Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Telegraphed it how exactly? Pretty vague on details and why Arizona?

Idk that’s what I’m asking.  I really don’t think think Arizona entered the picture until the left moment.   I was wondering if anyone read the ESPN article or whatever.

26 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Idk that’s what I’m asking.  I really don’t think think Arizona entered the picture until the left moment.   I was wondering if anyone read the ESPN article or whatever.

The ESPN article doesn't say anything else.

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

The ESPN article doesn't say anything else.

Thank you!  Hmm I don’t know what to make of it.... maybe it was just the writer freestyling a bit?  If it was credible info he’d have elaborated a bit.... seems like he was just adding a bit of fuel to the mix..... typical espn garbage 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm sure if he telegraphed it those were internal discussions that he had with Mayock/Gruden. Vic said one of the main reasons he wanted out was because of the lack of winning he's experienced here. And he's getting older so he probably only has a couple of years left to chase a ring. 

And I'm sure Arizona only became a possible destination in his eyes this off-season. With their addition of Watt, Jones coming back, and the other pieces they have on defense like Baker and Simmons they should have a pretty good defense. And if Kyler can take the next step this season they should definitely be a playoff team.

Call me crazy... but going to the toughest division in football and blocking the Rams, 9ers and Hawks up front doesn't sound like easiest path to winning games.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, Humble_Beast said:

recently,  people trash Kolton Miller because he wasn't In Mel Kipers top 20, and he played hurt as a rookie. People didn't even want to give him a chance, people also cried when we let Cook go and gave Waller a chance. I'm not saying James is going be that good, but he might surprise. I'm not willing to write him off 

Haha, I dont think anyone was criticizing the pick because Miller wasn't in Mel Kipers top 20🤔

I think the pick took flack as it was a pretty obvious reach at that time. Now, I'll be honest and say I was on the Derwin James bandwagon so questioned the pick. In hindsight, the pick has worked out well and a franchise LT is more valuable than an oft injured safety so we made ultimately a good decision. We do need to give Andre James a shot as it's not like we've got another option really but to expect a similar situation is naïve I think. The Waller situation is one that comes around once a decade maybe so we shouldn't just expect any old PS or UDFA we sign to break out if we give them a chance, it's still very unlikely.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:26 PM, Jeremy408 said:

For anyone who’s interested 

Thanks for posting this 👍 quite informative. He's got something to work with for sure and he is going up against Reader and Harrison who are both very solid NTs in those clips but what stands out to me is how good Kolton Miller looks, he really has improved a tremendous amount. Moreau us a good blocker too. 

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Thanks for posting this 👍 quite informative. He's got something to work with for sure and he is going up against Reader and Harrison who are both very solid NTs in those clips but what stands out to me is how good Kolton Miller looks, he really has improved a tremendous amount. Moreau us a good blocker too. 

I was wondering if anyone actually watched this lol

7 minutes ago, Roninho said:

Thnx for the link, did not know of this channel 👍 Lets hope his optimism is correct

But I do know personally is that in training camp last year he was talked up a lot. So my guess is they must've seen something at practice to inspire this much confidence. That being said it'll never make sense to pay a player before he's ever played extensively

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, I dont think anyone was criticizing the pick because Miller wasn't in Mel Kipers top 20🤔

I think the pick took flack as it was a pretty obvious reach at that time. Now, I'll be honest and say I was on the Derwin James bandwagon so questioned the pick. In hindsight, the pick has worked out well and a franchise LT is more valuable than an oft injured safety so we made ultimately a good decision. We do need to give Andre James a shot as it's not like we've got another option really but to expect a similar situation is naïve I think. The Waller situation is one that comes around once a decade maybe so we shouldn't just expect any old PS or UDFA we sign to break out if we give them a chance, it's still very unlikely.

I was one of the most vocal against the Waller situation but it was not because I did not want to give Waller a shot.  It was a situation of letting a relatively cheap proven commodity walk to give an unproven question mark who had a ton of red flags a chance.  The risk was too high and I stand by that statement still after Waller had worked out.  We should have resigned Cook and increased Waller's PT with 2 TE sets and splitting him out wide.  Besides Renfrow and Williams we did not have much for WRs.  Cook and Waller together could have done some damage especially after Williams got hurt.  We could have still drafted Moreau and then just stayed away from Witten the year after.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

There's an article on TheAthletic that has Tom Cable praising Andre James as well.  I really think we are going the same route we went with Waller.  I don't think James will be better, but he will be good enough and at a price that allows us to make big moves at positions that need to be addressed in the future.

• Like 1