroy us, rip our pants down and thoroughly enjoy... Playing us." 

It's stupid and not true.  @skibrett15, you listed three examples of runnning backs torching us.  107 yards from scrimmage isn't torching us at all.  The best running back in the game had 80 some receiving yards.  That's REALLY not that bad, and it's REALLY not evidence to suggest we struggle against all skill positions because we don't. 

Kamara literally had under his season average in receiving yardage, but he somehow torched us and you're telling me he torched us when he was held under his season average in receiving yards.

"Don't forget 6 carries for 42 yards."  I remember the one carry for 35 yards and then the 5 carries for 7 yards.  Almost like the Packers allowed one bad running play and then one 17 yard running play to Freeman.  I'll take a 17 yard run and a 35 yard run if my run defense gives up 74 yards on 23 carries the rest of the way. 

I'll take Jordan Howard running for 53 yards on 18 carries.  Then 54 yards on 18 carries.

Two running backs have had GOOD games against us.  Bell and Elliot.  If you think two GOOD, not INSANE games against the top two running backs in the league is evidence to suggest we're bad at stopping running backs, that's on you.  I'll take literally all the other games of us holding backs under season average performances as evidence to suggest that running backs are the one skill position we're fully capable of holding in check.

So quit the hyperbole.  If you want to play the accurate pessimist, stop predicting running backs going for a billion yards against us and look instead to the receivers.  And to get back to what this all started out as, the Saints receivers are a billion times less intimidating than the Falcons receivers. 

Packers historian Cliff Christl with some commentary on previous playoff runs vs steep odds

http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-cliffs-notes/article-1/Packers-on-familiar-terrain-heading-into-final-month/20062899-c290-48eb-b61f-29ad4699fec3

"But the Packers have been here before and maybe more often than any other team in the NFL over the last quarter-century.

Since the Packers ended an 11-year playoff drought in 1993, Ron Wolf and Mike Holmgren’s second year together, they’ve made the playoffs 19 times in 24 seasons and they’ve faced comparably desperate situations several times before. This also is a franchise that had to come from behind by winning must games down the stretch in two of Vince Lombardi’s six postseason appearances."

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

Kamara is better than Freeman/Coleman. With the defense GB is trotting out this year they would get absolutely annihilated @NO. I'd feel better about LA/MIN, but IMO they have no chance @ATL or @NO.

Just this year? This defense always gets annihilated in the playoffs or can't get a stop in OT or the opposing team's final drive. With the exception of 2010 this defense has let this team down every single time.  

1 minute ago, strat1080 said:

Just this year? This defense always gets annihilated in the playoffs or can't get a stop in OT or the opposing team's final drive. With the exception of 2010 this defense has let this team down every single time.  

With the exception of the season we won our last game we were let down. What a revelation :)

Unfortunately our offense and special teams were likely more at fault than our defense overall.

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Refs handed that game to Atlanta. Was unwatchable

Veeerrrry ticky-tack roughing the passer call to give Atlanta their first touchdown, constant flags against the Saints' secondary but not against Atlanta, and then the end.  Atlanta should be 7-6

Archived