NFL Free Agency 2021

KingTitan

42 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yup. Easily. He will always share a space in my heart for that play. I don't think I've ever screamed so much in my life.😄

The colts one for me. Cause I said I wasn't gonna believe in Ryan unless we beat the colts and that bomb got me on board for the rest of our run. And it was the colts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

The colts one for me. Cause I said I wasn't gonna believe in Ryan unless we beat the colts and that bomb got me on board for the rest of our run. And it was the colts.

The Ravens one was better in the grand scheme of things, but the Colts one will always be special to me because I was front row in the stands where he scored! Shut all the Colts fans around right up!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Don't see it happening. They view Jenkins and Fulton as our boundary corners it would seem

Things can change lol. Id take him over Fulton but maybe I just need to give Fulton a chance.

3 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

The Ravens one was better in the grand scheme of things, but the Colts one will always be special to me because I was front row in the stands where he scored! Shut all the Colts fans around right up!!

I bet that was amazing

2 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

smh.. I wish y'all would stop clambering for every FA that comes available.. sheesh.. we are set mane.. we aren't bringing in anymore FA starter caliber guys.. not Watkins, probably not Clowney... please let that ship sail...

Then we’re going to be a worse team than last year. I’m choosing to believe we’re just not going to settle for that.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Then we’re going to be a worse team than last year. I’m choosing to believe we’re just not going to settle for that.

Exactly. And no one wants every FA that comes available but when your biggest weakness now is more than likely CB and a top 10-15 CB comes available, damn right I want my team to go after him. Also, Watkins was reported interest so it’s not like fans for clamoring for him. Clowney would be depth at this point and even I don’t want him.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Exactly. And no one wants every FA that comes available but when your biggest weakness now is more than likely CB and a top 10-15 CB comes available, damn right I want my team to go after him. Also, Watkins was reported interest so it’s not like fans for clamoring for him. Clowney would be depth at this point and even I don’t want him.

It’s just, there’s no depth. On the entire roster. If we go into the draft with Josh Reynolds as WR2 and Batson as WR3, only Firkser and Swaim at TE, no NT whatsoever, only two playable OLBs, Kevin Johnson essentially starting and Cruikshank as the third safety on a defense that plays a lot of three safety looks, we’re dead. Just dead. The entire rookie class will have to play significant snaps from Day 1.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

It’s just, there’s no depth. On the entire roster. If we go into the draft with Josh Reynolds as WR2 and Batson as WR3, only Firkser and Swaim at TE, no NT whatsoever, only two playable OLBs, Kevin Johnson essentially starting and Cruikshank as the third safety on a defense that plays a lot of three safety looks, we’re dead. Just dead. The entire rookie class will have to play significant snaps from Day 1.

I think Robinson has shown that he will fill out the roster. There will be more additions. Some before draft and then after draft.

I also feel like he is making sure not to jump at the first fish or even 2nd fish that he might be able to catch. I think he has access to information like "who might be getting released. Who might be a post June 1 cut." etc. So he doesn't want to blow it by signing Adoree Jackson (not that anything is wrong with him as a player) for $23 Million when a Kyle Fuller (who we didn't have a shot at, but a player in a situation like that) becomes available and not be able to get them.

I recall an interview a year or so ago, where he said he always wants to save some money for the surprise cut, when someone you never expected to be on the market hits the market.

Do you lose out on a good player or two that you kinda like vs having to get the player you love later, that might or might not be there?  
It's a risk. 

But yeah, Robinson isn't done, but I wouldn't expect them to be signing any 4 year $30 plus million contracts. 

Why are we so focused on not having an authentic NT on the roster, today, March 23rd? Both Simmons and Autry have been doubled plenty last season and both have good win rate against double teams. Sure, we need more bodies and I'm confident they will come, but to hang on the idea that we're missing on some player that would see the field most likely at a below 50-60% snap rate anyway, while we do have two good interior linemen that have proven able to take on two blockers and win, seems pretty silly to me.

18 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Why are we so focused on not having an authentic NT on the roster, today, March 23rd? Both Simmons and Autry have been doubled plenty last season and both have good win rate against double teams. Sure, we need more bodies and I'm confident they will come, but to hang on the idea that we're missing on some player that would see the field most likely at a below 50-60% snap rate anyway, while we do have two good interior linemen that have proven able to take on two blockers and win, seems pretty silly to me.

I don't know why NT is being tossed around like we have to spend an 1st round pick on the position. 
We do need a guy,but  I think that guy can be found after the draft for an 1 year vet minimum. Maybe even an Undrafted guy. 

Like you said if we are going to be in nickel more than half the time, do we need to sign a guy for 2-3 years for $5-6 Million like a Daquan?