Raiders trade C Rodney Hudson + 7th to Arizona for 3rd round pick

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

ok so in your world then, there is no point in getting hyped about FA until after the season? or at least a few games, and I respect that. 

I dont know why you post on a forum called footballs future though. maybe football today is better suited ha. 

I hope you are surprised and impressed with Yannick come the regular season. To me he is clearly a better football player than Crosby. I could be wrong, but again, we will find out. 

And while yes I agree we have seen a lot of busts. Yannick took a team friendly contract IMO and is betting on himself for 2 years to get the big money. So hopefully will keep him motivated. 

but if your point is we cannot react to FAs because weve never seen them play as a raider, I am fine at leaving it there. That is a fair point. But literally kills any discussion to be had lol, and again, dont understand taking that point on a forum built for talking about the future of this team 

No, no don't get me wrong. Be hyped. I'm hyped to see what he can do. 

My point is that using Yannick's signing as a safety valve against any and all other criticism of the moves made is a poor idea. 

That sort of excuse can be used for clear HOF players. Yannick isn't (yet). He's a good building block. Possibly a great one. But if he was our only big signing (which at the time, he was) whilenwe gutted the team elsewhere, it's not the type of move that balances it all out in terms of Mayock and Gruden''s performance.

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

My point is that using Yannick's signing as a safety valve against any and all other criticism of the moves made is a poor idea. 

That sort of excuse can be used for clear HOF players. Yannick isn't (yet). He's a good building block. Possibly a great one. But if he was our only big signing (which at the time, he was) whilenwe gutted the team elsewhere, it's not the type of move that balances it all out in terms of Mayock and Gruden''s performance.

yea fair enough, today things are looking a lot better for Raider fans than they were yesterday. 
getting the 3rd back, and a few more signings. 
Yannick is not going to change this D alone, that is def true!
excited to see what the next few days look like

I wanted to kill Gruden and Mayock yesterday.... but at least they got a 3rd  and more importantly Hudson wanted out so it’s not like they just decided to cut him.

it’s a deep C draft at the top.... maybe we can land creed Humphrey - Josh Myers in the 3rd and rebuild.

If you can draft a C in the 3rd and a RT in round 2 and G in round 5.....

come 2022 you could have a very nice OL for peanuts.

Miller - Simpson - Creed Humphrey - Ben Cleveland - Liam Eichenberg

Just now, BackinBlack said:

yea fair enough, today things are looking a lot better for Raider fans than they were yesterday. 
getting the 3rd back, and a few more signings. 
Yannick is not going to change this D alone, that is def true!
excited to see what the next few days look like

Getting the 3rd is definitely far nicer than the outright release being reported. FAR nicer.

It still bugs me that Hudson wanted out to begin with. I think that's a bad sign. If we had just decided to trade him, I would actually be ecstatic about getting a 3rd. The bit about him getting to the point of wanting out...that's a bit of a buzzkill because it seems like a "great, who's the next one to decide they want out?". Could be nobody, could be another great player. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Getting the 3rd is definitely far nicer than the outright release being reported. FAR nicer.

It still bugs me that Hudson wanted out to begin with. I think that's a bad sign. If we had just decided to trade him, I would actually be ecstatic about getting a 3rd. The bit about him getting to the point of wanting out...that's a bit of a buzzkill because it seems like a "great, who's the next one to decide they want out?". Could be nobody, could be another great player. 

It def is a problem.
it also seems like its not the only time our front office and agents have gotten angry / upset with each other. 
IIRC mack and cooper had the same agent right? I feel like i read once mack was traded his agent said coop wouldnt resign with us. 

this year again, it seems like gabe and hudsons agent got irked with us for whatever reason

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Now that’s valid

The releas news was totally absurd and totally made me upset. Like pack my stuff and fly over to Vegas and hit Gruden and Mark Davis in the face upset.

This verios with the trade is a bit better, but still think this move stinks.

1 hour ago, Rolni said:

The releas news was totally absurd and totally made me upset. Like pack my stuff and fly over to Vegas and hit Gruden and Mark Davis in the face upset.

This verios with the trade is a bit better, but still think this move stinks.

Not matter how you look at the Oline got worse. Raiders traded two of their most talented players today.

I'd rather have Hudson than a 3rd round pick, but it is what it is. Andre James is a risky bet. With Hudson, you just never worried about interior pressure. Carr can't handle pressure so they better be damn confident in what they did today or else Gruden's offense is about to take a hit.

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not matter how you look at the Oline got worse. Raiders traded two of their most talented players today.

I'd rather have Hudson than a 3rd round pick, but it is what it is. Andre James is a risky bet. With Hudson, you just never worried about interior pressure. Carr can't handle pressure so they better be damn confident in what they did today or else Gruden's offense is about to take a hit.

Yeah and i don't think it was part of the original plan.

David Mulugheta is the biggest riser on this year's list, cementing himself as the world's No.1 NFL agent. A former intern, Mulugheta rose through the ranks of Athletes First to become the agency's President of Team Sports, while negotiating some of football's biggest free-agent deals. Included among them are Deshaun Watson's four-year, $156 million deal with the Houston Texans and Jalen Ramsey's five-year, $100 million deal with the LA Rams.

This guy is their agent. Watson is in a stare-down with Houston. Ramsey got traded to cash in. I'm not blaming him, that's what he's paid to do and he's getting results.

Casey Hayward and Malik Hooker are his clients...

Edited by oakdb36

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

This is a very accurate assessment, but Hudson was getting up there in age as well,At some point they where going to have to make a change. Fortunately centers can be found all through the draft but there’s no way they should be expected to be at the same level that Hudson was. That being said man I’m liking what Arizona is doing.