Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Interesting Hudson just won the commitment to excellence award basically teammates vote the most hard working players. He’s won it 4 years in a row. Hard to replace leadership esp with a team lacking leaders. 

Yea it's still a huge loss despite us netting a 3rd round pick. I think once season rolls around we will notice the huge difference with James (or whoever else we get) at center. I'll give him a chance to prove himself, but he ain't no Hudson.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m like that sometimes if the coach that saw something has shown to have a level of expertise which cable and Gruden do(contrary to popular belief)

recently,  people trash Kolton Miller because he wasn't In Mel Kipers top 20, and he played hurt as a rookie. People didn't even want to give him a chance, people also cried when we let Cook go and gave Waller a chance. I'm not saying James is going be that good, but he might surprise. I'm not willing to write him off 

Edited by Humble_Beast

43 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

recently,  people trash Kolton Miller because he wasn't In Mel Kipers top 20, and he played hurt as a rookie. People didn't even want to give him a chance, people also cried when we let Cook go and gave Waller a chance. I'm not saying James is going be that good, but he might surprise. I'm not willingly to write him off 

Right. that’s the part I get. 

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I read an Interesting note on nfltrsderumors.co

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-broncos-chargers-chiefs-raiders-45/

apparently... Jeremy Fowler of ESPN said:

Hudson “telegraphed” his exit during the season.  

Has anyone heard more about this?

Telegraphed it how exactly? Pretty vague on details and why Arizona?

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Telegraphed it how exactly? Pretty vague on details and why Arizona?

I'm sure if he telegraphed it those were internal discussions that he had with Mayock/Gruden. Vic said one of the main reasons he wanted out was because of the lack of winning he's experienced here. And he's getting older so he probably only has a couple of years left to chase a ring. 

And I'm sure Arizona only became a possible destination in his eyes this off-season. With their addition of Watt, Jones coming back, and the other pieces they have on defense like Baker and Simmons they should have a pretty good defense. And if Kyler can take the next step this season they should definitely be a playoff team.