Is Andre Johnson a HOFer?

viking

HOFer?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is andre a HOFer?

• HOFer
    • HOVG
    • Not a HOFer

I put Hall of Very Good, but he should be HOF and could be eventually. I don't think he makes it soon though, I think JJ Watt is the first Houston Texans HOFer and by then guys that have similar production with potentially team success leap frog him at an already crowded WR position.

Definitely

He has the requisite bulk stats, he has the requisite elite window within the career, he has the 2x All-Pro

He's missing the ring, and you can knock him for low TD totals... but his resume is there

Of the eligible/soon to be eligible, I think Andre, Wayne, Holt, and Steve Smith are all on a similar plane

Larry Fitz, Julio, and AB will all jump the queue when they retire.. but that's a LONG time before those guys get on the ballot, and several of the former group will be enshrined by then. Even if you add the competition of those 3, there's then ANOTHER long time gap before the Hopkins/Adams/Evans/Diggs/Reek/Thomas group of potentials would have a shot for themselves

I have no doubt that all 7 of the bolded get in

7 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Side note: Chad Johnson should be in.

I think they have overall comparable careers.

I'm hesitant on Ocho

His window of eliteness was a little short, and he did not have enough strong seasons to get the bulk numbers, and is lacking a ring

I have no issue with him making the hall, but he's behind a good number of guys on the list IMO

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

I'm hesitant on Ocho

His window of eliteness was a little short, and he did not have enough strong seasons to get the bulk numbers, and is lacking a ring

I have no issue with him making the hall, but he's behind a good number of guys on the list IMO

See: QB play.